Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the verdict on the (former?) MB

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of feel the same way Kara15. Jonathon just probably got caught up and didn't think twice about it. I still have my doubts though.

Comment

I voted for the "he is good 90% of time". But the truth is that what I really think is that he has good intentions in his heart, but he is just too used to being evil. He wants to do good but he doesn't know how. He reminds me of Lex in Season 1&2.

It is ironic, really. In Season 1, 2 and 3 Lionel was the bad guy and Lex was someone who wanted to be good, but didn't know how. Now Lionel is in Lex's place and Lex is the one who is completely evil.

Comment

He's a Luthor! Don't fall for it. Always a selfish motive that lies beneath. Wait for it. Long live the MB!

Comment

see now jaime,oburg I sort of feel that way, but then there's a part of me who is falling for it. Maybe I'm just gullable and he isnt really good? I don't know, but if he is just acting he's doing a pretty darn good job at it. Better than any other lie he's had before IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime,oburg
            He's a Luthor! Don't fall for it. Always a selfish motive that lies beneath. Wait for it. Long live the MB!
            Originally posted by tjpw fanatic
            see now jaime,oburg I sort of feel that way, but then there's a part of me who is falling for it. Maybe I'm just gullable and he isnt really good? I don't know, but if he is just acting he's doing a pretty darn good job at it. Better than any other lie he's had before IMO.
            Yup. My mental jury's still out. I can feel myself being seduced into believing he really has changed, but the MB on my other shoulder tells me not to be fooled and he has his own agenda. Perhaps it's Martha, or using Clark to bring Lex down, or something else that hasn't been quite revealed yet. I sort of think he's good, but I just can't bring myself to commit to that.

Comment

The MB is such a great actor, in reality and on the show (tricking characters with his theatrics). I'd like to say he's all good now, but come on...it's the MB. It could still just be an elaborate ruse he's playing on all of us.

Comment

I think Lionel's personality change is largely due to the change in Lex.

Lionel has always wanted Lex to be a heartless bada$$. This the type of "son he's always wanted."

I think now, lionel realizes that he raised Lex to be more than that. He knows that Lex will be more than a ruthless businessman. He has actually managed to raise a supervillain. Someone far worse than Lionel could have ever imagined. I think Lionel is fearful of what Lex will inevitably become, and knows that Clark is the only one who will be able to stop Lex, or at least, be the only one who will be well-matched against Lex. It was Lionel who unleashed this plague (ie Lex) on the world.

It sort of goes back to Naman and Sageeth, where Lex says to Clark that Naman would be a formidable enemy, and that someone would need to keep him in check.

Only Lionel's point of view would be the opposite of Lex's, where it would be Naman who keeps Sageeth in Check.

Comment

I voted for Lionel will always be the MB. Goodness does not become him. I agree that there has to be some motive for this change, one that will benefit him in the end. Maybe the next time Jor-el channels Lionel, he will discover this.

Comment

I'm sure Lionel enjoys the fact that he knows about Clark and his son is still searching.He needs to be on the good side for his best interests for now...He probably thought of a plan to ask something in return from Clark...

But,Lex suspects him for years...He will threat his father and he will surely kill him because Lionel will never tell him for anything.
                    Last edited by Sweetie; 05-07-2006, 07:19 PM.

Comment

sari chem:
                      Post #37 of 39

"I think Lionel's personality change is largely due to the change in Lex.

Lionel has always wanted Lex to be a heartless bada$$. This the type of "son he's always wanted."

I think now, lionel realizes that he raised Lex to be more than that. He knows that Lex will be more than a ruthless businessman. He has actually managed to raise a supervillain. Someone far worse than Lionel could have ever imagined. I think Lionel is fearful of what Lex will inevitably become, and knows that Clark is the only one who will be able to stop Lex, or at least, be the only one who will be well-matched against Lex. It was Lionel who unleashed this plague (ie Lex) on the world.

It sort of goes back to Naman and Sageeth, where Lex says to Clark that Naman would be a formidable enemy, and that someone would need to keep him in check.

Only Lionel's point of view would be the opposite of Lex's, where it would be Naman who keeps Sageeth in Check."

I agree. Lionel raised Lex to not take crap from anybody and to be ruthless and heartless in his business endeavors. But what he didn't realize was that Lex would become so much worse, a threat to all mankind. He sees now a worse reflection of himself in the mirror, and thinks, "Is THAT the type of person I was for so long? The type of person I taught my son to be? Good God! I gotta stop him from becoming that evil!"

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎