Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Lois' point in coming to talk to Clark about Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan and I love clois! In the Supes universe, Clois always reigns supreme!

Comment

Whatever, I dont know much about the comics and stuff but I dont think they are supposed to hook up until they are both reporters at the DP.

And as for Chloe they are slowly showing her the door I just notice in the opening credits Lois is there before her...

Comment

there was nothing romantic about the clois scene she was actually trying to be clark's friend and was showing much of her human side. Lois is not perfect..Clark is not perfect..they are still growing and their friendship is growing. They are not bickering as much as they were. Yeah there were a lot of hints of Clois, but that's what you have to deal with it. I don't think they are gonna just push lois and clark together right away. They are still growing as friends right now and I think in season 6 they will actually become closer AS friends.

Comment

Originally posted by mallory
          They are putting in the Clois hints because of the fan rebellion against EDLois. Also to keep the fires burning over Chlois.
          Where did you hear that?

What I don't understand is how so many Clois fans can be happy with a totally random moment like this with no canonical interaction to back it up. Seriously: "...and sometimes I think you know me better than anyone"??? What? Maybe I'd buy EDLois being honest with him about what she thinks about something whether or not he even asked for her opinion, but I don't take that as her "knowing" anything about him. She just sees a situation and spouts off uninvited advice, hoping it'll stick. That's not having insight, that's being opinionated.

Really, the anvil was so heavy-handed, I laughed out loud. So I'm not particularly concerned about it at all. Just the placement of it bothers me. For a whole season and a half, TPTB have made these two, at best, siblings who don't even like each other. Now I'm supposed to buy EDLois's "come get it, Farm Boy" eyes while she's talking about matters of the heart with Clark of all people? Oh right, they had that other one moment last episode when he saw her naked. That must spell romance.

Comment

Thankyou Snarkmaster! I said almost the same thing in another post about the heavy handedness of "sometimes I think you know me better than anyone else" bit. Total bulls**t. I'm sorry but the more I see edlois the more I dislike her. She has expressionless eyes, and there's a complete lack of chemistry between them.

The vibe edllois gives off is that of a desperate woman. I hope edlois fans don't get too angry at me but that was overwhelming feeling I got watching her with him. And there is nothing more pathetic and un-lois lane like.

Comment

I say just get them together and get it over with. Anything is better than having him and clana together. They've turned the clana character into a whiney sap who tries to read *relationship meanings* into every tiny event. I use to like the character of clana but now she drives me up the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael122
                Its code for "Clark, you fool, I want you."

I didn't think this was anything new. Lois always comes and talks to him -- when she knows he's feeling bad, when she's feeling bad, when she feels like busting his chops. She came and talked to him in Blank. She came and talked to him in Aqua. She came to talk to him in Commencement. It's pretty routine at this piont. It makes sense she would come to talk to him about this.

Originally posted by LuckyKrypto
                I think there is a little too much reading into some of the moments between Lois and Clark. I really like what they are trying to do with these two. I find it hard to believe that they are just going to throw these two together now that Lana and Clark are no longer together.
                Yes, I agree with this.

Comment

I hope I don't see clark and edlois together. I agree with you on the clana thing, but that doesn't make clark and edlois a better option... in my opinion of course.

Comment

I thought she just came up to see him, give him a few friendly words of advice, and buck him up. Yes, the dialogue was a bit heavy-handed, but there was nothing wrong with Lois' motivations. She was there when the Clark/Lana confrontation took place, even though she left before she could realize that Clark wasn't "stalking" Lana (and how assinine was that to even suggest, or for Ausiello to say to people? It wasn't even in the ballpark). I like when she told him it was time for "tough love".

And yes, I do think Lois has something of a thing for Clark, though she'd probably rather eat dirt than admit it.

But I'm still glad the scene ended with him and Chloe together
                    Last edited by BadToad; 05-05-2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                      I thought she just came up to see him, give him a few friendly words of advice, and buck him up. Yes, the dialogue was a bit heavy-handed, but there was nothing wrong with Lois' motivations. She was there when the Clark/Lana confrontation took place, even thought she left before she could realize that Clark wasn't "stalking" Lana (and how assinine was that to even suggest, or for Ausiello to say to people. It wasn't even in the ballpark). I like when she told him it was time for "tough love".

And yes, I do think Lois has something of a thing for Clark, though she'd probably rather eat dirt that admit it.

But I'm still glad the scene ended with him and Chloe together
                      Yup, I agree. I enjoy the interaction between these two characters. I see them becoming friends. Lois is starting to show a deeper side of her character: the caring human being. I enjoy her snarky-ness, but I think I'd rather see a little bit more of her humanity. That's why I've enjoyed the Lois scenes in this episode.

Comment

I don't get why Lois is not allowed to talk to Clark and try to help him through a bad breakup. Is she a monster because she cares about him? It is not like that this is the first time this happen. In Gone, she talked to him about Lana. In Lucy he talked with her twice about her relatioship with her sister. First when he said she sounded "grumpier" than usual and then, at the end of the episode when he was concerned about her not going out of her room. He tried first to get Chloe to talk to her. When she did not go (and that was totally O.O.C. for Chloe, because she and Lois are friends) he did the talking. Lois also talked to him in Blank when he was amnesiac and concerned because he didn't know whom to trust. She talked about her story of relationships in Acqua as well. So, it was not the first time one or the other offered advice. What is new? They had also admitted to be friends. They argue, they fight, but on the end of the day, they are friends. They are not the best friends, but they care about each other. I really don't see what is the matter with that, really. His best friend is still Chloe. She is just another friend.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat
                          I'm sorry but the more I see edlois the more I dislike her. She has expressionless eyes, and there's a complete lack of chemistry between them.
                          In the beginning I was all excited with the introduction of ED as Lois in SV. But as S4 dragged on, I was getting less and less excited with ED playing the role. Somehow she did not come out as the Lois Lane whom I have known for nearly half century.

Please don't get me wrong, ED is a wonderfully talented and beautiful actress, but maybe TPTB have given her their own version of LL that they wanted her to portray. So I believed ED came up with her way of giving TPTB what they wanted and the chemistry IMO did not came out quite to my taste. It is the combination of ideas that was not quite right. However TPTB must have like what they saw.

Personally I would have prefered a Lois with a slightly softer edge than ED. Well not quite what Kristin would have come up with, but maybe more like what I think Lisa Sheridan of Invasion could have done... but then that is just my personal taste.

O BTW I am a Clois person and I just love the subtle development in the relationshop between CK and Lois. Well whether it happens in SV or not, it does stir an excitement in me to be reminded that Clois is the way the fairy tale ends... and they lived happily ever after!

Soon Smallville will just be a memory and Metropolis will take up center stage.
                          Last edited by gmniMan; 05-06-2006, 05:25 AM.

Comment

I didn't mind the loft scene. At least the writers are attempting to make Lois a kinder, softer person. People are always complaining that Lois is too sarcastic and annoying. When she's finally nice to Clark, people go berserk......

Although the foreshadowing is ridiculous.
                            WE GET IT! Lois end up with Clark. Is this really necessary?

Comment

I think Lois' point in my opinion is......

I have a feeling that Lois' point in talking to Clark about Lana is in fact that she is saying to Clark what Martha had said to her but in different way. I think it's her way of saying " Clark, you need to find someone who is better for you and Lana isn't that someone, and you need to see that, because you still don't see it because you don't want to and it's about time that you should see that Lana isn't right for you by the way she is treating you, Clark. Why can't you just see that."
                              Last edited by laurarawlins; 01-05-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎