Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Lois' point in coming to talk to Clark about Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angelfire east
    Lois was trying to be a good friend to Clark and Lana by getting Clark advice.
    I agree, she doesnt want to see Clark mope. Plus for all she knows Clark was beign weird Stalkerman in Lana's dorm, so she's trying to get him to move past that. I thought it was sweet and I'm glad that they can have those kind of conversations with each other.

Comment

When I read the title of this thread, I got myself all excited...but then I realized I'd only read "What is Lois' point" and not the rest. I would've happily chimed in with "she's supposed to have a point?"

Right, like I'm gonna buy this toasted attempt at an anvil with a whole season and a half of painful sibling spat scenes in the bank. The Clois is random and forced and retarded. Frankly, the only thing it made me do was laugh..and maybe throw up a little in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
        When I read the title of this thread, I got myself all excited...but then I realized I'd only read "What is Lois' point" and not the rest. I would've happily chimed in with "she's supposed to have a point?"

Right, like I'm gonna buy this toasted attempt at an anvil with a whole season and a half of painful sibling spat scenes in the bank. The Clois is random and forced and retarded. Frankly, the only thing it made me do was laugh..and maybe throw up a little in my mouth.
        The foreshadowing needs to stop. I don't care what happens in the future. This is Smallville. Get rid of Durance, let her go take her top off in some horror movies.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
          The foreshadowing needs to stop. I don't care what happens in the future. This is Smallville. Get rid of Durance, let her go take her top off in some horror movies.
          I don't appreciate your attacks on the actress. If you don't have anything constructive to say about the show, then please keep your actor hate to yourself.

Well, 99.9% of people DO care what happens in the future. The premise of Smallville was to see Clark Kent's struggles as a young man and how those struggles MAKE him Superman.

We're on the cusp of Clark moving INTO his future so if you don't care what happens in the future go pull out DVDs of Seasons 1 and 2 and watch those. The show is moving forward.

And a HUGE part of Clark's future IS Lois Lane. That's the way it is, whether you like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DanaButterfly
            I don't appreciate your attacks on the actress. If you don't have anything constructive to say about the show, then please keep your actor hate to yourself.

Well, 99.9% of people DO care what happens in the future. The premise of Smallville was to see Clark Kent's struggles as a young man and how those struggles MAKE him Superman.

We're on the cusp of Clark moving INTO his future so if you don't care what happens in the future go pull out DVDs of Seasons 1 and 2 and watch those. The show is moving forward.

And a HUGE part of Clark's future IS Lois Lane. That's the way it is, whether you like it or not.
            I know that Lois Lane is Clark's future, I just don't need to be reminded of it every single episode. It's overkill. Plus, Lois and Clark might not even hook up on this show. That still remains to be seen.

Comment

I know that Lois Lane is Clark's future, I just don't need to be reminded of it every single episode. It's overkill. Plus, Lois and Clark might not even hook up on this show. That still remains to be seen.
              I don't follow your logic of being "reminded of it [Clois] every single episode," because Lois isn't in every single episode. There have been a lot less anvils this season, actually. And, the fact that when Clark and Lois are in a room together, every fan of theirs can't help but grin and think of the future. That's just the way it is.

It's NOT overkill. If anything on this show is overkill, it's the redundant conversation Clark and Lana have had (usually in the loft) about their "relationship," Clark moping over Lana, and people saying how fantastic Lana is (when she's really not) for the last five years.

The show is moving on. The characters are evolving. They're not fifteen anymore. They've had some life experiences.

I don't expect Clark and Lois to hook up on Smallville. Clark's not ready to handle a woman like Lois yet. He still needs to learn to accept and love himself before he can open his heart and truly let a woman in. And yes, he is going to do that with Lois.

If Clark and Lois do happen on Smallville, it'll be a pleasant surprise. And, if they do plan any kind of romance between the two, I expect Clark to be the first one with feelings for Lois, as it has been since 1938 (I apologize if I got the year wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by DanaButterfly
                I don't follow your logic of being "reminded of it [Clois] every single episode," because Lois isn't in every single episode. There have been a lot less anvils this season, actually. And, the fact that when Clark and Lois are in a room together, every fan of theirs can't help but grin and think of the future. That's just the way it is.

It's NOT overkill. If anything on this show is overkill, it's the redundant conversation Clark and Lana have had (usually in the loft) about their "relationship," Clark moping over Lana, and people saying how fantastic Lana is (when she's really not) for the last five years.

The show is moving on. The characters are evolving. They're not fifteen anymore. They've had some life experiences.

I don't expect Clark and Lois to hook up on Smallville. Clark's not ready to handle a woman like Lois yet. He still needs to learn to accept and love himself before he can open his heart and truly let a woman in. And yes, he is going to do that with Lois.

If Clark and Lois do happen on Smallville, it'll be a pleasant surprise. And, if they do plan any kind of romance between the two, I expect Clark to be the first one with feelings for Lois, as it has been since 1938 (I apologize if I got the year wrong).
                It's been mentioned a lot lately. The past several episodes have had these foreshadowing moments thrown in. If you don't mind them, then fine. They're getting under my skin a little bit. Don't take it personally if I don't like it. I'm sure you hate things that I like and vice versa.

Comment

I think there is a little too much reading into some of the moments between Lois and Clark. I really like what they are trying to do with these two. I find it hard to believe that they are just going to throw these two together now that Lana and Clark are no longer together.

I also think, that just like we are watching Clark grow and do stupid things, we are also seeing that with Lois. She's not perfect, none of these characters are.
                  I have to laugh at times when I hear the 'this is smallville' thing. Every story about Superman puts it's own twist on the story, Smallville is no different.
                  I for one am really enjoying the whole Lex and brainiac thing, and I am pretty sure I have never read a story like what I am seeing on Smallville...but it's good, I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyKrypto
                    I think there is a little too much reading into some of the moments between Lois and Clark. I really like what they are trying to do with these two. I find it hard to believe that they are just going to throw these two together now that Lana and Clark are no longer together.

I also think, that just like we are watching Clark grow and do stupid things, we are also seeing that with Lois. She's not perfect, none of these characters are.
                    I have to laugh at times when I hear the 'this is smallville' thing. Every story about Superman puts it's own twist on the story, Smallville is no different.
                    I for one am really enjoying the whole Lex and brainiac thing, and I am pretty sure I have never read a story like what I am seeing on Smallville...but it's good, I like it!
                    I hear ya. To me, the whole Lois and Clark thing bothers me because you have Chloe around too. I don't like all of this Chloe=Lois talk and stuff like that. I'd rather the whole situation become more clear cut between Clark, Chloe and Lois.

Comment

I would find it annoying if it didn't serve a greater purpose. The chat with Martha last week and the loft scene with Clark this week did more than just drop hints that Lois and Clark will some day be together. These scenes have started making Lois a human being.

Lois has been a combination of three things for the past season or so: chest, zingers, and karate kicks. Any scene that gives Lois things like thoughts or emotions is welcome in my book. Sure, these scenes may be a little clumsy, but the end result is worth it.

Once they find the right balance between the thoughtful friend and the karate kicking smart aleck, they will have found the actual Lois Lane. I'm willing to wade through anvil infested waters to get there.

Comment

i think with baking the cake, being the only one to give Clark a gift (other than the tickets), and the loft scene, this episode was trying to portray Lois differently than the last 2 years. ie, setting up season 6 clois.

Comment

These Lois and Clark scenes are so forced with foreshadowing. It's getting way out of hand.
                          I'm waiting for the universe to explode b/c I completely agree with you.

I'm so sick of the foreshadowing. It's like, come on already, either put Lois & Clark together or keep them friends (for now) but enough of this foreshadowing crap. We know that Lois Lane is in fact Lois Lane!

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaE
                            I'm waiting for the universe to explode b/c I completely agree with you.

I'm so sick of the foreshadowing. It's like, come on already, either put Lois & Clark together or keep them friends (for now) but enough of this foreshadowing crap. We know that Lois Lane is in fact Lois Lane!
                            Yeah, I feel that the foreshadowing could kill their romance before it even starts.

Comment

Get rid of Durance, let her go take her top off in some horror movies.

Comment

Yeah, I feel that the foreshadowing could kill their romance before it even starts.
                                They are putting in the Clois hints because of the fan rebellion against EDLois. Also to keep the fires burning over Chlois.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎