Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark is Kryptonian but he can't translate it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one hundred percent convince that Lionel was writting code that has to be decipher... if not, CK is big and dumb and... alien

Comment

It was in code. Hence the computer program to scan for patterns. Clark can read Kryptonian, remember Chloe took him the pattern after she found it... she can't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by StealthyMakoto
        It was in code. Hence the computer program to scan for patterns. Clark can read Kryptonian, remember Chloe took him the pattern after she found it... she can't read it.
        Exactly! It was writing in Kryptonian but was in code, they had to break the code and unscramble the meaning. I can read English with the Latin alphabet (Incase people don't know what the Latin alphabet is, it's the alphabet you are using right now) but that doesn’t mean I could understand any piece of writing in code with the Latin alphabet.

Comment

he couldnt read it because it all wasnt whole letters

the letters were proken into small peices so what he was looking at looked like giberish

Comment

Fine. It was in code. I can buy that. "Zod is Coming." Oh hell yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael122
              I dunno...that D looked like an O. Clark might have mis-read and said that the weapon is at the zoo.

Comment

There is an explanation........Just like in english we can create different meanings, or jumble up letters for different codes........hell read the davinci code if you want an example. All you need is the key to reading the text and thats what chloe found in the mathematical analysis.

Comment

i thought he didn't know all of it bc when he was at FOS chloe messed up the learning process of all of that..or am i missin something

Comment

There is no logical reason Clark can't read Kryptonian anymore. Period. Everything I have on Kryptonian writing-- including dialogue from when Clark was reading Kryptonian in "Rosetta"-- is at http://www.ezrasmall.com/kryptonian-main.htm (go into the Gallery and then look at the pages related to the ship interior, etc.). Clark truly is a BDA, and I'm not sure what else to say about this lapse.
                    shirkie

Comment

There's a perfectly logical explanation...

Lionel doesn't understand Kryptonian. What Lionel wrote was gibberish. If I type out "ozd si ocmnig", then there's no way you could easily read that.

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
                        There is no logical reason Clark can't read Kryptonian anymore. Period. Everything I have on Kryptonian writing-- including dialogue from when Clark was reading Kryptonian in "Rosetta"-- is at http://www.ezrasmall.com/kryptonian-main.htm (go into the Gallery and then look at the pages related to the ship interior, etc.). Clark truly is a BDA, and I'm not sure what else to say about this lapse.
                        shirkie
                        I do not agree. It's an alphabet for all we know, not necesserely a language. I could write things in latin alphabet that you wouln't understand:

Parle-tu français? Pourtant, c'est le même alphabet
                        (For the mods: do you speak french. It's the same alphabet)

Hablas espanol?
                        (Do you speak espanol)

It's possible he doesn't understand. But I would have liked an explanation!

Comment

He reads it. We saw that in Rosetta.

Kryptonian was created as an alphabet in the 40s, I think. But SV seems to be using it as a symbol language, like Chinese.

A bit of a stretch that Clark can't read it. But that's why we have cryptanalysts working on decoding messages. Sometimes, even when you know the alphabet, you need a computer to sort it all out.

Comment

If Jor-El is so powerful he can communicate through Lionel from beyond the grave, why the hell wouldn't he do so using a standard Kryptonian alphabet and standard Kryptonian language? Look at the writing inside the ship... This just doesn't make any sense.
                            shirkie

Comment

He can't read it, but CHLOE can translate it for him to read, that has to be the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen in this show.

Comment

Chloe didn't translate it. Chloe scanned the symbols and ran it thru a computer to find a repeating pattern.

Can you read this jumble of letters?

zdoisgniocm

It's impossible to easily read a jumble of letters no matter much English you know. The same thing applies to any other language.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎