Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark is Kryptonian but he can't translate it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClLaLeChFAN01
    did clark forget kryptonian since he doesnt practice it a lot or something, boy oh boy. How is Chole able to figure this one out?
    I don't think Chloe figured out what the symbols meant. She was just able to figure out the pattern among the multitude of papers Lionel wrote... wait, that's really crazy! Clark was able to read the symbols, but only after Chloe "dummed" it down for him?? *wondering about the continuity*

Maybe Clark did forget some of it because he wasn't practicing his Kryptonian grammar like a good little alien...

Comment

Atleast Chloe didnt break the code herself. She just put it through a computer for the BDA to read.

Comment

If you looked at the pictures it was random placement. So Chloe found three that appeared the most and made Zod is coming. Thats why Clark didnt realize at first

Comment

Originally posted by opera_ghost
          don't like it anymore than anyone else... however, I do understand it.

the same symbols were sketched randomly all over spare bits of paper.... not necessarily was it ever linked together... nor would he realize that it was the same 3 symbols.

plus, with all of that text... there may be more there... chloe just brought to his attention the most repeating pattern... (Ala the early translations prior to the discovery of the real life rosetta stone.)

So, lighten up....

amen to this...why's everyone getting so bent outta shape?

Comment

exactly. If I wrote this on a sheet of paper:

i o p h uir w dk ewso sl w pw(which is not an anagram or anything, so don't spend to long trying to decrypt it)

You might need someone to unjumble the letters, and maybe see which letters appeared most often on the hundreds of pages. then you could narrow down the possible words. Here, the one word was all it needed to be narrowed down to.

Comment

Originally posted by godsmack23
              well, technically Chloe didnt know what it meant.. she just said that the same thing was repeated 32 times
              I rewound and watched that scene again. You're right, Chloe didn't know what it meant. Still, Clark looked pretty dumb.

Comment

I dunno...that D looked like an O. Clark might have mis-read and said that the weapon is at the zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebert & Roeper
                  i o p h uir w dk ewso sl w pw(which is not an anagram or anything, so don't spend to long trying to decrypt it)
                  Woi?

The problem here is Clark is supposed to able to decypher without any help. He is a genius at mathematics (or did AlMiles also forgot that?).

Comment

Originally posted by mttmtlnd
                    amen to this...why's everyone getting so bent outta shape?
                    Agreed!!

Comment

Right, but to decypher would mean looking at all of the sheets, and I know, I know, he could do it super-fast, but he never chooses doing things at superspeed over normal speed unless he has to. in this case, he had Chloe do the work on the symbols, while he fried bigger fish.

I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Comment

I agree that it wasn't the language itself, it was the code, that kept him from understanding or seeing at first. A jumble of letters isn't a language even if he recognized individual letters. So to me, it's a non-issue.

Comment

Edited for insulting posters and talking about posters. Please review rule#10.

10) We cannot stress this enough: DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD SHOULD AT ALL TIMES BE ABOUT THE SHOWS THEMSELVES, NOT OURSELVES, THE BOARDS, OTHER POSTERS OR OTHER FANS. Threads about why people like Lana more than Chloe (or Logan more than Duncan or WHATEVER) or posting things like "People who think that are just stupid and prudeish" or attempting to psychoanalyze the reasons why another member of this board feels the way they do, or even couching it under "positive" terms such as "I'm glad people stopped talking about that really stupid and annoying subject!" or "I'm glad most people have the sense to agree with me!" are not allowed.

This board is here for discussing television. There is NOTHING more boring than a board that talks about ITSELF. Even "I don't get the hate (or the love)" is frowned upon here - what it usually really means is "I don't get why YOU, THE OTHER FANS OF THE SHOW, feel this way, because that's a stupid way to feel." If you don't "get it," it's not really anyone's job here to justify their opinions ad infinitum to you.

Don't even try to be slick about this rule. We can still tell when you're trying to do this in an oblique way. We've been at this a while and we can tell.

BOTTOM LINE: The sole purpose of this message forum is to facilitate discussion among fans about Smallville, Veronica Mars, Birds of Prey, The 4400, Supernatural, Aquaman and the Superman Movies, and any of Craig's other fan site projects. This board is not here to discuss how stupid people who disagree with you are.
                          Last edited by yellowqueen22; 05-05-2006, 09:09 AM.

Comment

But I thought Clark was "downloaded" with the information and ability to read Kryptonian in season 2. I vaguely remember him being suspended in air with light from the cave shooting through him. That was also how lionel and that other mousy looking dude (can't remember his name) were given the ability to read kryptonian. Correct if I'm wrong though.

It really bugged me that Clark suddenly couldn't read it.

Comment

i think its cuz the symbols were too advanced even for him. but then chloe helped him with this pattern deciphering (cuz u know without chloe he would forget to put on his little time almost nonexistent thinking cap every morning) and tehn he knew cuz it was easier to understand.

Comment

the one thing I do think some people miss... including me... is that the kryptonian language doesn't resemble the english alphabet... or any alphabet with less than 50 characters...

it's more like the chinese or japanese alphabet in which the characters themselves are the words....

so he may have seen the symbol for the third person possessive verb for to come, to travel, to journey... however you wish to describe it.... but never caught the symbol for Zod on any of the picutres...

plus there may have been other things there like... "I miss my mommy... I wish I'd never killed her" and "Lex is an idiot."... but those were just musings of lionel trying to break through....

And another thing is, I don't completely trust Clark's ability to read the language anyway.... given that whole... "They are a flawed race son... rule them with strength." debacle of a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎