Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Clark's Telescope Really BROKEN?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's symbolic about embracing his future destiny and leaving boyhood (yearning for Lana a HUGE part of it) behind.

I think the telescope was a childhood gift from his Dad and originally came from Harlan (sp?) Kent. So yeah, getting rid of kid toys and hopefully transitioning to more of a Man for season six.

Comment

hmmm. i don' t think it is broken because of the way he takes good care of it putting it up..i think it just symbolieses that he is going to move on (hopefully) and that Lana isn't "the girl next door" for him anymore. so yeah i think it is a methaphor...poor Clark......

Comment

It was symbolic of the end of a relationship, perhaps Clark has come to realize that it is finally over, or so we'd like to think.

Comment

I think the telescope is just too much for him to deal with right now. It was a gift from Jonathan. And it was his connection to Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
            It was a gift from Jonathan. And it was his connection to Lana.
            I forgot it was from jonathan. Its not broken ..he is.... poor clark!

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
              Its not broken ..he is.... poor clark!
              Awww -- you know, that's some good symbolism.

Comment

It could have really broke and the writer(s) were using it as a metaphor.

Comment

yeah like most have stated here... it was symbolic meaning that his connection to lana has been broken ... i mean she stooped as low as dating his friend/enemy...

and in reality something like that is a nono to date your friends girlfriend etc... and plus Lex being a dangerous person only makes it worse.... and now Lana thinks Lex saved her and Clark had to witness her say that plus witness them kissing earlier in the episode.

the boy of steel is pretty crushed right now.... and when the thoughts of "my father is dead because i chose to save you from death then you turn around and date Lex of all people"

Im glad he's finally hinting at moving on.

Now all we need is Lex to be reckless with his soon-to-be super powers so Lana can witness his greed ... then later on down the road realize Clark was super all along but used his powers for good and not greed.

Boy she's going to feel like a skunk turd :P

I CAN'T WAIT!

While she's at it she might as well die her hair red to fit the lana of the comics visually.

Comment

No, of course not! It is just his way of moving on!

Comment

"it doesn't work anymore" .... that sounds like a metaphor to me!

Comment

No it's not really broken. Definitely symbolic of his 'ship with Lana, not to mention that being a gift from his father would make it hard to look at while Clark is still grieving. He's packing away childhood things, aw.

Comment

If anyone read spoilers it said Grahm walks in to Clark breaking his telescope. I think they cut this scene out. I think he really did break it. Maybe they just decided to make it a picture though instead and use it as a metaphor when Lana came up. I can see why he would want to put it away. It signifies a lot. It was a gift from his father. That's one major thing that came to mind.

Comment

BDA saw some hot chick in a bikini one day and just heat vision melted the lens.

thats why its broken

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎