Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana doesn't owe Clark anything...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather see Lana with anyone else other than Lex, even Shelby! IMO that just spoils her character!

Comment

Re: Lana doesn't owe Clark anything, except...

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
      Maybe her entire existence. Now I'm really sorry he ever saved your ungrateful @$$.
      I quite agree. Lana is so stupid. She has to know at some level how many times Clark saved her butt.

Comment

Originally posted by umm
        As much as I dislike the girl, I have to agree with you on this one, Lana doesn´t owe Clark anything, at least where their former relationship is concerned!
        They have broken up, and she is trying to move on with her life! That's her right, and no matter what kind of person she chooses, that's her thing and hers alone!

Word.

Comment

Re: Re: Lana doesn't owe Clark anything, except...

Originally posted by SOTK
          Lana is so stupid. She has to know at some level how many times Clark saved her butt.
          I disagree! TPTB are the ones who wrote her character not KK herself. Besides if we add up everyone CK has saved...Lex would probably at the top of the list

Comment

vikingjedi,

I disagree. it is the writing that is the reason we're in this mess - lol

"Clark's failure to tell Lana the truth is the reason they're in this mess."

peace

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
              Word.
              Ah, the "Word" post from CCG. Can't tell you how I look forward to those. Words are flying fast and furious, but when CCG arrives with "Word", you might as well consider the debate closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerous George
                vikingjedi,

I disagree. it is the writing that is the reason we're in this mess - lol

"Clark's failure to tell Lana the truth is the reason they're in this mess."

peace

He told her once she went to lex and and ended up dead. In his mind telling her would result in the same thing. Only this time he wouldn't be able to save her.

Comment

Well, I have a strong feeling that not only did Jonathan die to save Lana, but Lionel will also die. If what has been suggested that Lionel shows her the video (dvd) and/or Lex's Clark obsession room does happen, then Lionel will most likely die in exchange for Lana since I don't think they will have both of them knowing the secret at once.

If this does happen, I think Clark will for a while be repulsed by Lana after going back to stop Lana's death costed Jonathan's life for no reason after she ran to Lex and will need another to die for her.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoodie
                    Ah, the "Word" post from CCG. Can't tell you how I look forward to those. Words are flying fast and furious, but when CCG arrives with "Word", you might as well consider the debate closed.

Thanks.....I think.

Yeah, sometimes I have the inclination to just be succinct, and somtimes I can't say it any better than the poster. But on occasion, I am inclined to write longwinded posts...it all depends.
                    Last edited by cotton candy girl; 05-01-2006, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Lana seems to have a schizophrenic brain.

From episode to episode they seem have no problem changing what she thinks or knows.

I’m not sure if it’s bad writing or just a problem with the creators letting the script writers go where ever they want in each episode they write.

On that note … Jeez Lana, could you at least be semi grateful for the X amount of times that she knows of that Clark has saved her and try not to snipe defensively at the man because she feels guilty that she is now with his Friend/Rival/Enemy.

Comment

Lana owes Clark her life, but her choices, good or bad, are her own and doesn't owe for that.

That being said, Lana treated Clark terribly in the loft scene and even though she is bitter and upset, she shouldn't have been so mean to him.

I was especially upset with her hero comment, trying to make him feel bad. Trying to make herself look like the good guy by playing the high road and that he doesn't give her honesty like she's giving him.

It's her life to choose Lex, but her putting salt in the wound is uncalled for after all the times he's saved her.

Comment

I think if this were me, and my Ex started to date someone who had been a good friend of mine at one time -- I would want him to tell me. I think he would owe it to me, out of respect, so that I don't get ambushed by someone else telling me or by running into them. Especially if I could expect to see them at some point, if they're always around. I just don't agree with that statement in any form. Lex is right -- Clark deserved the respect of being told.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                            I think if this were me, and my Ex started to date someone who had been a good friend of mine at one time -- I would want him to tell me. I think he would owe it to me, out of respect, so that I don't get ambushed by someone else telling me or by running into them. I just don't agree with that statement in any form. Lex is right -- Clark deserved the respect of being told.
                            Yeah, I agree with this. I would also say that this is just another layer in Lex's manipulation as well. After Reckoning, he learned from his ham-fisted mistakes in dealing with Lana and has been brilliantly subtle since then. Like at the end of Hypnotic when he starts to defend Clark and Lana just stops him. He's putting himself on the moral high-ground in her eyes, over Clark of all people who is virtually unimpeachable. He's done that a couple of times since then and this was another good example. He was probably thinking that he wished he could be a fly on the wall when she told him, just to see his face, but to her he just seems like the magnanimous gentile that he's trying to portray. All of that has been nicely written - subtle but twisted at the same time.

Comment

Re: Lana doesn't owe Clark anything, except...

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
                              Maybe her entire existence. Now I'm really sorry he ever saved your ungrateful @$$.
                              its true what you are saying but only if she knew about all of it,
                              all the times he saved her .
                              i guess she does owe him a lot ,but because she doesn't know
                              she doesn't feel like she owes him anything

on the other hand clak always was there for her when she needed him

Comment

I just want to put one thing straight. Lana did go to tell Clark that she was dating Lex. Yes Clark already knew because she waited a bit too long, but she didn't know that he knew. She did the right thing (it took her a while, but she still did).

Then, Clark told her not to get involve with Lex. But Clark has no reason to say that, no matter how many times he saved Lana. Because he broke with her, she can do whatever she wants and he has nothing to say. That's why she was mad and rightfully so.

Do not forget that we can assume that their are not friend anymore since Clark has been really harsh (and don't tell me CK was protecting her... I know, I watch the show. But Lana doesn't know). So it was not a good time for Clark to tell her what to do.

I know most people who watch the show love Clark and Superman (I DO too!). But CK is far from flawless in this particular situation!

Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎