Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hated the scene they ended it on.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see how you'd respond to someone that blatantly lies to you about important things.
    If it bothered me so much, I'd break up with them and move along. Not persist in the relationship while being passive/agressive.

And ya know, Lana knows that Clark keeps things from her...true. But she also knows he's not out screwing other women, he isn't out harming others or scheming against them, he doesn't go on killing sprees on the weekends. She knows that he'd bend over backwards to protect her, and just about anyone else. She knows that his love for her is real.

So really, this whole bitter "I can't trust you" nonsense b/c she knows he has a secret he won't share? I'm not feeling the sympathy for her anymore. She's kept her share of secrets, for her own reasons (her relationship with Jason, killing Jason's mom, working with Lex on the spaceship). And that seems to be OK with her.

And come on, she really thinks Lex is going to be honest with her? That just makes her look like a fool. No one should have to tell her anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
      If it bothered me so much, I'd break up with them and move along. Not persist in the relationship while being passive/agressive.

And ya know, Lana knows that Clark keeps things from her...true. But she also knows he's not out screwing other women, he isn't out harming others or scheming against them, he doesn't go on killing sprees on the weekends. She knows that he'd bend over backwards to protect her, and just about anyone else. She knows that his love for her is real.

So really, this whole bitter "I can't trust you" nonsense b/c she knows he has a secret he won't share? I'm not feeling the sympathy for her anymore. She's kept her share of secrets, for her own reasons (her relationship with Jason, killing Jason's mom, working with Lex on the spaceship). And that seems to be OK with her.

And come on, she really thinks Lex is going to be honest with her? That just makes her look like a fool. No one should have to tell her anything.
      I agree with you about what you say about Lana, but if you think that Clark hasn't been as dumb as her in some cases, that's where I disagree with you. Everyone on the show is dumb, IMO. Lana is always caught up in these love escapades, it seems, which makes her look very weak. But as a whole, most of the characters in this show are just as stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by CloisFan
        The way you word it kinda seems funny. But unlikely some that absurd would happen.

Yet, when you think about it, Lana pulled it off. *claps*

Comment

I rather liked how they ended it. He hurt her. Now, she's hurt him back. Kind of even so to speak. Now, maybe they can live happily everafter.....apart.

Comment

I thought the ending was good because it shows haw much of a turd Lana is. She used to be so innocent and now look at her, she is a major tuls! Just read "tuls" backwards and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Comment

I thought Lana came off in that last scene as nasty, bitter, spiteful and completely unlikeable. Its one thing to be hurt over a break-up, but its quite another to develop convenient amnesia and make claims like you owe Clark nothing. He's saved her, and been there for her, over and over and over again during the run of this show. And if he is such a horrible person, then why did she stay with him so long? She knew that that he kept secrets all throughout their relationship. Now, suddenly, she can't trust him? B/c he broke up with her? Ah, screw you woman.

As for her ridiculous "I'm better then you b/c I'll tell the truth", she lied right in this scene. She had to be guilted into doing it by Lex. And as for her always telling the truth when that horrible Clark doesn't, has she mentioned the whole "I killed Genevieve Teague thing and had Lex cover it up for me"? Yeah, thought not.

Really Clark, time to get to steppin' Any woman thats macking on another guy, especially one thats your enemy, in such short period of time ain't worth it.

Yeah, let her find happiness with Lex. Let me know how that works out for ya Lana.

If I clapped any louder, I'd probably go deaf. SO much word.

Comment

quote:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I thought Lana came off in that last scene as nasty, bitter, spiteful and completely unlikeable. Its one thing to be hurt over a break-up, but its quite another to develop convenient amnesia and make claims like you owe Clark nothing. He's saved her, and been there for her, over and over and over again during the run of this show. And if he is such a horrible person, then why did she stay with him so long? She knew that that he kept secrets all throughout their relationship. Now, suddenly, she can't trust him? B/c he broke up with her? Ah, screw you woman.

As for her ridiculous "I'm better then you b/c I'll tell the truth", she lied right in this scene. She had to be guilted into doing it by Lex. And as for her always telling the truth when that horrible Clark doesn't, has she mentioned the whole "I killed Genevieve Teague thing and had Lex cover it up for me"? Yeah, thought not.

Really Clark, time to get to steppin' Any woman thats macking on another guy, especially one thats your enemy, in such short period of time ain't worth it.

Yeah, let her find happiness with Lex. Let me know how that works out for ya Lana.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I totally agree...Clark has been overly paranoid about keeping his secret from her, but she consistently acts like that is the only thing that matters at all. I think she will end up getting a rude awakening next season when Lex shows her his true colors...but it will be far too late to patch it up with Clark by then, or at least it had better be, we've put up with this nonsense long enough!!!!

Comment

I actually liked having Lana remind Clark it was him that broke them up. Why should he care Who she dates? He doesn't love her anymore. Lex is the her new hero.
                  When Jor-el allowed Clark to bring Lana back in Reckoning he should have warned him that her memory would be swiss cheese. If Clark is going to continue to save Lex and Lana's lives he should find a way to take some credit. Lex does even when it wasn't him.
                  I had to watch the first part of the show in closed caption due to the static, so I missed part of the nuances of earlier scenes, but the loft scene seemed more genuine than most of the Lexana scenes which appear more forced or trivial. I hate how Lana is being portrayed so quickly after the breakup, but she is moving on and Clark isn't. The fall of Lexana hopefully won't drag on like the end(?) of Clana.
                  What I didn't like about Clark telling Lana she couldn't trust Lex, was that he stopped talking instead of piling on the examples. Dying and coming back to life fried his memory too. Only Lex seems to be able to die and have memory recall. Damn Luthor genes.

Comment

I agree with BadToad completely.

Lana's got a bit of Lex in her and that I'm not sure if she knows what the truth is anymore. They've all had their brains damaged. How can she go from knowing Clark's heart is good to not trusting him at all, makes no sense and the reverse for Lex who she didn't even want to talk to in Mortal. Lana is acting like a b$$ch to Clark. Clark, she isn't worth it.

Comment

I also agree with what BadToad said. Clark should just get over Lana. He deserves better than her. And she does have her own secrets that she keeps, and its not like she is always honest. She makes herself out to be some obedient innocent little girl and it is annoying. She is such a Drama Queen.

Comment

It just kind of...ended. I was like there is the endind to the episode? I just felt and uneasy feeling.

Comment

(qutoe from ghostraider "I know it's bad right now. But times like these are going to make it all the more sweeter when she falls flat on her face and has no else left because of her actions.")
                          ghostraider, i loved that ! haha this is true
                          and theshadow129x "Yeah im growing tired of this Lana business. I mean As many times as Clark has saved Lana's life she says she has no right to protect but lex saves her twice and she's like oh im so safe with him. bah"
                          both of you, those are exactly my thoughts! im really hating lana, not that i liked her much in the first place. but this episode had an awesome clois moment with her naked, priceless, now they have both seen eachother naked, they are even.
                          and chlark is always good.

Comment

Well said.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about it as well.

Lana really has denigrated from being the nice girl in S1 and S2. The writers have really taken this "poor innocent hurt girl" to another level.

Originally posted by myankskent
                            Lana did come off that way, but Clark has done plenty along the way and his lies, even though it is meant to protect people, still hurt them. I'd love to see how you'd respond to someone that blatantly lies to you about important things.

If such a person existed under the same circumstances that Clark does, well then, I think I could overlook what he says and does.

Clark's lying is to protect people. Lana and Lex lying are a means to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                              I agree with you about what you say about Lana, but if you think that Clark hasn't been as dumb as her in some cases, that's where I disagree with you. Everyone on the show is dumb, IMO. Lana is always caught up in these love escapades, it seems, which makes her look very weak. But as a whole, most of the characters in this show are just as stupid.
                              No one is giving Clark the smart awad by far. Anyone with the nickname BDA big dumb alien cant throw stones; however, I do think Lana is smater than this. Honestly last night where the guy is trying to kill them at the end and Clark gets the bullet I wanted to get Lana a cat scan to see if she injured her head the "Lex, you save me." was so infuirating. Ok if she had done the math then she would have known that with all factors such as trajotry and the fact the guy was a hitman then yes Lana should have ralized the bullet never got anywhere or at least Lex did nothing to effect the out come.

Im sorry just becasue shes a good girl and hurt and is taken in by Lex dosent mean she cant see hes not bleeding for the back or the arm or whatever. Sorry I just think she could use her brain a bit more.

Now each ones dumb decsions weather they know it or not has lead them to break up. And now the teleoscope that has come symbloize them has come down. Its bitter sweet for some but a good methphor for whats to come.
                              Last edited by Wildfire; 04-28-2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I agree... with most of you, guys..

I didn't like the episode...for me, was those season 1 or 2 endings.... I mean, come-on, where on season 5, Superman (not the summer movie) is right on the corner..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎