Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana to Lex: You saved my life...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She had no reason to believe Clark was there adn she is hardly going to say Cheers mate and pat Lex on the back.
    I admit it is not Shakespear but a quick way of adding strength to the Lexana relationship.

Lana = serious
    Chloe = cute
    Lois = fun

Comment

Let me get this straight:
      Clark saves Lana, she immediately assumes he's superhuman and therefore keeping secrets.
      Lex saves Lana, she assumes him to be human and not keeping secrets.

Lana. Oy vey.

Comment

And why do people act like Lana is never aware of Clark saving her? She only knows about half, but she still knows plenty. Just this season, she knows of him saving her in Void, Thirst and Mortal. Last year, she know of Forever, Spell, and she knew he saved Jason in Devoted. In S3, she knew about Crisis, Obsession, Hereafter, Magnetic, Slumber.

So really, bearing that in mind, her "my hero" crap to Lex coupled in an episode with "I don't owe Clark anything" just chaps my butt, and makes me think Lana is an ungrateful twit.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
          And why do people act like Lana is never aware of Clark saving her? She only knows about half, but she still knows plenty. Just this season, she knows of him saving her in Void, Thirst and Mortal. Last year, she know of Forever, Spell, and she knew he saved Jason in Devoted. In S3, she knew about Crisis, Obsession, Hereafter, Magnetic, Slumber.

So really, bearing that in mind, her "my hero" crap to Lex coupled in an episode with "I don't owe Clark anything" just chaps my butt, and makes me think Lana is an ungrateful twit.
          It all goes back to Clark, Badtoad. Come on, what do you expect Lana to do, tell Clark "It's ok that you lied to me about the way you feel, you saved me all of those times." Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
            Let me get this straight:
            Clark saves Lana, she immediately assumes he's superhuman and therefore keeping secrets.
            Lex saves Lana, she assumes him to be human and not keeping secrets.

Lana. Oy vey.
            Well said. This is exactly the problem I have. I don't expect her to thank or talk about Clark or suspect that Clark did anything. What I expected was consistency with her asking the hero 20 questions and giving them the 3rd degree instead of thanking them (like she did with Clark).

My question is, why doesn't she expect Lex to be hiding secrets when the bullet that was fired from the gun is nowhere to be found? Isn't that mysterious like some of those circumstances that Clark saved her? Why isn't she asking Lex how he stopped the bullet without getting hurt, or where is the bullet?

My suggestion is for Clark to teach her a lesson and stay away from her for a while so that she can truly experience the Mrs. Lana Luthor future she potentially has now. Let her get kidnapped, poisoned, shot, beaten, whatever an FOTW or being the girlfriend of Lex have to offer. Otherwise, by continuing to save her, he will allow Lex to get a status that is even more upstanding from Lana and she will never see him for what he truly is.

Now is the time that they should use a nice allusion from Superman III and have Clark say to her "Don't expect me to save you, since I don't do that anymore" (my favorite line from the Reeve movies).
            Last edited by xrayvision; 04-28-2006, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IVODARK
              To me, it wasn't that she didn't give Clark credit. It was her reaction. After all this wans't the firts time Lex "took" a bullet for her. And, indeed, it wans't the first time her life was saved by one of her many boyfriends. Yet, she acts like it's a big deal. WTF?!
              My thoughts exactly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                It all goes back to Clark, Badtoad. Come on, what do you expect Lana to do, tell Clark "It's ok that you lied to me about the way you feel, you saved me all of those times." Give me a break.
                The problem is that Lana has never learned that trust is best based on one's actions, not words. Clark may have kept secrets from her, but he has always been there for her (both protection and as a friend for advice, consoling, hanging out). She has firsthand experienced Lex's underhandedness, but I'm sure you're aware of this myankskent, since both of us know that this romantic Lexana is forced and out of place this season. I can't blame Lana as much anymore since the people controlling the pencils/MS Word that type up her lines & behavior are the ones who are at fault for trying to sell Lexana. In a logical world, Lana would not have jumped from someone she claimed to love but who broke up with her to Lex in such a short time (as discussed before, I don't even think she would be with Lex period after Commencement, Arrival & Mortal in a logical world). She would be taking a long time away from any dating and get her life together.

I'm wondering what would she say if Lois started grilling her for being with him. She is a muffin-peddling college drop-out, but even she (being in the show for only 2 seasons) knows that Lex is bad news. But too bad, since this would go against Lexana, so TPTB will never have such a scene at this point in Lexana where she will talk to another girl (no jealousy factor) about being with Lex. I want Lois or Martha to slap her to wake her up. And Martha was once an eternal optimist with Lex, but she found out what he's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  The problem is that Lana has never learned that trust is best based on one's actions, not words. Clark may have kept secrets from her, but he has always been there for her (both protection and as a friend for advice, consoling, hanging out). She has firsthand experienced Lex's underhandedness, but I'm sure you're aware of this myankskent, since both of us know that this romantic Lexana is forced and out of place this season. I can't blame Lana as much anymore since the people controlling the pencils/MS Word that type up her lines & behavior are the ones who are at fault for trying to sell Lexana. In a logical world, Lana would not have jumped from someone she claimed to love but who broke up with her to Lex in such a short time (as discussed before, I don't even think she would be with Lex period after Commencement, Arrival & Mortal in a logical world). She would be taking a long time away from any dating and get her life together.
                  I agree a lot! A lot of this angst would be solved if she would just find out Clark's secret once and for all!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision

I'm wondering what would she say if Lois started grilling her for being with him. She is a muffin-peddling college drop-out, but even she (being in the show for only 2 seasons) knows that Lex is bad news. But too bad, since this would go against Lexana, so TPTB will never have such a scene at this point in Lexana where she will talk to another girl (no jealousy factor) about being with Lex. I want Lois or Martha to slap her to wake her up. And Martha was once an eternal optimist with Lex, but she found out what he's all about.
                    Xrayvision...what can I say. I have tremendous respect for you. You see things as I see them. I wish more people were like you on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by afro_maestro
                      true as that is, we KNO Clark did it. So the dramatic irony is lost on me when i'm busy wondering why the hell she would credit Lex for it? They just want some way for her and Lex to get closer.
                      Um no. Clark saved LEX's life. Since Lex was protecting Lana from the bullet, if Clark had not been there, that would have just meant that lex would've been shot.

There was no Irony to her statement. Lex saved her life. Was she not supposed to be grateful? Or maybe she was supposed to say: "I know you think you saved me, but it was actually Clark"

Comment

LEX IS A CONIVING SNAKE WHO SHOULD BE KILLED

Comment

Yes, I totally expect that. Or, I expect her to say that I'm hurt we broke up, but I'm not forgetting all the times you've been there for me, and saved my life. And I expect her to have enough respect for their history to not be an ungrateful shrew. B/c I don't know how it goes in your world, but the fact that someone no longer is in love with me wouldn't make me forget that they had been my rescuer on about a dozen occasions. But hey, thats me. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Granted that I knew there was no was that Lana could have known Clark was the one who blocked the bullet, I think, for me, it boiled down to semantics. If she had said : "Thank you Lex for protecting me" or something to that extent it probably wouldn't have bothered me so much. Instead, however, she said: "You saved my life". No he didn't, he didn't even get shot. I would have even accepted a "thank you for risking your life for me" type of line, but what she said exaggerated the moment - for all we (and they) know, the guy might've missed regardless of Clark's presence due to the fact that he was dying. ...but that's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. *shrugs* I liked the episode anyway
                            Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 04-28-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                              Yes, I totally expect that. Or, I expect her to say that I'm hurt we broke up, but I'm not forgetting all the times you've been there for me, and saved my life. And I expect her to have enough respect for their history to not be an ungrateful shrew. B/c I don't know how it goes in your world, but the fact that someone no longer is in love with me wouldn't make me forget that they had been my rescuer on about a dozen occasions. But hey, thats me. Your mileage may vary.
                              That's ridiculous. BadToad, you seem to be an older person like I am based on your literacy, but if you really believe that, then you are being unfair. When you break up with someone, you are not thinking logically. Plain and simple.

Comment

myankskent, with all due respect, my opinion is no more "ridiculous" then any of yours. You don't have to agree, but please show some respect for others opinions, as I assume you expect the same in return. I think Lana is being an ungrateful witch, and thats MY opinion, and perfectly valid to me based on the events that occured on the show. You don't have to agree. I don't expect to you, since its all about Lana for you.
                                Last edited by BadToad; 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎