Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Like this Episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the Batman reference, what was it ?

Comment

Not too shabby, have seen worst defo a little above average for a season 5 episode

Comment

Originally posted by Martin le Magicien
        I missed the Batman reference, what was it ?
        The phrase The Riddler says sometimes:
        Chloe: Riddle me this..........

Comment

Originally posted by Summers
          The phrase The Riddler says sometimes:
          Chloe: Riddle me this..........

Thanks I wonder if her "Clark my boy friday" line was a nod to the Allison Mack website "Girl friday" ? Or is it some kind of english expression ? (I'm french).

Comment

I really hated the end of this episode.. I am so tired of Lana and Clark and sad story lines... I really have not been a fan of Lex and Lana together but the two actors pulled it off well......

Comment

I actually really enjoyed this episode.

Now that I live in Burbank, I was not able to see it until Friday. It was pre-empted due to basketball. With that being said, I had all of Thursday after Smallville aired to read what people thought. There were a lot of people that did not really care for this episode all that much. Maybe it was due to the fact that my expectations were low, but to me this was a good episode.

It was the first episode in awhile where I actually liked Lois and all of the forshadowing actually made me warm up to Smallville's version of Clois a bit. The talk at the end with Lois and Martha about getting through all the bad guys to find the right one was great. I really want to love the Clois ship, because Lois and Clark have always been my favorite fictional couple. They have just done such a horrible job developing and writing Lois on Smallville. But there was some awesome Clois in this episode.

I really liked the villain. I thought he was a great character.

The special effects sequence at the beginning was cool with the save.

Nice forshadowing of Clark's future as a reporter with the press pass. They barely ever do any forshadowing at all in regards to Clark's future as a reporter, so that was nice to see.

This episode also had some very good light hearted moments like with Clark seeing Lois naked. That was hilarious. You do have to wonder why Lois would answer a door naked. I mean, if you have time to get out of the shower and make your way over to the door, you have time to put on a towel. But hey, reality aside, it was a great scene.

On a shallow note, ED looked extremely sexy in this episode. They have done a horrible job developing Lois and writing her overall. But man is she sexy. She looked incredible in that dress in the club in Metropolis, as well as when she was working out. Just wow!

The only bad thing about this episode was going back to the Clana once again. That was seriously my only gripe.

Overall the episode had some nice Clois forshadowing (the best in a long time), a nice hint at Clark's future as a reporter, and a cool villain.

Comment

My friends, I saw this episode on Friday and I have to say that I was terribly disappointed. This season started on such a high note and it is now turned into the worst Smallville season of all. Season 1, 2, 3, and 4 all had a point or an overall goal. But this season doesn't seem to have a real goal on what it's trying to accomplish. In other words, it's a mess. It has no direction what so ever and it keeps creating random plots that don't seem to fit together. The whole Kryptonian/Brainiac plot is totally non existent at this point and time and it was made out to be what the season was going to be about. Season 5 is basically season 1, 2, 3, and 4 jumbled together without any form of direction. I'm very saddened on how this season has turned out and I hope season 6 puts things back on course.

Anyway back to the review. Fade was bad. It was probably the worst episode episode I've seen since Fanatic. This episode seemed to be a exact copy of all the other FotW episodes and the worst part is, they stole the villian idea from Spiderman including the name 'Chamelion'( Spiderman has a nemesis called Chamelion and he has the same powers that this Chamelion had). This whole Lexana thing is the worst idea ever. I don't like the idea of Lana of being Smallville's version of Miss Tesmocker( i think that's how her name is spelled in Superman The Movie). The acting was good, but the storyline just didn't bring anything new to the table except help make Lois realize that her future boyfriend will be Superman. All in all, I give this terrible episode a 3/10.

Comment

I didn't think Fade was a bad episode, but I think it continued the trend of using the A story as a framework to develop the love triangle between Clark, Lana and Lex. As someone who isn't that interested in the ships on this show, it's frustrating to have every story line tangled up in the soap aspects of SV. What I found most engaging about Mercy was that the main story, even though it involved Martha, was really about Lionel and Lex, and the devopment of Lex's destiny. It deepened the tension between Lex and Clark based on the dynamic between Lex and Clark -- not based on Lana. Eeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7

Now that I live in Burbank, I was not able to see it until Friday. It was pre-empted due to basketball. With that being said, I had all of Thursday after Smallville aired to read what people thought. There were a lot of people that did not really care for this episode all that much. Maybe it was due to the fact that my expectations were low, but to me this was a good episode.

It was the first episode in awhile where I actually liked Lois and all of the forshadowing actually made me warm up to Smallville's version of Clois a bit. The talk at the end with Lois and Martha about getting through all the bad guys to find the right one was great. I really want to love the Clois ship, because Lois and Clark have always been my favorite fictional couple. They have just done such a horrible job developing and writing Lois on Smallville. But there was some awesome Clois in this episode.

Nice forshadowing of Clark's future as a reporter with the press pass. They barely ever do any forshadowing at all in regards to Clark's future as a reporter, so that was nice to see.

This episode also had some very good light hearted moments like with Clark seeing Lois naked. That was hilarious. You do have to wonder why Lois would answer a door naked. I mean, if you have time to get out of the shower and make your way over to the door, you have time to put on a towel. But hey, reality aside, it was a great scene.

On a shallow note, ED looked extremely sexy in this episode. They have done a horrible job developing Lois and writing her overall. But man is she sexy. She looked incredible in that dress in the club in Metropolis, as well as when she was working out. Just wow!

The only bad thing about this episode was going back to the Clana once again. That was seriously my only gripe.

Overall the episode had some nice Clois forshadowing (the best in a long time), a nice hint at Clark's future as a reporter, and a cool villain.

wow u just like summed up the entire ep. lol, i agree about how the clois played out in this episode. And There was some foreshadowing with the presspass, etc. And yes the clana at the end was just downright unneeded this episode or any other IMO. The reason being clana is over, hard for clana fans to get over, but it's true. .... O yea, E.D. did look veerry sexay this epp =] sit-ups never looked so good, lol haha

Comment

Liked a scene here and there, but basically was just an hour to waste.
                      Last edited by Spindrift; 04-30-2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Re: Did You Like this Episode?

Originally posted by Kalel x2x2
                        Did you guys like this episode?.. basically because its another fotw episode..but u never know.. Did YOU Like It?
                        One of the things that I really like about SV as it has gone along is that the FOTWs have been kept pretty fresh. S1 and S2, it was all High School kids just getting their abilities. Now, characters have had them for years. It is natural that they would've built lives around them. Graham was an interesting twist. Other than that, here are my thoughts:

The Good
                        - The scene at the beginning with Clark saving Grahams life. It was a short little scene, but it was new. I don't think that we've seen Clark jump much.
                        - The bookend scene at the end with Clark saving Lex was also pretty well done. You saw it coming a mile and a half away, but it was still pretty good.
                        - The Chloe-Clark scenes. It was nice to see them give a little nod to the history, even it was just in the performances. That is something they have gotten much better at this season.
                        - The effect when Graham was invisible was fun, if a bit poorly used. I mean, you have an invisible man POV shot and you don't use it in the climax to build tension?
                        - It was a nice little geek thrill seeing Lex and Dr. Fine are working together on some evil scheme.

The Bad
                        - The Lex-Lana scenes were awful. MR is so good when playing off the rest of the cast that it is shocking seeing him so brutally bad when trying to be romantic with KK.
                        - The mishandling of the character arc with Lana. This is hardly a new problem. The Clana was wildly inconsistent on her side for years. It must be hard for KK to remember where she is supposed to be week-to-week.
                        - The Lois B-Plot with the FOTW. This has been over-done. It was nice that they acknolwedged it, but it is time to leave it in the past. Can't Chloe fall for the FOTW anymore? What about a FOTW that doesn't have a romantic link to anyone?

The Odd
                        - When they first used the shower scene in "Crusade", it was a bold announcement of a new maturity from Lana (which they didn't follow up on, but still ...). Since, they used the same shot two more times and it is getting tired. I mean, as far as I can tell the person body doubled KK, AM and ED in the same shower. They need a new 'sexy' scene.
                        - Lois as MKs Chief of Staff is terrible. The actors are a lot older than their characters, so why draw attention to it when you don't have to? Lois could just as easily be a college student, or a barista for what they have her doing.

Comment

Ditto^^^^ Although I must say that I loved this epi, even with the bad and the odd!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7

That's a great episode's resume...I agree.

I think that Clark will have to come clean with Lana about his secret if he wants her to understand his perspectives of Lex.Then,she'll see Lex for who he really is and she will have to apologise to Clark for being so rude with him all these years...Can't wait to see that

Lana will have to let him go on his great destiny on better therms this time and Clark will be free at last...

Comment

I enjoyed this very much. Except Lois shower scene but it was funny when Clark found her! Clark and Lois banter was cute in this and Clark and Chloe even cuter! I fear for Lana though. She defiantly continues with Lex despite what everyone is saying to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎