Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade Ratings

It's way too early for this thread, but I wanted to bring up what Craig posted on the home page, that the LA market will not see this episode until Friday...which means, they won't be part of Thursday's Fast Nationals...which means the ratings *may* not be as strong this episode.

So, now that we know this ahead of time...carry on.

Even if they are slightly worse than Mercy, it still means that Smallville isn't gaining back any of it's audience that it has been losing since reckoning.

Comment

That's doubtful. Smallville's ratings are following a trend for all shows at this time of year. All ratings typically decline the 2nd half of the tv season, then rise again during sweeps and again during finale time. Not only that, but Smallville's ratings have followed their own trend by peaking at both the start of the season and then the finale, but gradually dipping throughout the rest of its season run. Sure, ratings go up and down week to week, but as long as Smallville is hitting its numbers for their key demographics, this weekly panic doesn't really need to happen.

Comment

Yeah but Smallville's ratings never declined in the middle of the season. They were consistently on top until episode 15, with a minor decline after Reckoning. It's this last string of episodes where the ratings are taking a hit, a time when they should be going back up.

Comment

I think this ep will do the same as the last few eps before it, but I'm not worried. The show will be picked up and the finale will do a big number. Hopefully it will have a Superman Returns preview like the BB preview last year.

Comment

its on in about an hour so everyone go and email everyone in your address book or go in chatrooms and tell everyone to tune in and lets see if we can boost the rating ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
              its on in about an hour so everyone go and email everyone in your address book or go in chatrooms and tell everyone to tune in and lets see if we can boost the rating ourselves

The rating is going to be poor. LA isnt able to watch it. Its not a big deal but its going to be a bad rating.

Comment

Originally posted by F-Stop Blues
                The rating is going to be poor. LA isnt able to watch it. Its not a big deal but its going to be a bad rating.
                LA is not going to take down ratings that much. Bottom line is they better improve this episode, and by improve I mean that the rating itself should come close to last week, because then if you factor in LA, it would mean an increase in the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                  LA is not going to take down ratings that much. Bottom line is they better improve this episode, and by improve I mean that the rating itself should come close to last week, because then if you factor in LA, it would mean an increase in the ratings.

Thats huge city. I think it will affect the ratings. How could it not?

Comment

The ratings are down from last week. Not surprising though.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthefig
                      The ratings are down from last week. Not surprising though.
                      The ratings certainly aren't increasing like they should late in the season. I wonder why.

Comment

Just saw the ratings on the news page. 6th place. Good thing there are only two episodes left or they would need to dig a hole the ratings going so low. Thank god it's not related to Lexana or the death of Clana. Must just be the poor stories and FOTWs. Now I remember, it's the poor advertising and promos and too much sex and ..............
                        The Truth for me is as much as I could hardly wait each week for a new episode, now I don't even watch when it airs. I kept hoping that once James came back, maybe the stories would improve and they would get off the Lexana. I realized today that Lex and Lana have kissed more this season than Lana and Clark in the past 3 seasons combined.
                        I think they need two huge episodes now to get the show back on track or come fall not enough people are going to care what they do next season. They have the base, the characters, the future of superman in view, but they can't seem to fill in the blanks with anything but filler. Tasteless, colorless, humorless, thoughtless filler. I used to watch a DVD episode nearly everyday, but now I don't care. Why should a casual fan care? It appears they don't anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly by guy
                          Just saw the ratings on the news page. 6th place. Good thing there are only two episodes left or they would need to dig a hole the ratings going so low. Thank god it's not related to Lexana or the death of Clana. Must just be the poor stories and FOTWs. Now I remember, it's the poor advertising and promos and too much sex and ..............
                          The Truth for me is as much as I could hardly wait each week for a new episode, now I don't even watch when it airs. I kept hoping that once James came back, maybe the stories would improve and they would get off the Lexana. I realized today that Lex and Lana have kissed more this season than Lana and Clark in the past 3 seasons combined.
                          I think they need two huge episodes now to get the show back on track or come fall not enough people are going to care what they do next season. They have the base, the characters, the future of superman in view, but they can't seem to fill in the blanks with anything but filler. Tasteless, colorless, humorless, thoughtless filler. I used to watch a DVD episode nearly everyday, but now I don't care. Why should a casual fan care? It appears they don't anymore.
                          Fly by guy, Right on with that post. You always see things exactly the way I do.

Comment

Hey they are not nearly as bad as Hypnotic. They are over 3 million and in between 3 and 5 million. They are going strong.

Comment

The show got 4.47 million viewers based on the early numbers, which is already higher than last week.

When the final number comes out and the L.A audience gets added on it will be even higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎