Rate the Episode

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good but not one of the best.Liked the FOTW, and i liked how chloe got her first front page at the DP.But the Lexana was retarted

Comment

This episode was just all right for me. It wasn't really all that thrilling to me... It seemed a lot like a retread of the Clark/Lex frenemyship, confined to a single episode, using the character of Graham Garrett. He had a cool power and backstory, but I didn't think the acting by the person portraying him was all that amazing, so I wasn't as wowed by his character as I might have been otherwise. Lois had some nice moments during this episode, though. The Clexana stuff... meh. I couldn't really care either way about that. But still, it wasn't all that bad... not amazing either, though. I'll give it 5 neckties of death out of 10! Oh, and I liked the Chloe front page headline, though! Congrats, my favorite tiny blonde!

Comment

Not the most exciting episode. The Graham Garrett plot was obviously designed to get Clark to a point, where he questions himself if he should go around and saving strangers, as some of them might be bad people. However, I wish they had spent more time on Clark doubting whether or not he should save people, rather than just have it be a scene at the end. They should've had that be the main focus. Just have him save Garrett at the start of the episode, Garrett kills someone and then Clark spends the next 30-ish minutes questioning if he should or shouldn't save random people, because some of them might be bad people. It's an issue that deserves to be fleshed out.

Of course, Garrett went after Lex, because Clark sent back his thank you gift. Garrett later tells Clark, that he should've just taken the plasma. Kinda makes me think of Clark returning the truck to Lex in the "Pilot". Garrett and Lex are a bit similar in that regard. Clark saved their lives, thus both men expect Clark to want something out of it. In their minds, if someone helps you, it's because they want something out of it. Someone can't just help you, because it's the right thing to do. Problems start, when Clark returns the gifts. I can only imagine how much trouble Clark would've saved himself, if he had just kept the truck and not gone to the Luthor Mansion.

In "Prototype", they hinted that Garrett's DNA was included in Wes Keenan, as part of Project Ares. So, it's nice to see the villain of the week carry some weight, beyond his only appearance.

Liked seeing Chloe's Wall of Weird on her computer. She seems to still be using Starr-Ware Database System 5.0. (Power Girl reference), which we saw introduced in "Extinction". It listed some old characters. It's always fun to see them reference old characters.

Naturally, this is the episode where Clark learns about Lex and Lana. So, we get a lot of (unwanted) Clexana drama.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 11-20-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎