UK Views...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Views...

So what did everyone think?

Clark and Lana finally over? It sure seems like it now.

Milton Fine x4??? I didn't see that coming???!!! I really thought another character was being introduced when we saw one side of Milton Fine, but 3 others wow!!! I wonder what Fine has planned?

Staying with Milton Fine, anyone think he was brutal at the beginning of the episode? Taking one guy's protective mask off and stabbing the other guy Terminator 2 style, then burning them all....

There was things unexplained as usual like where did Lex find Simone and why didn't Lex question Clark properly about how he threw him across his room?

Also is it just me or when someone finds out Clark's secret, they somehow accidently die or move away? I can name Alisha, Pete, Flash junior and more recently Aquaman and JK. Now this episode with Simone. Maybe the people who are meant to know Clark's secret will stay in the show.

I read some posts about this episode being the worst so far in season 5? I disagree and think all the episodes so far in this season have had their moments.
    Last edited by ramjeetp; 04-24-2006, 04:08 PM.

I agree with you ramjeetp, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone in the U.S. made out ...

... though you have to figure that if we'd been waiting over a month for this the way they were, we might have been a tad disappointed too: no development on the Lionel plot, no mention of Jonathan, and LOTS of Clana.

As a devoted Clana fan, I loved all that! Kristin actually had a chance to act in this! The look on her face when she found Clark and Simone together, the way she broke down outside the barn ... like Clark said, it was a mixture of hurt and anger, and I felt Kristin balanced those two feelings extremely well.

Add Ryan to your list, ramjeetp! He did BOTH - he moved away AND died!

re: Fine ... yep, very intense opening sequence, must have chewed away at the episode's budget and forced them to come up with the 'hypnosis' part for the other 35 minutes of the show .

Think it's great that the writing team are portraying Fine as virtually unstoppable - what with the ruthless killing, super-powers, multiplicity and devious plans ... as it stands, Clark is completely outgunned by this guy (or guys... ), to say nothing of Zod. Makes for a really strong villain.

Did anyone else cheer when Clark knocked out Lois?

But Chloe whacking Martha with a rolling pin?!? UNFORGIVABLE!! Chloe, you will get your comeuppance for that!!

Weakest moment of the episode: "Clark, you're hypnotized, how else could you throw me across the room?!" Come on, we're not idiots and neither is Lex!

Best moments of the episode: the entire opening scene with Fine in Honduras, the multiplying-Fine sequence, and - yes, I know you guys will disagree with me on this! - Lana in tears (very well acted, Kristin!).
    Last edited by Krypto500; 04-24-2006, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Hey Krypto500

I agree with you that Lana in tears was very well acted. I just hope I never cause a girl that much pain and heartbreak...

It is all leading up to the season finale now with Fine having something big planned!

I thought it was really random how the creators chose Honduras to re-introduce Fine back into the show. Also Fine didn't really hide the spaceship well did he? Surely it just stands out when your flying in an airplane above it? Maybe the trees are meant to hide it lol?

I know Lex was dazed as Clark threw him across his room but surely he saw Clark struggling when Chloe put the kryptonite on him? Then when Simone got shot, Chloe hides the krytonite and Clark is back to normal lol....

I guess I can see why our friends across the pond were unhappy with the episode, but if we analyse every episode, I am sure we will be unhappy with many more....

Comment

This was basically another filler ep - without the reintroduction of Fine - this would have been a pointless story.
        Though what a reintroduction - it was like something out of Breakout - what will Fine do with the toxic blood???

Guessing that since we saw the ship create more Fine's that this is how he came back to begin with - does this mean he's improved on the "original" Fine???
        I loved how he used Lex obsession with Aliens to start a partnership with him!

About time Clark and Lana split up - I for one hope it lasts, like Clark himself says “I either had to break up with Lana - or tell her my secret."

Another victim of the "Curse of Clark's Secret" - things don't look good for Chloe!!!

Worst line not only of the season, but all of Smallville; Lex - "Clark you MUST be hypnotized, how else could you throw me across the room?!"
        Lex has been on Clark's radar for a while now, the reason he sent Simone in the first place, and even asked Fine if he found any "Alien" activity!!!

He knows something’s going on, so why has no one told him, or figured it out himself - seems he's about the only one who doesn’t know!
        Ah well he and Lana will be happily miserable together!!!

Overall it was an average ep - but at least there does seem to be some sort of story arc devolving now.

P.S. Just remembered I forgot to mention Chloe’s understatement of the century; "We've all had the muti personality thing at one time or another, it's like a right of passage!"
        Ironic in the fact she's the only ones who it's not really happened to.

I say not really because you could count the time when she became a FOTW and could make people tell the truth - but she wasn't really under another persons influence.
        Last edited by psycosis; 04-25-2006, 06:18 AM.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the whole Clark and Simone yuck but apart from that I really enjoyed it. It really has whet my appetite for the rest of the season.

Comment

i would shave to be honest with this episode and say it was really dissappointing. how many more times are clark and lana going to "break up" and then get back together again. theres only so much more i can take of that repeated story line.

To me, it seemed more of a stocking filler episode. i wanted to see more of the Martha and lionel story line personally. i think that has some good potential in it.

the only other point id like to make is some of the scripts in this weeks episode. how stupid is lex when he says clarke threw him across the room cos he was hypnotised. duh!!

id rate this episode as 3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ramjeetp
              Then when Simone got shot, Chloe hides the krytonite and Clark is back to normal lol....
              Did anyone else notice how Chloe just, sort of, ROLLED the kryptonite down the corridor?!?

So Lex is walking down that corridor the next day, trips on a 'meteor rock' and nearly breaks his neck, and then says, "Ooh, I wonder how THAT got there!"

Hi psycosis!

Originally posted by psycosis
              This was basically another filler ep - without the reintroduction of Fine - this would have been a pointless story.
              I get why people feel that way, but like you say it tied up the Clana thread (or SEEMED to ...). Given how much screen time that's taken up over the years, I kind of felt that made this stand out as fillers go. It showed Clark demonstrating the kind of selflessness and sacrifice that we know Superman will later demonstrate.

I say not really because you could count the time when [Chloe] became a FOTW and could make people tell the truth - but she wasn't really under another persons influence.
              There's also her 'badass' phase in "Exodus" at the end of S2, when she decides to go 'evil' and join forces with Lionel to get revenge on Clark.

The wicked hairstyle, the dark clothing, the mascara, the "mwa-ha-ha!" expression, the treacherous smile! Loved that ... Too bad it only lasted about 10 minutes before she got cold feet.

Know that most people have tried to repress this memory, but there's also "Spell" - the one where Lana, Lois and Chloe are possessed by witches and dance with topless Clark to Gwen Stefani? Oh, the nostalgia ...
              Last edited by Krypto500; 04-25-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto500
                Did anyone else notice how Chloe just, sort of, ROLLED the kryptonite down the corridor?!?

So Lex is walking down that corridor the next day, trips on a 'meteor rock' and nearly breaks his neck, and then says, "Ooh, I wonder how THAT got there!"
                That part was quite funny - Lex definitely seemed to notice something was going on as well - lets hope he gets a brain implant in time!!!

Originally posted by Krypto500
                Hi psycosis!

I get why people feel that way, but like you say it tied up the Clana thread (or SEEMED to ...). Given how much screen time that's taken up over the years, I kind of felt that made this stand out as fillers go. It showed Clark demonstrating the kind of selflessness and sacrifice that we know Superman will later demonstrate.
                When you put it like that - it does sound a lot more potent, I just wish it hadn't taken so bloody long to finally go somewhere with they're "will they, won't they" so called relationship.
                (Please for the love of god - let this be the end of Clana)

But it is good to see Clark making difficult choices and acting a lot more like an adult.

Comment

I don't see how Clark and Lana will get back together now. I will not be happy if they somehow do, simply because it looks for certain now.

Slightly off topic but I was watching Spiderman 2 again recently and Clana relationship was very similar to Peter Parker and MJ's in that. Peter eventually made a choice to only be Spidey and leave MJ alone but as that was a film, it worked out well for them and is leading up nicely for the 3rd film.

Comment

I thought this eppy was quite good.It wasn't breathtaking,but it was a good episode.Everytime Fine did that thing with his hands I thought back to terminator 2 lol.

I for one DON'T want to see more Lionel and Martha.It creeps me out.

I was wondering about that myself.When Chloe threw it down there it looked like she was bowling lol.

Comment

Slightly off topic but I was watching Spiderman 2 again recently and Clana relationship was very similar to Peter Parker and MJ's ...
                      Hi ramjeetp - not off topic at all, in fact I think it's a really relevant comparison.

Bizarre thing is, Gough & Millar don't seem to want to learn any lessons from it. Part of what made Spider-Man 2 brilliant was MJ learning Peter's secret.

Know it's different for 'Smallville' (what with Clark being an alien rather than victim of an arachnid bite), but I think the outcome would be the same if the writing team were to do the same thing on 'Smallville': Lana could grow as a character, the relationship between her and Clark could develop, all of the "secrets & lies" garbage could stop ...

No one's mentioned much about the Lex-investigating-Clark part of "Hypnotic" - any thoughts on this?

I thought it kind of brought the Clark-Lex dynamic forward, in that it showed Lex actively trying to discover Clark's abilities. Lex investigated the car crash for years, and already has medical records of the Kents, but this (as far as I can recall) is the first time he's pursued Clark specifically rather than just an incident or phenomenon which Clark was connected to.

Not sure if it drives them any further apart, but it re-establishes the level of intense suspicion that Lex has about Clark, and the measures he's now taking to uncover the truth. Sort of makes him more dangerous if he's clearly that determined - what does anyone else think?

It doesn't make him EVIL (much as I hoped he would be by now... ), but at least emphasises his twisted, devious nature.

Comment

Hey Krypto500

I have been brought up to think lying is wrong and even though I won't ever have a secret like Clark's, he shouldn't lie to his loved ones. Why has Clark always thought Lana won't accept him?

Good point about Lex's investigation. I wonder why Simone never told Lex the truth about her findings about Clark? Didn't she trust Lex or was she holding out for more money or wanted more from Clark?

I think in every season Lex has become more devious and becoming more evil. He hid the spaceship and tried to convince Lana that she imagined it. Then told her about it, only to try get closer to her. He was kinda responisble for Lana's death in Reckoning. He ordered Griff (was it) to do whatever it takes to get him the senator seat in Lexmas? Now in Hypnotic, hiring Simone. Not to forget his Luthercorp strange activities such as Cyborg.

Where did she get that gem on her necklace? I know it won't be re-introduced but meteor rock related?
                        Last edited by ramjeetp; 04-26-2006, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Hi ramjeetp - hope this answers your questions

Why has Clark always thought Lana won't accept him?
                          I've always assumed that it's a mix of Clark not fully trusting Lana, and worrying that if he did tell her she would blame him for her parent’s death.
                          (He feels responsible for the meteor shower)

I wonder why Simone never told Lex the truth about her findings about Clark?
                          It seemed to me she wanted Lex dead because he had something on her that would put her in jail.
                          (Though why this worried her since she could use the gem to convice the police otherwise - was never truely explained)

Where did she get that gem on her necklace? I know it won't be re-introduced but meteor rock related?
                          Chloe told us it originally belonged to her dad who was of course known as a great hypnotist, she managed to kill him - making it look like suicide, and stole the gem for her own use.
                          I don't think it was meteor rock related since it had no ill effect on him, it just made him follow her commands.

Comment

Hey psycosis thanks very much, I wasn't expecting the answers so soon but yours were great and very informative!!!

Comment

P.S. Just remembered I forgot to mention Chloe’s understatement of the century; "We've all had the muti personality thing at one time or another, it's like a right of passage!"
                              Ironic in the fact she's the only ones who it's not really happened to.
                              What about the time Chloe became a cheerleader? That was pretty much a split-personality series of events....and very funny it was too.

Well what can i say about 'Hypnotic' that hasn't already been said? Not much as it goes.

First thing, i thought this was gonna be one of the 'greats' episode-wise with the re-introduction of Fine. Then it veered off course, came back on track, then veered off etc. etc. until by the end i relegated it on to the 'average pile'. Not even 4 Fine's could save it.

I thought those scenes with Simone and Clark at the beginning were scorching hot!!!! Talk about raising temperatures.....no stunt butt needed for this one

In direct contrast, gotta agree with everyone that the Lana crying scene was heart-wrenching.....and here i was under the impression that i couldn't give a stuff what happened to Clana

I have couple of theories i'd like to introduce: Simone didn't let Lex know about Clark because she was going to keep him all to her self and put him to work for her, no sharing

Also, was the gem mystical like the whole witch-thing or was it a teeny-tiny bit of Red-K? We didn't see Clark's eyes flash so it was probably mystical.....what a cop out!!!

My favourite bit of the episode was Clark knocking Lois out with a tap.....and that thong

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎