No announcement yet.

Actual Love Between Lex and Lionel?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Love Between Lex and Lionel?

I saw the way Lex looked at Lionel and said: Anything that would hurt you would hurt LuthorCorp.

Was there something else in his eyes? Maby care or love?

I mean they have the same blood, so there has to be something between them?

Discus..

I think that Lionel loves Lex deep inside right now, and he's trying to keep Clark's secret from him because he knows that if Lex knows, it will make him so power-hungry he'll want to devour the entire world. Maybe Lionel has stopped fighting his own power-hungry motivations, but he doesn't want Lex to ever stop fighting. Maybe he wants more for his son than what he's become.

As for Lex loving Lionel, I think he still does love him, but that love is really diminishing this season more than any other. Any season before this one, Lex would've probably said, "Dad, whatever our differences, I still care about you, and I want to help you. What's going on?" This season, he merely said the thing about losing profits for Luthor Corp. Deep down, though, I think he did care about his dad, but a lot less than he would've in the past.

I think Lex is reaching his breaking point, and unless Lionel takes Martha's advice (MARTHA: HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF JUST TALKING TO HIM? FATHER TO SON?), then their relationship will continue on its downward spiral until only one Luthor is left standing. And we all know which Luthor that is destined to be.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorRequiem2
      I think that Lionel loves Lex deep inside right now, and he's trying to keep Clark's secret from him because he knows that if Lex knows, it will make him so power-hungry he'll want to devour the entire world. Maybe Lionel has stopped fighting his own power-hungry motivations, but he doesn't want Lex to ever stop fighting. Maybe he wants more for his son than what he's become.

As for Lex loving Lionel, I think he still does love him, but that love is really diminishing this season more than any other. Any season before this one, Lex would've probably said, "Dad, whatever our differences, I still care about you, and I want to help you. What's going on?" This season, he merely said the thing about losing profits for Luthor Corp. Deep down, though, I think he did care about his dad, but a lot less than he would've in the past.

I think Lex is reaching his breaking point, and unless Lionel takes Martha's advice (MARTHA: HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF JUST TALKING TO HIM? FATHER TO SON?), then their relationship will continue on its downward spiral until only one Luthor is left standing. And we all know which Luthor that is destined to be.
      Yes. But i dont think Lex is capable to kill Lionel since he knows what Lionel did to his parents. But youll never know what power could do to people :/

I dont think that Lionel is making a favour to Clark by hiding hes secret, opposit way, hes gonna try to controll him or something like. I mean, he knows that hes woulnerable to kryptonite.

Or he is simply Jor-el. :/

Makes you wonder, time will tell.

Comment

i don't think that there will ever be love between lex and lionel.

I thought maybe there'd be a breakthrough in their relationship when lex revealed his mum killed julian rather than him, and lionel felt really bad about it, but the writers chose to keep this feud ongoing. For as long as the clark & lana drama has been going on, so has the lex & lionel one, but no-one seemed to get angry about that?

it IS more intesting though, and is a less important storyline.......but anyways, with lex putting lionel in prison and taking over luthorcorp then lionel being released, trying to take it back...lionel backing the kent senator campaign.....the constant back and forth which has been going on since the start but getting worse now, and lets not forget the fact that lionel tried to have lex killed.....

no i think they have gone too far and will never make it back.
        Lionel's new "son" is clark, and lex is left in the shadow's again and is probably trying to recreate the sort of love he has missed out on with lana, or he has truly truned and is using her....

either way lex & lionel are at best, civil with one another.

Comment

There is love between Lex and Lionel. Its just that it's so awkward that it's not easily recognizable. Like when Lionel tries to retake Luthorcorp through Apex to teach Lex a lesson? It's Lionels own warped way of practicing tough love. They never really express it to each other like your typical family, but they do feel that way.

Comment

"it IS more interesting though, and is a less important storyline..."

I think the producers may want us to believe the Clana storyline is more important, because they give us so much of it, but I truly think the Lionel/Lex storlyine is SOOOOO much more important. It's an epic battle, and it truly enforces Lex's character development, his descent into the dark side.

I agree, Lex and Lionel have gone too far and will never return....they will always be enemies.

Now, while we're on the Lionel topic, does anyone think he was responsible for the girl's mother's death in "Vengeance" or was it an accident? I just have to know what others think because if he was responsible, then that means he truly is still evil.
            Last edited by LuthorRequiem2; 05-01-2006, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Oh, I have no doubt Lionel was responsible for the girl's mother's death in 'Vengeance'. We're talking about the man who orchestrated his own parent' deaths and tried to murder his own son. Lionel is 100% evil. He sold his soul long ago, before Lex was even born. What Lionel may think is "love" for Lex or anyone is merely a desire to possess and control. People are just objects to him to own and manipulate and dispose of when they are no longer of value to him.

The 'Jor-el' presence may "care" about Clark, but I believe the Lionel aspect simply wants to manipulate Clark for his own purposes. Just like Lionel pointed out to Clark in 'Transference', a wise person keeps such power a secret so only they can have it.

As for Lex, I'm sure there's some deep part of him that still loves Lionel and will always regret Lionel's lack of affection. But after someone tries to kill you, it's a little hard to hold out hope. Even if he forever loves Lionel he could never trust him. And if this show has empasized anything it's that no relationship can last without trust as a foundation.

Comment

euterpe,

Good points you bring up. I agree to some extent that you may be correct in your assumptions about Lionel still being evil and being behind Andrea's mom's death...but what's frustrating me is they seem to be ignoring it, as though it never happened. Clark never mentioned it to his mom, and now they think Lionel's on their side. But is he?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎