Mercy ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MediaWeek and the Programming Insider columnist, (the source of Kryptonsite's ratings) did not have full Fast National ratings before they went on hiatus. The numbers they did report were 3.1 or same as the week before.

Zap2it had their usual overnights and gave SV a rating of 2.8 versus last weeks (which is the lowest rating this season) 2.6.

For reference That 70's Show beat SV 2.8 vs 2.6 on the 20th They have been trading places lately. Everybody Hates Chris has been doing about the same as the first half hour of SV.

Remember that SV gets two ratings, (for each half hour) which are averaged together. This season the 2nd half hour ratings are always about 0.3 higher than the first half hour. It appears that 300,000 (plus or minus) households that were watching Everbody Hates Chris tune into the second half of SV instead of Love, Inc. Or maybe the viewers who want to watch Supernatural tune in a little early. Lately there is a 90 percent continuation from SV to Supernatural!

The good news is it appears that the ratings have quit dropping and may have bottomed out.

The bad news is they have dropped to the lowest they have ever been. That's true for the Adults 18-49 category also.

And Yes, unfortunately, SV has lost over 30 percent (1.5 million) of its viewers from the first half (before Reckoning) of this season.
    Last edited by Small2; 04-24-2006, 11:24 PM.

Comment

86 The O.C. FOX 4.33
      87 Bailando por un Sueno Sun UNI 4.15
      88 Gilmore Girls WB 4.13
      89 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: After the Storm ABC 4.12
      90 WWE Smackdown! UPN 4.06
      91 Smallville WB 3.94
      Wow! That is lowest rating since "Onyx".

Comment

Originally posted by birdman
        Wow! That is lowest rating since "Onyx".
        Nothing like those Lexana kisses to boost the numbers, downward.

Comment

SV is still trying to recover from Reckoning.

Comment

I'm hoping that if Smallville makes it to CW, that they aren't put on some crappy day/hour where they'll get killed. I think Thursdays are pretty good. I just can't stand the fact that no matter what they do, they just can't get those ratings they used to get in the 1st few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by pags3223
              I think it will forever stay below CBS, NBC, and ABC, and stay even with or go above FOX (it's been trading back-and-forth all year with That 70's Show, which is not returning next year). It will also depend on what companion show the CW puts next to it.
              What is this CW everyone is talking about? Is season 6 not going to be on WB?

Comment

No it won't be. As of the this fall's TV season, there will no longer be a WB. I'm concerned that they will screw up the only 2 non-sports shows I watch (Smallville & Supernatural). If they do renew these shows, then they should announce the night/time that each will be on so that ratings are not lost as a result of people not knowing.

Comment

xrayvision

While the jury may still be out on SV, (it may have run out of gas), I'd say it looks good for Supernatural. If SV does make it to a sixth season, chances are good it will be shown just before Supernatural, as is happening now.

Comment

Well, out of the 2, I'm more into Smallville since I've been watching it much longer. It will be a damn shame if it ends on such unfinished terms. I guess there are no other channels that can pick it up (unless Fox wants to do it). I know NBC can use a show like Smallville, but the chances of that happening are way out there. I'm going to miss posting here if S5 turns out to be the last (I guess certain parts of the site will remain, like the Fanfic, etc so I don't know).
                    Last edited by xrayvision; 04-26-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I just found this:

Does this make it official that Smallville will be coming back for a 6th season on the CW channel? I think my father also heard somewhere that it's coming back. I hope recent ratings don't change things.

Comment

Unfortunately No, that reference does not make anything official. That was simply the thinking at the time the formation of CW was annouced. (Notice the Jan. date of the article?)

The CW has not officially annouced anything about Smallville, or a number of the WB or UPN shows that will be carried for the 2006/07 season.

Official announcements are normally done in May.

There have been a number of guesses, etc., with the most "official" being an LA Times article where SV was mentioned as being given a sixth season.

If SV's ratings in Jan. had held there would be no concerns. Unfortunately, that is not what has happened. The question for CW, which is being mandated to show a profit from the get go, is can they make money with another season of SV? You have to remember that both UPN and the WB have never shown a profit, and have lost $billions.

Since SV has been the most costly show for the WB to produce, they already have enough shows for syndication, and from the viewers perspective, the show may have run out of gas, (i.e., the viewership for a sixth season will continue to decline) at this point in time it does not appear to be an easy answer.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎