Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam's powers - Will they ever be developed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam's powers - Will they ever be developed?

One of the things that has kept me watching is the anticipation of Sam's powers being further developed. We were shown that he is able to have more than just visions, when he moved the bookcase through telekenesis. However, since then, there has not been one mention of it, or anymore displays of Sam's power. I am hoping that in the final few episodes, we are given a new development with this, or it is at least looked into more next season.

Actually, they've been surprisingly consistent with Sam's powers. So far, he's only had visions about people or places connected to himself. (Jess. Dean. Their old house. He had visions of Max because of their connection through the demon.) And the only time he used TK was when Dean's life was in immediate, "he's gonna die if I don't get out of this closet!" danger.

I must admit, I like that Sam's powers aren't something he can just use whenever. They are completely out of his control, and don't always appear just because they would be handy in a particular situation. (Like being locked in the Benders' cage.) But I am interested in learning more about them.

Comment

I don't think they'll deal too much more with Sam's powers this season - hopefully that's something they'll develop slowly over the next couple season.

Going back to the Nightmare episode .... I have this theory that Sam will only be able to use telekinetic powers when he has a premonition of something happening. For some reason I just can't ever see him being able to bend spoons on a whim. I think that power is too closely related to his visions.

It'd make things way too easy for Dean and Sam if Sam can move anything and everything with the power of his mind at any time, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
        Actually, they've been surprisingly consistent with Sam's powers. So far, he's only had visions about people or places connected to himself. (Jess. Dean. Their old house. He had visions of Max because of their connection through the demon.) And the only time he used TK was when Dean's life was in immediate, "he's gonna die if I don't get out of this closet!" danger.

I must admit, I like that Sam's powers aren't something he can just use whenever. They are completely out of his control, and don't always appear just because they would be handy in a particular situation. (Like being locked in the Benders' cage.) But I am interested in learning more about them.
        Danny,

I wasn't saying that there has been no consistency. Up until the incident with the bookcase, they steadily developed Sam's abilities through out the season. I am just saying that ever since he used telekenesis on the bookshelf, there really hasn't been any further developments in that area. It is like it came to a dead halt. It would have been cool to see another instance of telekenesis, or for Sam to get another vision. Something. But there hasn't been anything.

I am hoping they show more focus on it in the last few episodes, or in season two.

Originally posted by ScrappyTheOwl
        I don't think they'll deal too much more with Sam's powers this season - hopefully that's something they'll develop slowly over the next couple season.

Going back to the Nightmare episode .... I have this theory that Sam will only be able to use telekinetic powers when he has a premonition of something happening. For some reason I just can't ever see him being able to bend spoons on a whim. I think that power is too closely related to his visions.

It'd make things way too easy for Dean and Sam if Sam can move anything and everything with the power of his mind at any time, right?
        Hey Jamie!

Good to see you. It has been awhile. I agree that it would make things way to easy for it to happen on a consistent basis. But I am just hoping that in really tough situations it starts to happen more.
        Last edited by vyperman7; 04-21-2006, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
          Hey Jamie!

Good to see you. It has been awhile. I agree that it would make things way to easy for it to happen on a consistent basis. But I am just hoping that in really tough situations it starts to happen more.
          Yeah, I know -- feels like forever since I've last been on Kryptonsite. Been a crazy, crazy semester and KSite has a way of keeping me occupied for long periods of time ... so I've been all avoidy :P

But yeah, I agree. I'd like to see Sam use his ability every once in a while, but only when things are really desperate (like when he saw Dean die in Nightmare).

Comment

I was wondering that as well. They haven't really been mentioned since the episode they were introduced. I hope eventually Sam can use his powers to his advantage when dealing with the baddies.

Comment

you know when they should have shown him using his powers again? Provenance. Sarah's life was in immediate danger, at the hands of Emily Dinsmore with a razor! (same actress)

Comment

His powers will definitely develop. Even though he can't control it, he knows when something is up. & it wouldn't make any sense if it doesn't develop because if not, then there's no point of making him so 'special' in the first place, right? If it wasn't for Sammy's powers, Dean's the better hunter in my opinion when comparing the two. But with Sammy's power, sometimes I think he's the better one. Especially when he knows how to work around with people to get the information they need.

Comment

They really do compliment each other, huh? Where one lacks, the other kinda fills in.

Comment

It will be interesting to see Sam develop some control over his powers and learn to use them. The problem is that he doesn't know the full extent of his powers yet. Any ideas as to how far his powers reach?

Comment

I am guessing that his powers will be up there with the Demons.

Comment

After some pondering, I'm going to bet that Sam's powers will have a lot to do with defeating the demon(s). Since the pistol is no longer an option, and the demon seems to show some real respect for Sam's powers, whatever they may be.

Comment

Ah good observation..I would guess you are probably right, and that is why the Demon wants to kill the ones like Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                            Ah good observation..I would guess you are probably right, and that is why the Demon wants to kill the ones like Sam.

Are we sure they want to kill Sam and "the kids like him"?? He said in the S1 finale that he killed their mom and Jess because "they got in the way of his plans for Sam and the other kids like him".

If he just wanted to kill Sam, he could have done it instantly back when he was just the little baby in the crib.

Comment

I think they definatly will develop and evolve more. Precognition especially- so they know where to go, what they are fighting, ect. I would like to see some empathy in the future in addition to telekinisis.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎