Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think everyone defending the similarities to the movie SAW are completely missing the point. YES, some previous episodes of smallville have had passing resemblances or even homages to movies, but never has an episode stolen the plot/imagery/dialogue as BLATANTLY as this episode. And because they really made no clear reference to saw outright, its truly plagiarism. I really hope they get sued over this because that is rediculous. For anyone who hasn't seen the movie Saw, this episode of smallville was as someone previously mentioned, the exact same movie with a different cast.

I just dont understand, with a character as deep as superman how can you have trouble coming up with stories... why resort to this kind of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLando
      I think everyone defending the similarities to the movie SAW are completely missing the point. YES, some previous episodes of smallville have had passing resemblances or even homages to movies, but never has an episode stolen the plot/imagery/dialogue as BLATANTLY as this episode. And because they really made no clear reference to saw outright, its truly plagiarism. I really hope they get sued over this because that is rediculous. For anyone who hasn't seen the movie Saw, this episode of smallville was as someone previously mentioned, the exact same movie with a different cast.

I just dont understand, with a character as deep as superman how can you have trouble coming up with stories... why resort to this kind of garbage.
      I agree 100%. I made a seperate post almost identical to this. Haha... I don't think it would harm Smallville in the slightest to get rid of it's writers and find new ones. I'm fairly convinced I could step in and do a better job not only creating a flowing story line, consistant plot, and balanced character development, but also maintaining some originality in the process.

Comment

Omg I said the same exact thing in ym own tread before I realized that there already was a topic.

Comment

I could care less that they ripped off saw. This ep kicked major butt. I mean did you see Lionel this ep? He was the man!

Comment

Lionel is the best written character on this show, and this episode only helped to prove that.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              Lionel is the best written character on this show, and this episode only helped to prove that.

Word.

Comment

I really liked Lionel and Martha's character development and interaction, but I think the plot sucked.

Comment

The most original character. I love that b@st@rd.

Comment

Some one had a good point... A lot of good ideas are altered versions from a previus idea.. For ex: the 100th episode could kind of go hand in hand w/ Final Destination, cept they altered that he actually lived thru that, yet went back in time.. etc. etc., think of movies too.. they use past movies as well, for ex: The Longest Yard was a re-write... from a previous one, The lated Herby movie goes along some sorts and ideas of previous Herbie movies, etc. etc.
                    those are just examples..
                    I don't see why the thought of it being a rip-off is a justifiable reason to hate the show.. it was a good episode, I liked when Clark saved both Martha & Lionel, and Lionel saw what Clark could do, making it more intersting to see what happens in the next few episodes...

Comment

not to be completely naive but wasnt the joker and the riddler off of batman doing weird stuff like this way before Saw even came out?! I mean DC poularized torture games from an evil villian in comic books. Tons of them are in teen titans and batman. If anything, saw is a rip-off of the joker!

Comment

Isn't just about all shows and movies spin offs or different versions of older movies and shows. Saw wasn't the first show that had have someone does things to prevent something. Die Hard With a Vengeance had Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson solving puzzles to stop bombs. I am sure if you look at other movies you will find one even closer to the movie Saw.

Comment

I think saw is in a different class than the Joker. a bit more maniacal. The Joker's just a homicial loony who's really good at his job!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleFanBlue
                            Some one had a good point... A lot of good ideas are altered versions from a previus idea.. For ex: the 100th episode could kind of go hand in hand w/ Final Destination, cept they altered that he actually lived thru that, yet went back in time.. etc. etc., think of movies too.. they use past movies as well, for ex: The Longest Yard was a re-write... from a previous one, The lated Herby movie goes along some sorts and ideas of previous Herbie movies, etc. etc.
                            those are just examples..
                            I don't see why the thought of it being a rip-off is a justifiable reason to hate the show.
                            Actually this is a good reason to hate any show. It demonstrates an utter lack of respect as well as contempt for it's viewers. What it says to me is you aren't worth me wasting my own ideas on you when I can just steal them from someone else.

Comment

I think Flatliners was on the same night as Void - I remember watching it shortly after. Also, wasn't Forever much like House of Wax, which was being advertised at the same time? This episode was like Saw, and I knew it would be going into it from the previews. The scene with Lionel in the room of fire with the monitor watching how the previous "gamer" met his demise, the burned corpse..the game. The means and the outcome. In Saw 1 Amanda beat the game just like (well ok sans Clark!) Mionel did. But it didn't bother me, I still loved this episode, muchly! It resolved alot of questions, great acting all around, and nice cliff hanger at the end.

Comment

IT WAS WAS WAS WAS SAW SAW SAW SAW SAW all over this episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎