X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by finchy4
    11. 5-13 Vengeance- Sure reminded me of a female Batman

12. 5-17 Void- totally Flatliners with kryptonite

13. 5-19 Mercy- SAW, SAW, SAW

so as you can see, and i don't know if there's another post on this, but this is nothing new in smallville. every writer should be fired, and replaced with new blood. even though i got sick of the FOTW thing of season one, at least i thought most of it was original.......

i know i missed more, you can add whatever you'd like to my list
    Actually, I have to disagree with the female batman comment on Vengeance. Andrea Rojos is an actual character in the DC Universe, known in her crime fighting guise as "Acrata", the name of her mother's rebel group.

Comment

I can't stand how they have to do these rip-offs. I was watching Insurgence last night and it got that nostalgic feel of those old episodes where they didn't have to rip off anything. Most of this season hasn't been rip-offs, but lately we have otherwise good episodes (Void, Mercy) that ripped off movies. They could have changed things around to avoid this. I never saw Saw or Flatliners but did see Saw commercials so I know how similar Mercy was to it. I can't comment on Void, but I really did like that episode.

I'm not sure, but maybe they're trying to reach out to the fans of those movies. I just hope they're not alienating their faithful viewers.

Comment

Well television and movies are all about imitation. There are only so many good original ideas out there, and apparently it seems like writers are finally running out of good ideas. They're turning to video games now for God's sake (Doom, Vice City, Silent HIll).

Comment

Yea when I watching it, this show was reminscent of Saw big time.

Oh well at least they didn't go overboard and make the entire episode like the movie.

Comment

The Saw movies didnt have Clark and Mercy did

Comment

Steve DeKnight, the writer of Mercy, posted this on his thread right here on K-Site 2 days ago (yes, he is a new member, like us, of K-Site).

"Some of you have accused us of ripping off Saw. I prefer to think of it as an homage – ah, forget it. You know the score. Actually we were planning on homage-ing Cube too, but couldn’t build a new set because of Fragile. The young actress could only work a limited amount of hours, so they had to bounce around the other sets more than usual to accommodate her. Because of this, we never had enough time one stage to build our Mercy set before we started shooting. Instead we reused the safe room set from Lockdown, then went to an actual location for the other stuff."

This is an archive for Smallville spoiler discussions throughout the course of the series. Since there are no more new episodes, thread creation is no longer enabled... please take new discussions to General Discussion or individual episode sections.

What more do we need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
                Really? I didn't see Dr, Phil anywhere.

haha thats so true. that would be funny.
                i could see it now

Dr. Phil: So Lionel you have to be more loving towards your real son before you can be a surrogate father to Clark
                Lionel: you may have a point there...
                Lex: OH COME ON!
                Dr. Phil: now, now. I know that your father's doings rubbed off on you over all these years Lex. you have to be your own man and not follow in your father's footsteps.
                Clark: *scoffing to himself*
                Dr. Phil: And Clark, you have to try to be more understanding and accepting of Lex and Lionel. They have been through much anguish to be where they are and who they are. i think they just ultimately want what's best for you.
                Clark:....God i cant believe i got suckered into this...freaking psychology class with Dr. Phil....thought it would be great but hell no.....i should have taken Cooking class instead.

Comment

That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by t.ko

haha thats so true. that would be funny.
                    i could see it now

Dr. Phil: So Lionel you have to be more loving towards your real son before you can be a surrogate father to Clark
                    Lionel: you may have a point there...
                    Lex: OH COME ON!
                    Dr. Phil: now, now. I know that your father's doings rubbed off on you over all these years Lex. you have to be your own man and not follow in your father's footsteps.
                    Clark: *scoffing to himself*
                    Dr. Phil: And Clark, you have to try to be more understanding and accepting of Lex and Lionel. They have been through much anguish to be where they are and who they are. i think they just ultimately want what's best for you.
                    Clark:....God i cant believe i got suckered into this...freaking psychology class with Dr. Phil....thought it would be great but hell no.....i should have taken Cooking class instead.
                    and Imagine Lex playing chess with Dr. Phil:
                    Lex: Checkmate! Ha! I win!
                    Dr.Phil: Lex, I do believe you are an aggressive individual. (Lex locks Dr. P in the cellar)

Comment

smallville has had episodes with plots simular to movies and other shows but that is the business once one idea comes out many people try to use it and every time its effects are different some are good and some are bad. I thought the episode was pretty good never saw the saw movies but know of them and yes it was simular to the movies concept but was different.

Comment

SAW I mean smallville

I particuallrily ( Spelling?) Did not like last night's episode. It was unorigional and kinda dull. everymoment reminded me of the SAW movies. The only scene I liked was the final Clark Lionel Secret conversation.

Comment

I liked it too it was a very cool ending

Comment

I liked it but i liked saw and saw 2 they both ^^ prob didnt see it.

Comment

Sorry Amy I thought this was interesting. But I assume this would ruin Saw for me but I never saw it myself(hate horror/slasher/extremely gorey movies).

Comment

Smallville writers need a kick to the face

I'm not talking about the stop & go story line, or out-of-left-field plots, I'm talking about a complete lack of originality. I wasn't too impressed with Smallville writers before this week, but after seeing Saw 3 in place of what should have been smallville I am about as eager to see what happens for the rest of the season as I am to find out if Smallville gets their asses sued. Most blatent and obvious rip off of a movie I've ever seen in my life.

My bad, I just saw that there was already a topic about this. I did skim over the list to see if there was but I missed it the first time.
                                Last edited by Sayzak; 04-21-2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎