No announcement yet.

Saw???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
    Neither have I, but they obviously borrowed the idea.
    I don't think they were directly borrowing the idea of Saw, but the idea of Scary Movie 4, which I think they were not ripping off, but only trying to help promote.

Comment

first 'Void' is a ripoff of that movie Flatliners, now 'Mercy' is a complete freakin ripoff of Saw!

i enjoyed the episode but it was ruined by lack of originality once again....boo.

Comment

This Saw thing bothered me. I wished they would have instead done a voice distortion thing like they did with Lex's Mr. Green persona in Insurgence.

Comment

You guys are missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleFanBlue
            I don't think they were directly borrowing the idea of Saw, but the idea of Scary Movie 4, which I think they were not ripping off, but only trying to help promote.
            Really? I didn't see Dr, Phil anywhere.

Comment

THESE WRITERS NEED TO BE REPLACED. ANY ONE OF THE FANS ON KRYPTONSITE COULD HAVE TOLD THEM THE PLOT DEVICES AND "SAW" RIP-OFF WAS A BAD IDEA. IT HARCKS OF SLOPPY WRITING AND NO RESPECT FOR THE FANS.

Comment

Really, you don't need to shout!

Comment

omg!! do you want to play a game!!! hi and then u have almost that bathroom scence but instead of the toilets u had the buckets...lol at first i thought this was gonna blow but it ties in with lionel always playin mind games wit other people. i think they protrayed this epi very well whether it was a rip off from saw, i would rather watch this show then saw lol

Comment

guys i got a soulution to all our problems! just pretend that saw copied this episode

Comment

Or.. you could consider that it's just a promotion of Scary Movie 4, just like how it seemed the back-in-time Clark episode for Final Destination 3, and also the Episode, Lois gets a new car.. Ford Fusion and it's promoted as well.. maybe it all goes hand in hand, advertising makes $$$, someone has to make the bills..

Comment

As much as I disliked the idea of ripping off of the movie "Saw" I did end up liking the episode. However, I don't know what you people are doing in just realizing that the writers of this show are completely unoriginal and quite frankly....suck. here are numerous examples of "rip-offs" before this episode.....

1. 3-13 Velocity- heralded as the Fast and the Furious with kryptonite episdoe

2. 3-14 Obsession- came to be known as the Swimfan knock off

3. 4-2 Gone- the bad guy Lionel has in his back pocket sure reminded me of the evil terminator in terminator II. even the way he's killed is reminiscent of one of the greatest sequels of all time.

4. 4-6 Transferrence- how many times has this been done? maybe every decade since film came to be (although it was excellent)

5. 4-8 Spell- i didn't know they played 2 crappy episodes of the WB's Charmed in one week....

6. 4-15 Sacred- did we really need Crouching Tiger Hidden Lana?

7. 4-17 Onyx- "alexander" becomes the man behind the iron mask

8. 4-18 Spirit- anyone seen Fallen?

9. 5-5 Thirst- Terrible episode, buffy, blade, so many others.....

10. 5-9 Lexmas- It's a Wonderful Life in Smallville

11. 5-13 Vengeance- Sure reminded me of a female Batman

12. 5-17 Void- totally Flatliners with kryptonite

13. 5-19 Mercy- SAW, SAW, SAW

so as you can see, and i don't know if there's another post on this, but this is nothing new in smallville. every writer should be fired, and replaced with new blood. even though i got sick of the FOTW thing of season one, at least i thought most of it was original.......

i know i missed more, you can add whatever you'd like to my list

Comment

I've never seen Saw, so I didn't pick up on the similarities, but the episode did remind me a bit of Nip/Tuck. Masked face, distorted voice, injection for the victim....I didn't mind the similarites, and didn't think of it as a rip, but I couldn't help but think of the Carver. Regardless, this was an excellent episode. If it takes a little "borrowing" (not stealing, just creative inspiration) to create such greatness, I'm all for it!

Comment

They got the Saw movies and said "ok, let's replace all those people with our Smallvile cast."

Comment

To those who haven't seen saw they didn't just rip a few minor things from it, they took the whole concept of the movie. The killer in saw did the same exact thigns with the tv screens, masks, voices and said "would you like to play a game..." he seemed to know everything about them and a quote from smallville I almost gaurentee the killer said "you dont know me, but I definitly know you." The killer did it to the people because they were treating others badly or taking their life for granted. Also the games mimiced the bad things the person did to people in real life, and the monologues before each killing was the exact same format as the saw killings.

Comment

Re: Saw???

Originally posted by SmallvilleFanBlue
                                Didn't the opening scenes remind you of "Saw"??
                                LOL.. I'd like to play a little game..
                                Yes it did.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎