No announcement yet.

Saw???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking it's Dr. Fine also.

But as for borrowing ideas from Saw and going another way, I dont mind that. We do that all the time with fan fic of Smallville. What I do mind is when they try to reproduce the (almost same) story of Saw on Smallville.

That's the feeling I'm getting so far with 30 minutes done.

Comment

SAW I & II were both entertaining flicks.

And Sville has ripped off or "made an homage" as DeKnight would say, many other flicks i.e. T2, House of Wax and on and on

Comment

w/ numerous movies and numerous tv shows..
        something is bound to happen again in a similar way..

Comment

Saw was the first thing that came to mind when i first seen the promo last week. what the writers running out of stories?

Comment

For all the people who think it's a rip-off...
            Than you guys must also think movies like..
            "Date Movie" "Not another Teen Movie" and the Scary Movies, 1,2,3, & 4 are all rip-offs too..
            and in my opinion, they were all good movies..

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleFanBlue
              For all the people who think it's a rip-off...
              Than you guys must also think movies like..
              "Date Movie" "Not another Teen Movie" and the Scary Movies, 1,2,3, & 4 are all rip-offs too..
              and in my opinion, they were all good movies..
              The movies you quoted were spoofs. They were made to make fun of those movies.

This episode was 100% rip off from Saw. I mean the mask, the "game"...etc I swear the writers took some lines out of the movies.

I think its sad that the writers cannot be more creative. Oh well..

Comment

no wonder they got sewed. haha. j/k. but, i didn't like the opening part, i can't really back up my reasoning, it just wasn't a "wow" opening that im used to.

Comment

With all this SAW talk its time to see Scary Movie 4

Comment

Yeah, this episode just proves the writers of this show simply don't have an original idea of their own.

Comment

I immediately thought of "Saw" during this episode. Guess they couldn't think of anything better.

Comment

I've never seen Saw, so I wouldn't know.

Comment

My brother was watching some of it with me, and when he saw the part with the word puzzle, he just cracked up laughing. He said, "It's like Saw for third graders!" I agree, but it was still a great episode. That ending is gonna drive me nuts all week!

Comment

The whole thing was a Saw rip off. But i liked it. I just wish the person behind the mask was someone we knew!

Comment

Okay, but some of you may of picked up on recent episodes and some of the rip-off material you may see, but at the same time notice something that goes hand in hand w/ it..
                              For ex: the 100th Episode, where Clark goes back in time to try and save Lana, they were airing Final Destination 3 commercials, and now this episdoe, they were airing Scary Movie 4 episodes and they introduced a Saw-like storyline which was one of the main parts of Scary movie 4.. It's quite interesting how they line up the commercials to the tv-shows..
                              Now I know there was other instances where they had commercials that kind of went w/ that particular episode but I can't remember..
                              Yet you people are more so complaining thinking it's a rip-off, when they are maybe trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, 1) have a story line, and 2) help advertise a movie that is coming into the commercials that are probably paying for their slot in the commercials....
                              Soo, conclusion: Prolly not the last "so-called" rip-off we'll see, and that you can't necessarily call it a rip-off...
                              p.s., remember when Lois had just purchased the Ford Fusion, they had Ford Commercials in it + extra promotions of the Ford Fusion... Smart Marketing I think..

Comment

Originally posted by F-Stop Blues
                                I've never seen saw so I dont really care.
                                Neither have I, but they obviously borrowed the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎