Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All about Clark
    Lionel: I just want what's best for you and your mother,..son.
    Clark: You don't call me that. Jonathan Kent was my father.
    Lionel: I'm not trying to take his place.
    Clark: You couldn't.
    This was my favorite line of the episode. Thankfully, Jonathon is getting the respect that his character and influence deserve. Finally, Clark is standing up to Lionel and laying down the clear boundaries.

Comment

Clark: Stay away from my mother. Otherwise, you'll regret the fact that I saved you.

Something along those lines. It was nice to finally see Clark stand up to Lionel.

Comment

Lionel: BLAH BLAH Son.

Clark: Don't call me that Jonathon Kent was my father

Lionel: I am not trying to replace your father

Clark: You couldn't

Comment

Lionel: "Expose you as a strange visitor from another planet." I loved that one. It was one of the lines from the old Adventures of Superman T.V. show.

Comment

Clark to lionel: don't worry you couldnt!

man when he told him off i was like thank god, finally!

Comment

Lionel: It was you, Lex.
              Lex: What?!

Lex is accused of so many things, it's funny seeing his reaction every time.

Comment

lol i know! its nice for a change that he actually didnt do it

Comment

It isn't enough to simply give when we can...
                  Upholding the principles of Truth, Justice and The American Way isn't a matter of convenience...it's a matter of conscience
                  Another reference to superman very good

-jim

Comment

That entire conversation at the end with Clark and Lionel was AWESOME.

Lionel: I only want what's best for you and your mother, son.
                    Clark: You don't call me that. Johnathan Kent was my father.
                    Lionel: No, I'm not trying to take his place--

Oh, dis!

Clark: Secret or no secret, you stay away from my mother, or you'll wish I never saved your life.

DAMN! That's hot right there...

Comment

What was the line that Martha said to Clark about having to trust Lionel to protect Clark's secret?

Comment

Originally posted by MayaQT
                        That entire conversation at the end with Clark and Lionel was AWESOME.

Lionel: I only want what's best for you and your mother, son.
                        Clark: You don't call me that. Johnathan Kent was my father.
                        Lionel: No, I'm not trying to take his place--

Oh, dis!

Clark: Secret or no secret, you stay away from my mother, or you'll wish I never saved your life.

DAMN! That's hot right there...
                        OMG i loved that part!! I was soo happy that clark told him off!! BTW i love your avatar

Comment

Don't think anyone said this one--

"That... was... miraculous."

Comment

If you imagine lionel as a gangster saying this line: "Clark kent is just a simple farmboy" then we could perceive as a "diss" one might say.

Comment

Lionel to Clark: "to reveal your secret would...change your destiny"

Good line, and I wanna know how Lionel knows about Clark's destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by chomby
                                Lionel: "Expose you as a strange visitor from another planet." I loved that one. It was one of the lines from the old Adventures of Superman T.V. show.
                                I caught that too. That was way cool.

From Wikipedia -

Narrator Bill Kennedy intoned at the start of each program:

"Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Superman!

Yes, it's Superman - strange visitor from another planet

who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman - who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a neverending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way."

There's a bunch of them in this episode -

Lex to Lionel

"I brought you in to help run Luthor Corp again. Profits have never been higher, why would I want you dead?"

"I may not like you very much dad, but you're a valuable asset to Luthor Corp, killing you would hurt the bottom line."

Lionel to Lex

"Your concern is truly touching."

Lionel to Lincoln Cole (Masked Man)

"Who are you?"

Masked Man

"Just another one of the many faceless people your greed has destroyed."

Lionel

"That narrows it down some, doesn't it."

Lex to Lana

"Are you asking me to forget what happened? Because short of a serious blow to the head, I think it's a memory that's gonna (going to) linger for quite a while."

[For sure on that]

Lex to Lionel

"He was...toasting your demise. Didn't care if he was caught, as long as you were dead. The authorities had to sedate him when he found out you weren't."

[Would have loved to see that scene]

Lionel to Lex

"Powerful men son, we attract the occasional lunatic."

Lex to Lionel

"It wasn't insanity that drove him to that dad, it was you."

[So true]

Lionel to Lex

"We all make mistakes son."

[Yeah right]

Lex to Lionel

"And yours almost cost Martha Kent her life."

Lionel to Lex

"Well, I'm just thankful the elevator safety brakes slowed us down enough to survive the fall."

Lex to Lionel

Yeah (with more than obvious disbelief in his voice), you should be, especially since Cole had disabled them."

Lionel to Lex

Laughing, "That's enough to make a man believe in miracles...isn't it, son?"

Lex to Lionel

"One minute he's [Clark] standing in the same room with me...and the next he's across town."

[You know, Clark has lightning legs]

Lionel to Clark

"You have no reason to believe anything I say, I realize that...but I hope eventually you will come to trust me. I only want what's best for you and your mother, son."

[If that's true, then do stay the hell away MB]

Clark to Lionel

"My mother seems to think there may be some good in you, I'm not so sure."

Lionel to Clark

"It takes time Clark, maybe you will be."

Clark to Lionel

"Or maybe you'll just show your true colors."
                                Last edited by Spindrift; 04-23-2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎