Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 2.19: Nevermind the Buttocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe, I love Kendall and her role in the whole thing.

But the episode itself was kinda meh. I'm glad that Gia was in it again, because I like her a lot. However, the main plot didn't really grab my attention. Could have been better.

Comment

After talking with a friend (a friend who I recently hooked to Veronica Mars) we came to the conclusion that the reason episodes like this one in s2 are not working as well is because they leave all of Veronica's humanity out of it. What made s1 so fantastic was that there was no way for Veronica's emotions, desires, relationships, etc. NOT to be thrown in our faces at every turn. But this episode and quite a few in s2 keep Veronica at bay. She still solves the mystery, but her connections to the other characters comes off as sorta distanced and sometimes shallow. This is why an episode like Plan B works so well... they gave us the humanity behind the characters... the fight between Mac & Beaver, the short dance between Logan & Veronica. The morale of the story is... we like our Veronica kicking butt & solving mysteries... but even more we LOVE our Veronica interacting with other characters & dealing with emotions.

BTW Aqua - LOVE the new AVI

Comment

I think I actually liked this episode more than "I Am God". Although, I still think the best so far was "Plan B".

Anyhow, I really did like this episode. At the end when they were talking about new evidence in the Lilly Kane murder case, I was so confused. Of course Aaron killed her! But then I remembered about Kendall and the weird picking of the hair from the shower. Crazy stuff!

Eep! I so excited for next week. And might I say, Kristin Bell's hair keeps getting better and better. I'm so jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
          After talking with a friend (a friend who I recently hooked to Veronica Mars) we came to the conclusion that the reason episodes like this one in s2 are not working as well is because they leave all of Veronica's humanity out of it. What made s1 so fantastic was that there was no way for Veronica's emotions, desires, relationships, etc. NOT to be thrown in our faces at every turn. But this episode and quite a few in s2 keep Veronica at bay. She still solves the mystery, but her connections to the other characters comes off as sorta distanced and sometimes shallow. This is why an episode like Plan B works so well... they gave us the humanity behind the characters... the fight between Mac & Beaver, the short dance between Logan & Veronica. The morale of the story is... we like our Veronica kicking butt & solving mysteries... but even more we LOVE our Veronica interacting with other characters & dealing with emotions.

I agree

This episode was very different from I am God and Plan B. But I like it because there's a lot of strange stuff in it to think about.

Comment

I agree with yellowqueen. While the mystery and such is great and I watch for it, but I also watch for Veronica herself: her personal life, her relationships, friends, issues. I don't want her to become a watered down detective, and I didn't realize until it was mentioned. I think I loved "I am God' so much is that it went inside Veronica's head and played on her vulnerability and guilt and such.

Thank you very much!

Comment

And the reviews begin...

Comment

I actually really liked this episode. It reminded me more of the episodes of S1, a decent motw, and further advanced the plot. That being said I still think Plan B is the best episode of S2 so far. I liked how this episode continued from that and also explained the craziness that was I am God.

I loved how we found that Kendall/Priscilla is working with the Fitzpatricks. Seems she's not so dumb after all.

I love Gia! She's very funny. Though I find it suspicious that she happens to have all these details about the crash, but only divulges them when seems necessary.

I don't really like the whole Wallace/Jackie storyline. Also what happened to her dad? He was shot a couple episodes back, and we've barely heard anything mentioned about him.

And the end? My goodness. What is the deal with the Oscar statue? It now makes sense why Kendall removed Duncan's hair from his shower. But how does the statue have Lilly's blood on it? Maybe it was actually the murder weapon. I mean I've always been suspicious of how Veronica suddenly knew what happened. What we know that happened, is Veronica's mind seeing what she assumed happened. It could've happened differently. Also, how awesome would it be if Duncan really did turn out to be the killer??

Comment

I never heard that the ashtray was the murder weapon until Veronica's story. But how do they intend to make it plausible that Duncan got his hands on Aaron's Oscar statue? Looks like good times are ahead. I see Veronica immediately trying to prove Duncan didn't do it. Even though he seems to be pretty good at evading the police, and there really not being a point. I liked this episode. Why Weevil and Veronica can't ever have the necessary conversation when she first accuses him is beyond me. I understand him playing it close to the vest. But he and Veronica aren't really seeming like the friends I was under the impression that they were at one time.

More Logan please. His few seconds in this ep were hilarious. Those two have great banter.

If I remember right Kendall was the beneficiary on the policies on Dick and Beaver correct? From Con Artist to Murderer may not be a broad jump but this murder lacks the con style but considering her present company...it does make it unbelieveable.
                  Last edited by CLARK&VERONICASBFF; 04-23-2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

roxy, I noticed the Gia thing also. And how she randomly told Veronica that her dad called her and told her not to go on the bus. But what is her reasoning behind being weird like that?

Comment

There was also a much earler episode wherein Gia tells Lamb (as seen on a post-bus-crash interview tape that Keith, uh, borrowed from the evidence locker) "daddy must have been psychic or something, he told me to be sure to not go on that bus".

Ok, so it's not a quote, but that was the gist of it

Comment

My question is...... How the hell did they figure out that was Duncans hair, unless Duncan and Logan had seperate bathrooms. I'm not sure

My favorive line Weevils' Maybelline(?) lashes cause it's true F.C. has beautiful eyes

Comment

It's the penthouse suite at a fancy expensive hotel. They are sure to have seperate bathrooms... especially since they have seperate wings of the hotel room.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎