No announcement yet.

Mac and Beaver aka Cassidy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac and Beaver aka Cassidy

After this episode I was left wondering what happened b/t Mac and Cassidy!!

What was that last thing he said to her...something like have a nice life...geez, thats harsh!

Why is it that Beaver wont get close to Mac???

I want to know too! What is going on with Beav? Is he gay???

Comment

He threw up at the prospect of having sex with V. in season 1. I dont' know. Sounds like he has dysfunctions....

Comment

Originally posted by Lobby4Chloe
        He threw up at the prospect of having sex with V. in season 1. I dont' know. Sounds like he has dysfunctions....
        Well... to be fair he gave up RAPING Veronica while she was drugged unconscious. I think we can all understand why he didn't have sex with her under those circumstances.

Comment

He said it's the part about his brother(as an excuse). Or did he mean his?

Comment

I think that yes, he DID give up raping Veronica when she was drugged, but...

I think that is because he is a good guy.

Could we all just be jumping to conclusions about "oh no his brother" or "he is afraid" when he just an old fashioned gentleman.

I seriously hope that before the season ends this matter is resolved.

Comment

The matter has definately been resolved and the relationship did not resolve itself well. Cassidy raped Veronica when she was drugged. Cassidy took all of Mac's clothes on graduation night and left her alone. Cassidy killed tons of people and then threw himself off the building.

Do you think Cassidy actually loved or cared for Mac???

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
                Do you think Cassidy actually loved or cared for Mac???
                I think he did care for her. Love might be too strong a word, but he did like and respect her. Unlike everyone else in his world, Mac took him seriously and wasn't immune to him. The way we know he cared for her is that when he could have done physical harm to her, he instead made it so she couldn't leave the room.
                Last edited by BlancheDuBois; 01-26-2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlancheDuBois
                  I think he did care for her. Love might be too strong a word, but he did like and respect her. Unlike everyone else in his world, Mac took him seriously and wasn't immune to him. The way we know he cared for her is that when he could have done physical harm to her, he instead made it so she couldn't leave the room.
                  I agree, he did feel something towards her but I doubt he was capable of love. He liked her because she didn't make him feel worthless or emasculated; well until they tried to consumate their relationship... there was some problems there.

Comment

See im confused did he sleep with Mac, cus she goes to him its ok dont worry??? so maybe he didnt! I liked his character i never saw it coming that he was the bad guy! very well played i think!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeperWell
                      I agree, he did feel something towards her but I doubt he was capable of love. He liked her because she didn't make him feel worthless or emasculated; well until they tried to consumate their relationship... there was some problems there.
                      Take a look at the thread for episode 3x14, Mars, Bars. The whole Beaver/Mac thing was discussed there.

In short, some people think they did have sex, and others think they didn't. It's a matter of perception.

Comment

I just watched "not pictured" again (it's probably my favorite episode) and I am starting to doubt my original perception about what happened between the two of them. I always thought that they didn't have sex, but now I am thinking that they did, and things just didn't work out well enough, if you get what I'm saying.

I wish they had clearly solved this.

Comment

I still think they didn't. They (read as "Mac") may have wanted to, may have tried to, but I still don't think they closed the deal.

Comment

It's really still up in the air to me. I think it is something that could be analyzed again and again and we will still never figure it out. It's kind of up to each person's opinion.

Comment

I don't know, personally, I have always been under the impression that they NEVER had sex. It seemed like Mac wanted to share that with him, but because of the ongoing consequences of his childhood molestation at the hands of Woody Goodman, psychologically he couldn't do it.

I do think that Cassidy respected Mac, and I like they way you put it, Connie-

Originally posted by BlancheDuBois
                              I think he did care for her. Love might be too strong a word, but he did like and respect her. Unlike everyone else in his world, Mac took him seriously and wasn't immune to him.
                              It seems like everyone wrote him off as Dicks off little brother (I mean even his own father wrote him and gave Dick all of his attention), but Mac actually "saw" him. I think he cared about her just for that fact alone, that she was able to treat him like a real individual. I think he would have been happy staying with Mac in a more neutral romantic way. But as any relationship goes, it's going to develop physically and I think that more than anything started to screw Cassidy up.

I mean before that he was just watching everything from the edges, no one was suspecting him, he was getting more respect, he had a girlfriend. He was in the best position because NO ONE suspected him. But I think everything started to slip as soon as his relationship with Mac started to go further because anything sexual with him is going to hit much more deeper than your average virgin anxiety. Especially because he never actually faced/dealt with his molestation, I think it made the ramifications that much more intense and twisted.

I think it's kind of funny how we don't notice things at first. Like when I rewatch S2 and nearing the end when Mac wants more from him and the heat is on him, he reveals much more of his inner self. There were a lot of times when the camera just zeros in on his face (for no reason) but I think it just flies under the radar. We don't know that we are supposed to be catching anything as far as Casidy goes so we don't pay attention. But his expressions were so tortured at times! And sometimes downright evil looking......I just noticed his expressions so much more than I did the first time watching it through. So he definitely looks like his true nature is slipping, as soon as this whole Mac relationship starts hitting to close too home.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎