This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBCorp
    Exactly!!!

And mythos episodes get the highest ratings.
    I agree with this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
      That make zero sense, casual viewers watch episodes base off of what's being promoted.

So Lana episodes just happen to always have a good episodes before it? And Lex episodes just happen to always have a bad episodes before it?

After five seasons you would think people would stop using that excuse.

What's the excuse as to why Memoria is the lowest viewed episode of season three with a 4.2 million viewership?

Was it because Truth (a Chloe episodes) was horrible also?
      Yet "Talisman", after "Memoria" got good ratings. We have talking this for two years now and you still don't get it. It's impossible to explain the reason of the ratings. We only know that good stories and Superman mythos bring ratings, that's all.

Comment

Exactly!!!

And mythos episodes get the highest ratings.
        I never disagreed with that.

Even though I thought Aqua was the worst DC character to ever grace Smallville. And to think he's going to get his own TV series over the Flash and Cyborg.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
          Although I liked all of the Lex episodes, I have to agree with Kreukie. Lana episodes do usually bring in the big ratings and good storylines with Lana mean huge ratings, hence the ratings surge during season 5. Bad storylines with Lana, Reckoning up until the present, will bring in terrible ratings. Facts are facts, and we can't argue them.
          There is a difference between episodes with Lana and episodes about Lana. Lana barely appear during the first part of this season (KK was shooting her movie). But you are right, bad stories = bad ratings.

Originally posted by Kreukie
          I never disagreed with that.

Even though I thought Aqua was the worst DC character to ever grace Smallville. And to think he's going to get his own TV series over the Flash and Cyborg.
          I blame the actor and the "EVOL" Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
            Yet "Talisman", after "Memoria" got good ratings. We have talking this for two years now and you still don't get it. It's impossible to explain the reason of the ratings. We only know that good stories and Superman mythos bring ratings, that's all.
            I don't think you can take past seasons of this show and compare it to this one. This season started out like a firecracker. Lots of new things were introduced like the fortress, Zod, Brainiac and the Clana relationship. We also see that there are more continuous storylines this year compared to most of the other seasons. When I look at this season, I see awesome ratings up until the last three episodes which just happen to be when Clana breakup and Lexana begins. You still have the Lionel and Brainiac storylines as well, so if you like those storylines, you're going to watch every episode to see what happens. The problem is that a lot of people gave up on the show once they realized that Lana wasn't going to learn the secret and that she was going to go to Lex. You can't flash the slogan, "Everything you've waited to see, will happen" on the screen at the beginning of the season and then have things turn out the way they've turned out. Now people think that the slogan is BS as well as the show.

There is a difference between episodes with Lana and episodes about Lana. Lana barely appear during the first part of this season (KK was shooting her movie). But you are right, bad stories = bad ratings.
            She appeared in enough episodes earlier this season. She was in Arrival, Mortal, Hidden, Aqua(small part), thirst. She wasn't in exposed but she was in splinter and she wasn't in solitude. So she missed two episodes, that's not really a big deal and besides, her character earlier in the season was a better one than now because she was in a relationship with Clark and she was starting to get close to the truth about the first meteor shower. Now all of those storylines have just been dropped since Reckoning and we're left with a Lana that is only being used to cause problems between Clark and Lex.
            Last edited by myankskent; 04-14-2006, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I don't think you can take past seasons of this show and compare it to this one. This season started out like a firecracker. Lots of new things were introduced like the fortress, Zod, Brainiac and the Clana relationship. We also see that there are more continuous storylines this year compared to most of the other seasons. When I look at this season, I see awesome ratings up until the last three episodes which just happen to be when Clana breakup and Lexana begins. You still have the Lionel and Brainiac storylines as well, so if you like those storylines, you're going to watch every episode to see what happens. The problem is that a lot of people gave up on the show once they realized that Lana wasn't going to learn the secret and that she was going to go to Lex. You can't flash the slogan, "Everything you've waited to see, will happen" on the screen at the beginning of the season and then have things turn out the way they've turned out. Now people think that the slogan is BS as well as the show.
              Actually, we can. They do the same screw-up every year. We aren't talking nothing new, that I could even just copy-paste and would still be true and fit.

Comment

Actually, we can. They do the same screw-up every year. We aren't talking nothing new, that I could even just copy-paste and would still be true and fit.
                The past seasons never started out as well as season 5. Not even close. There was so much going on at the start of this season and it involved every single character on this show, minus Lois who continues to be a waste.

Comment

Could it be that Hypnotic and Void were just mediocre episodes? I don't think those episodes deserved particularly good ratings. And the marketing for those shows didn't help. At least I didn't find it appealing. Whatever momentum they built up in the first third of the season, they brought it to an abrupt halt in Reckoning. And we've been treading water ever since. Even the new plotline with Brainiac isn't being showcased in the new episodes -- much less in the trailers.

Comment

She appeared in enough episodes earlier this season. She was in Arrival, Mortal, Hidden, Aqua(small part), thirst. She wasn't in exposed but she was in splinter and she wasn't in solitude. So she missed two episodes, that's not really a big deal and besides, her character earlier in the season was a better one than now because she was in a relationship with Clark and she was starting to get close to the truth about the first meteor shower. Now all of those storylines have just been dropped since Reckoning and we're left with a Lana that is only being used to cause problems between Clark and Lex.
                    But that exactly why people have problems with Lana, the old Lana is back. At the beginning of season 5, she was with Clark, but that was it, no really talks between the two (Clark was scoobing with Chloe and Lois all the time). What happened with "Reckoning", I warned people months before, but as usual, I was ignored by many. The same with Lexana. And now, here we are, with people complaining about how the things are going.

Comment

What happened with "Reckoning", I warned people months before, but as usual, I was ignored by many. The same with Lexana. And now, here we are, with people complaining about how the things are going.
                      What was your warning, Timester?

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                        And we've been treading water ever since. Even the new plotline with Brainiac isn't being showcased in the new episodes -- much less in the trailers.
                        You don't know how much that drives me nuts. I mean, they've got James Marsters playing Brainiac! Why not actually do something with it! I mean, besides just in [SPOILER]the last two episodes.[/SPOILER] They should have focused on it more all season. That annoys me so!

And I agree about Wreckoning being a major part of the ratings drop.

Comment

The past seasons never started out as well as season 5. Not even close. There was so much going on at the start of this season and it involved every single character on this show, minus Lois who continues to be a waste.
                          Season 2, the tornado that changed the dynamic of the show. Season 3, the dealings with Morgan Edge and Clark's defiance to Jor-El that led to Jonathan's death. Season 4, the Crusade and more open Clark. It's not about how it opens, it's about how it runs.

Comment

You don't know how much that drives me nuts. I mean, they've got James Marsters playing Brainiac! Why not actually do something with it!
                            Such an intriguing plot. And WHERE IS IT? On Lex's AOL email. Gimme a break.

Comment

What was your warning, Timester?
                              Just warned about "Reckoning" and Lexana.

Like season 4 Verizon e-mails...

Comment

Reminds me of the Lex Verizon emails of last season.

ETA: Timester, we were thinking on the same lines!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎