Fragile Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a lot Clana shippers boycotted tonight’s because of the Lexana kiss.

You forgot about the yoyo Clana that took control of the second part of season 3? The Clex and Lionel/Lex are the main parts on the first and third parts of season 3, not on the second.
    Lex episodes don't do well with the ratings if you look at the numbers every season it's the same thing. Lex episodes do horrible. Lana episodes do well and better than Lex episodes, Clark episodes of course domain the numbers like they should since the series is about Clark.

Season Four:

8. Spell............final number 5.5 million viewers. - Lana Episode
    9. Bound.......... final number 5.1 million viewers. - Lex Episode
    15. Sacred ..........final number 5.3 million viewers. - Lana/Clark Episode
    17. Onyx........... final number 3.9 million viewers. - Lex Episode
    20. Ageless.......... final numbers is 4.5 million viewers. - Lana/Clark Episode

Season Five:

5. Thirst.....Final Number 5.8 million viewers - Lana Episode
    9. Lexmas........Final Number 5.4 Million Vewiers Lexana Episode, does better than Bound, which was a pure Lex episode
    17.Void...Final Number 4.2 million viewers. - Lana Episode Beats out Onyx's numbers from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie

Lex episodes don't do well with the ratings if you look at the numbers every season it's the same thing. Lex episodes do horrible. Lana episodes do well and better than Lex episodes, Clark episodes of course domain the numbers like they should since the series is about Clark.

Season Four:

20. Ageless.......... final numbers is 4.5 million viewers. - Lana/Clark Episode

Season Five:

9. Lexmas........Final Number 5.4 Million Vewiers Lexana Episode, does better than Bound, which was a pure Lex episode
      17.Void...Final Number 4.2 million viewers. - Lana Episode Beats out Onyx's numbers from last season.
      I said Superman mythos and Clex episodes. After all, those that usually have good story.

And you said one thing true, Clark's episodes are the ones with better ratings. Then why AlMiles don't focus on him us and for all? Why has the focus to be always on Lana?...
      Last edited by Timester; 04-14-2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Season Four:

Season Five:

heh, it's kind of funny that all the Lana episodes that you have listed sucked. Thirst, Spell, Ageless, etc. Lana episodes ain't exactly high quality, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
          And you said one thing true, Clark's episodes are the ones with better ratings. Then why AlMiles don't focus on him us and for all? Why has the focus to be always on Lana?...
          TPTB do focus on him, this whole series is focus on him.

But if they have to pair him off with someone, they're going to pair Clark off with the next best character that brings them numbers.

So if Lana does better in the numbers than the next top character (Lex) Lana will also be center stage along side Clark more often than any of the other characters.

Originally posted by MBCorp
          heh, it's kind of funny that all the Lana episodes that you have listed sucked. Thirst, Spell, Ageless, etc. Lana episodes ain't exactly high quality, are they?
          Speak for yourself.

For me personally I can't sit through a Lex driven episode. I haven't been able to since season two.

And looking at the numbers, I'm not the only one who prefers an episode like Void over an episode like Onyx.

Comment

TPTB do focus on him, this whole series is focus on him.

But if they have to pair him off with someone, they're going to pair Clark off with the next best character that brings them numbers.

So if Lana does better in the numbers than the next top character (Lex) Lana will also be center stage along side Clark more often than any of the other characters.

Speak for yourself.

For me personally I can't sit through a Lex driven episode. I haven't been able to since season two.

And looking at the numbers, I'm not the only one who prefers an episode like Void over an episode like Onyx.
            But what's interesting is if you look at all of the Lana episodes then you'll notice that the episodes right afterwards always drop in ratings. Spell practically killed S4 and brought the ratings to a halt. When looking at ratings it's more important to look at the ratings in the previous and post episodes than in the episode itself.

Comment

But what's interesting is if you look at all of the Lana episodes then you'll notice that the episodes right afterwards always drop in ratings. Spell practically killed S4 and brought the ratings to a halt. When looking at ratings it's more important to look at the ratings in the previous and post episodes than in the episode itself.
              Is is why Spell did better than the episode before it?

7.Jinx...............final number 5.0 million viewers.
              8. Spell............final number 5.5 million viewers.

Comment

Is is why Spell did better than the episode before it?

7.Jinx...............final number 5.0 million viewers.
                8. Spell............final number 5.5 million viewers.

That means that people liked Jinx. Bring the ratings after Spell (don't worry, I remember them).

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                  That means that people liked Jinx. Bring the ratings after Spell (don't worry, I remember them).
                  That make zero sense, casual viewers watch episodes base off of what's being promoted.

So Lana episodes just happen to always have a good episodes before it? And Lex episodes just happen to always have a bad episodes before it?

After five seasons you would think people would stop using that excuse.

What's the excuse as to why Memoria is the lowest viewed episode of season three with a 4.2 million viewership?

Was it because Truth (a Chloe episodes) was horrible also?

Comment

Hypnotic was a great example of how the WB promoted the sex sells episode as smut. The return of Brainiac wasn't even a consideration for promotion. JM is one of the reasons new viewers tuned in. The mythology is what gets ratings. That is what the focus needs to be on and promoted if tptb want to stop the ratings slide. Hopefully tptb will remember what caused the reinterest in the show and promote it.
                    BTW Jinx was one of my favorite episodes of S4. Bring back Mxy!

Comment

Originally posted by jaime,oburg
                      BTW Jinx was one of my favorite episodes of S4. Bring back Mxy!
                      Of course it was, you're a Chloe fan.

Comment

That make zero sense, casual viewers watch episodes base off of what's being promoted.

So Lana episodes just happen to always have a good episodes before it? And Lex episodes just happen to always have a bad episodes before it?

After five seasons you would think people would stop using that excuse.

What's the excuse as to why Memoria is the lowest viewed episode of season three with a 4.2 million viewership?

Was it because Truth (a Chloe episodes) was horrible also?
                        Oh well, if SV is remembered for anything then it will be episodes like Memoria and Shattered, not Thirst and Ageless.

Comment

No. Actually I enjoy when they bring in characters from the DC universe. The show is supposed to be about Clark's journey to becoming Superman. Supe mythology should be the backbone of the show.

Comment

Oh well, if SV is remembered for anything then it will be episodes like Memoria and Shattered, not Thirst and Ageless.
                            Although I liked all of the Lex episodes, I have to agree with Kreukie. Lana episodes do usually bring in the big ratings and good storylines with Lana mean huge ratings, hence the ratings surge during season 5. Bad storylines with Lana, Reckoning up until the present, will bring in terrible ratings. Facts are facts, and we can't argue them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime,oburg
                              No. Actually I enjoy when they bring in characters from the DC universe. The show is supposed to be about Clark's journey to becoming Superman. Supe mythology should be the backbone of the show.
                              Exactly!!!

And mythos episodes get the highest ratings.

Comment

A lot of recent content has really just been filler stuff until the season finale

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎