Fragile Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's Lexana that's affecting the ratings. I really think it was Reckoning. That was one downer episode, and the show has been down in the doldrums ever since. Tomb -- what a depressing ep. Cyborg was a little better, but then we got Hypnotic and Void. TPTB need to get the hope back into this show. No one wants to watch a show that's all about being depressed and dead.

Fragile was the first hopeful show we've seen in a while -- and they ended with Lexana, which most people don't seem to like. (I don't really care one way or the other.) I think the concept of the "tragic story" of Clark Kent is going a little too dark.

Comment

Re: Fragile Ratings

Originally posted by MBCorp
      Here's the Fragile ratings from Zap2it. The ratings aren't that great, but just remember that these are only the overnights and they do tend to go up:
      Still, those number indicate a boycott of somesort I believe because of the "Lexana Kiss".

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent

Why would I say that when Smallville was getting big ratings at the start of season 5 while Clark and Lana were together.
        It's not about Clark or Lana together or not. It's when the focus changed and it did change. We began to see less Lionel and Lex. When we did see Lionel the storylines he was apart of we weirdly dropped...The show changed in S4. And while S5 started out very promising, it hasn't made enough progress in the Superman story. I'm not bashing or defending any 'ship. I'm saying that the show has gone too far down the "teen drama" road. They used to balance it out so well.
        Last edited by beefywellingtom; 04-14-2006, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I agree, Watching Smallville. Lexana seriously can't bring the ratings down that low. It HAS to be something else.

Comment

I can't see that being the case. Sports pre-emptions are always a factor every week, there's no way that it would effect ratings this much. We're talking about smallville's ratings averaging a 4.2 or so this season and now they are in the low 3's and dropping each week.

True but that is done when the final numbers are released next week, once the stations that pre-empted Smallville show the episode

Comment

Originally posted by beefywellingtom
              It's not about Clark or Lana together or not. It's when the focus changed and it did change. We saw less Lionel and Lex. When we did see Lionel the storylines he was apart of we weirdly dropped...The show changed in S4. And while S5 started out very promising, it hasn't made enough progress in the Superman story. I'm not bashing or defending any 'ship. I'm saying that the show has gone too far down the "teen drama" road. They used to balance it out so well.
              How is Lionel the problem now? If anything, he should help ratings since reckoning. Cyborg ended with him looking at Clark saving Lana and calling him KalEl. How can that drag down the show? There are two things that a lot of people are frustrated about, the fact that there is lexana and the fact that Clark lied to Lana in Reckoning and then about how he felt in Cyborg and refused to tell her the secret. Also, an episode like Cyborg will always get big ratings because everyone wants to see another superhero on the show.

Comment

The reason that the ratings are down is obviously due in large part to the Clexana storyline. I know alot of us here read the spoilers so we know all the good stuff that's coming up, but most people don't read spoiler boards and so the only thing that they know about is what they see in the commercials. And what they see is Lexana. Sure there was some Lionel stuff in the ads, and we saw that there were alot of people that came on here upset because the ads were so misleading, but most of the ad was really centered around the overly hyped Lexana kiss. Hell, all of the preview clips were Lexana and all of the preview photos were Lexana.

I am concerned about the ratings because like I said, if you read the spoilers then you know that there's some promising storylines coming up. But most people don't read spoilers, and if they're getting filler fotw plots and unpopular plotlines like Lexana in the episodes then they won't want to stick around.

Comment

The reasons that the ratings are down are obviously due in large part to the Clexana storyline. I know alot of us here read the spoilers so we know all the good stuff that's coming up, but most people don't read spoiler boards and so the only thing that they know about is what they see in the commercials. And what they see is Lexana. Sure there was some Lionel stuff in the ads, and we saw that there were alot of people that came on here upset because the ads were so misleading, but most of the ad was really centered around the overly hyped Lexana kiss. Hell, all of the preview clips were Lexana and all of the preview photos were Lexana.

I am concerned about the ratings because like I said, if you read the spoilers then you know that there's some promising storylines. But most people don't read spoilers, and if they're getting filler fotw plots and unpopular plotlines like Lexana then they won't want to stick around.
                  I agree, in my paper there was an article about Smallville and lexana was the picture in the article. If Lexana was popular, more people would watch, but it's not, and that is why the ratings are going down. The FOTW storylines I really don't think are killing the ratings because they have been part of the show for such a long time now. The stuff with the main cast of characters keeps people coming back, or will drive them away.

Comment

How is Lionel the problem now? If anything, he should help ratings since reckoning. Cyborg ended with him looking at Clark saving Lana and calling him KalEl. How can that drag down the show? There are two things that a lot of people are frustrated about, the fact that there is lexana and the fact that Clark lied to Lana in Reckoning and then about how he felt in Cyborg and refused to tell her the secret. Also, an episode like Cyborg will always get big ratings because everyone wants to see another superhero on the show.
                    I never said Lionel was the problem. LOL I think I should have pharased it better..Bring on MORE Lionel and Lex! The writers have amazing talent in John Glover and Rosenbaum. In my opinion, it's not being used effectively to help bring up and SECURE good ratings.
                    Last edited by beefywellingtom; 04-14-2006, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beefywellingtom
                      I never said Lionel was the problem. LOL Re-read the post. I said bring on MORE Lionel and Lex! The writers have amazing talent in John Glover and Rosenbaum. In my opinion, it's being used effectively to help bring up and SECURE good ratings.
                      Yeah but Lionel has been featured quite a bit this season. I know that his storylines are not followed through week after week, but the show is not just about him. Plus, if anything, Lionel's character has had a much bigger role in the show ever since Reckoning. This is where the ratings have started to decline which makes me wonder. As for Lex, I think that his character has been pretty good between what he did in Cyborg as well as his interactions with Fine presently. I just can't agree with the fact that the ratings are suffering because of Lionel and lex not being used enough.

Comment

Im blaming the Lexana for this really bad ratings, I mean c'mon last year the ratings started going up around this episode, when Clark and Lana started talking again, and I dont think it's a coincidence the ratings were so god damn good when Clana were together this season, but what happens? we got Reckoning, and then we got Hypnotic and what do you realize? no one gives two sh!ts about Lexana.

And how is the show not being more about Clex and Lionel/Lex afecting the ratings? Did you see the ratings for S3?

Comment

Originally posted by tmkfan
                          Im blaming the Lexana for this really bad ratings, I mean c'mon last year the ratings started going up around this episode, when Clark and Lana started talking again, and I dont think it's a coincidence the ratings were so god damn good when Clana were together this season, but what happens? we got Reckoning, and then we got Hypnotic and what do you realize? no one gives two sh!ts about Lexana.

And how is the show not being more about Clex and Lionel/Lex afecting the ratings? Did you see the ratings for S3?
                          All valid points that make sense.

Comment

no ratings on the homepage again. wonder if thats a coincidence.

Comment

Last year, the ratings DROPPED on the last episodes, not the opposite like you said (Ageless and Forever). A season finale is a season finale, it always has good ratings.

But what again this is nothing new, when the show is focused on a ship with Lana, the ratings and the quality drop. People want to see about Superman mythology or the eternal fight between Clark and Lex.

You forgot about the yoyo Clana that took control of the second part of season 3? The Clex and Lionel/Lex are the main parts on the first and third parts of season 3, not on the second.
                              Last edited by Timester; 04-14-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

The reason that the ratings are down is obviously due in large part to the Clexana storyline. I know alot of us here read the spoilers so we know all the good stuff that's coming up, but most people don't read spoiler boards and so the only thing that they know about is what they see in the commercials. And what they see is Lexana. Sure there was some Lionel stuff in the ads, and we saw that there were alot of people that came on here upset because the ads were so misleading, but most of the ad was really centered around the overly hyped Lexana kiss. Hell, all of the preview clips were Lexana and all of the preview photos were Lexana.

I am concerned about the ratings because like I said, if you read the spoilers then you know that there's some promising storylines coming up. But most people don't read spoilers, and if they're getting filler fotw plots and unpopular plotlines like Lexana in the episodes then they won't want to stick around.

I think it is just Lexana and what it represents.

But consider, if there were no spoilers at ALL and the only info to future episodes were just televised previews, then the ratings would not suffer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎