Fragile Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i cant believe gough/millar were more apprehensive about writing clark and lana a decent love story than getting lana together with lex.

viewers have been waiting 4 seasons to see clark and lana together... not lana and lex. they really messed up with this one. they cannot get lana and clark back together now (even if lana finds out the secret... another huge misstep as a result of the awful breakup writing), so they have basically screwed up royally.

Comment

Originally posted by Aloof
      Oh, so you're all going to blame Lexana now, huh?
      What else is to blame? They used Lexana to pimp this episode, that was the big thing in all of the commercials and in all of the spoilers and in the preview clips. They pimped this episode with only Lexana and it failed.

Comment

That's just bad writing, I wish they wrote them better, though.

Comment

Oh, so you're all going to blame Lexana now, huh?
          Aloof, you know that since Reckoning, I've been complaining that Lexana would destroy the ratings, and now here we are. Just after the Clana breakup and the start of lexana, the ratings are an absolute disgrace compared to just about every episode of this season. So how you can't blame lexana is beyond me. You have lionel, you have brainiac, you have zod/jorEl still a part of the story that should help out the ratings and yet they are extremely low. So yes, I blame it totally on Lexana and the fact that Clana broke up without Clark telling her the secret.

Comment

so basically people DID stick around even though the 100th episode was was deceiving... but they arent watching anymore because the episodes (aside from vengeance and cyborg) have sucked?

Comment

Well, unlike all of those unloyal Smallville fans, I decide to tune in no matter what happens.

Comment

Well, unlike all of those unloyal Smallville fans, I decide to tune in no matter what happens.
                As do I, but that won't matter if everyone else stops watching. The show will be cancelled. They need big ratings to continue the show or else they will lose money, especially as the show gets into it's later years.

That's why lexana does nothing for the show right now rather than please a small percentage of fans. Lexana is not going to be the end result here, Clark becoming superman and Lex turning evil will be. This is why any major detours that are taken from the end result at this point in the show will kill it.

Comment

But as you can see, the Lexana scenes aren't that long, they just to advertise better.

Comment

The overnight was a 3.1, down from the 3.4's it did the previous two weeks

I think pre-emptions for sports had something to do with it and ratings for Thurdays have been going down all across the board. the ratings are lower but Smallville is still 4th because no one is watching Fox or UPN either

Comment

But as you can see, the Lexana scenes aren't that long, they just to advertise better.
                      I agree, but people don't want to see the two of them together. No one knows how long their scenes are going to be from episode to episode, but for the most part, people don't like/understand why Lana and Lex are romantically involved given Lana's feelings for Clark and the fact that Lana should know how evil Lex is. That's what drives people away from the show at this point. I understand that you might love lexana, but your love for lexana isn't going to help out the show. Plus, you have to admit that Lana and Lex are two totally different people at this point in time, you might want to see them get together, but Lex is evil and Lana, even though she's an idiot, is a very good person at heart. And again, I have to restate the fact that many people were disapointed with Clark lying to Lana yet again during Reckoning and then again in Cyborg. That combined with the fact that there is lexana has driven many people away unfortunately.

Comment

Darn sports, you can blame those as well.

Comment

No matter what your favorite 'ship on the show is, can we all agree that once the show became more about Clark and Lana, instead of Clark and Lex, it started to go downhill?

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                            I agree, but people don't want to see the two of them together. No one knows how long their scenes are going to be from episode to episode, but for the most part, people don't like/understand why Lana and Lex are romantically involved given Lana's feelings for Clark and the fact that Lana should know how evil Lex is. That's what drives people away from the show at this point. I understand that you might love lexana, but your love for lexana isn't going to help out the show. Plus, you have to admit that Lana and Lex are two totally different people at this point in time, you might want to see them get together, but Lex is evil and Lana, even though she's an idiot, is a very good person at heart. And again, I have to restate the fact that many people were disapointed with Clark lying to Lana yet again during Reckoning and then again in Cyborg. That combined with the fact that there is lexana has driven many people away unfortunately.
                            I've liked it since last year, and yes, I believe that they're completely different people, but they also share common interests. They're both orphans, for one, and I believe they both have have dark sides, Lana's is hidden away somewhere, but she does have one.

Comment

Originally posted by joesmallville
                              The overnight was a 3.1, down from the 3.4's it did the previous two weeks

I think pre-emptions for sports had something to do with it and ratings for Thurdays have been going down all across the board. the ratings are lower but Smallville is still 4th because no one is watching Fox or UPN either
                              I can't see that being the case. Sports pre-emptions are always a factor every week, there's no way that it would effect ratings this much. We're talking about smallville's ratings averaging a 4.2 or so this season and now they are in the low 3's and dropping each week.

Originally posted by beefywellingtom
                              No matter what your favorite 'ship on the show is, can we all agree that once the show became more about Clark and Lana, instead of Clark and Lex, it started to go downhill?
                              Why would I say that when Smallville was getting big ratings at the start of season 5 while Clark and Lana were together.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH I don't want people to stop watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎