58 26.73%
  • Ehh, It was alright

13 5.99%
  • It was the worst

7 3.23%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tom's Directing

Originally posted by Joelito
    I saw the episode and I must say that it was a good work directorial from Tom, but like above said, for me there wasn't much difference from the other shows...

yea it wasn't that much different from other episodes, but just knowin that it was directed by tom made it all the better, lol

Originally posted by clarksmuse
    I thought he did very well.

i think he did good for a first time also

Originally posted by jack1487
    Did an outstanding job. Can't wait for him to direct another one.

Jack

same here
    Last edited by Kalel x2x2; 04-14-2006 at 07:10 AM.

It was awful. Immediately I could tell this wasn't being directed by the usuals-- the Clark shots in particular were overdone, and he could have held a lot of shots or changed angles instead of rushing through stuff to get to his closeups.

In addition, a good deal of the characters weren't as in-character as usual. Lois came off as not just her usual irritating self, but a heinous b****. Thanks to that she's lost any chance of me liking her in this series.

Actors should stick with acting, directors with directing, especially if you're an actor who likes to mug the camera.

New In Town
    I thought the directing in this eppy was great, they should let him direct a season finale or premere so he can have a decent story to work with.

Originally posted by Batman_Beyonder
    His emotional talks with the little girl was amazing... I almost teared up.
    We're finally starting to see the Man of Steel! Although I get the feeling that Lexana will delay that a bit...

Board Master Watching Smallville's Avatar
    I was surprised that he directed an episode where he had so much acting to do. That's a really tough job. I don't think he's seasoned enough to direct himself, but he did an amazing job with the actress who played Maddie. Her performance was really strong. And he did well with the other cast members, too. I saw a definite difference in the acting in this episode, particularly from AT and AM. he seemed to give AM a little more room.

I saw some new camera angles, and some were beautiful. Good job, I thought. Better than I expected from someone who is new to directing.

I don't know anything about directing. I tried to pay careful attention to it but I kept getting caught up in the story.

I thought the episode was great . It was one of the more emotionally fufilling episodes they've had - despite the writing. Normally an episode like this would have been pretty one-dimensional. But, in this rare instance, there was a build-up and I actually understood the character's motivations. Wow! Imagine that!! Also, the directing kept the actors true to their characters - something that did not happen in "Hypnotic." Normally, I would have considered "Fragile" a "filler" episode. But because of the character development, it was something more. Also, Welling's Clark was more mature, wiser. I bet he has been dying as an actor to have a more mature Clark Kent. How refreshing. And we get a glimpse into the kind of man Clark needs to become to fufill his destiny. Again, great work. I hope someone on the Smallville staff is taking some notes.

I definitely thought he did great. I don't know much about being a director, but I am very aware that it takes a LOT of work, and personally, for his first time...he pulled it off like it was second nature to him.

It was very similar in that of the other episodes, but it had a different feel to it then usual...and IMO, I love that. I say bravo to Tom and hope that he continues his wonderful work both acting and directing from here on out..

I think he did a really awesome job!! I liked every minute of the episode, and that doesn't happen for me very often. There's usually at least one or two scenes I don't like because of the way they're put together, or whatever..he did good!

I thought itwas a greatand wonderful epsiode=)

I thought Tom did a great job, especially with his direction of Maddie. I think directing a child is more challenging, but you couldn't see that. I thought the episode had a smoothness too. He did great, so let's hope he gets another one with more challenge to it.

Hopeless Forum Addict tjpw fanatic's Avatar
    i absolutely loved it

Incurable Postaholic
    Not true. Losi was completely in character; she IS portrayed as a lackluster complainer. Everyone was in character, especially nasty lying Lana and Lex. Clark was, for once, allowed to be more adult and not mope over Lana or be devastated over Jonathan. He was allowed to show his emotions for once in a good way. Thank God for a great directing job by...oh, yeah, Tom Welling.

I thought he did a great job with a not great script. I would have somehow altered the Lexana kiss because it was just sudden and made no sense since they were both just standing there saying but we're just friends but that was the script not to mention the stupidity of Lexana to begin with.

Tom was great and not in any way a flop. It's wonderful that he's interested in directing as well as acting and it's good when asctors want to branch out and go in new directions. An actor is a natural to try directing. Tom's had great ideas in the past that improved eps and this is a natural direction for him to take.

Thumbs up, big guy!

Lois is a whiner, for sure. But she's never been as bad as this episode. I'd never felt such vehement HATE for her before.
    I don't know, the episode was pretty terrible. the best actor in the whole thing was the little girl.

Next time another cast member asks to direct an episode, I'll be sure to skip it.

Hopeless Forum Addict tjpw fanatic's Avatar
    ok since everyone has their own opinion i wont go all insane, but in my honest opinion, i think that lois was hilarious.

and tom did a spectacular job and i hope he directs again!
    *goes outside and throws a baseball as far as i can to let out my rage* lol

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast