No announcement yet.

Tom's Directing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^No kidding!^^
    Somehow I think his vision would be quirky--something akin to Quentin Tarantino...and possibly a departure from your regular Smallville ep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss L
      ^^No kidding!^^
      Somehow I think his vision would be quirky--something akin to Quentin Tarantino...and possibly a departure from your regular Smallville ep.
      I wonder. I mean, Tom (at least from accounts and the pics) seemed to really take his role as director seriously and try to keep it "Smallville" style. I wonder if Michael would do pretty much the same thing or if he would take it in a completely different direction. Because I kind of expected something different from Welling and didn't get it so....*shrugs*

Comment

• I thought the directing was good, for his first time. The last Lex/Lana scene could've been done a little better, though. Good job Tom!

Comment

• I thought his directing was great (even if I didn't actually see him direct face to face)! I hope he does more directing on Smallville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            I wonder. I mean, Tom (at least from accounts and the pics) seemed to really take his role as director seriously and try to keep it "Smallville" style. I wonder if Michael would do pretty much the same thing or if he would take it in a completely different direction. Because I kind of expected something different from Welling and didn't get it so....*shrugs*
            I'm curious to know what you were expecting. I know I was kind of holding my breath hoping he wouldn't tank, and I was just glad he did well for his first time out. There's plenty of room for growth, of course (in my "expert" opinion)....

Comment

I'm curious to know what you were expecting.
              I don't know for sure but I do know I was expecting him to do it in a non-Smallville way. I guess I figured he would go for more of an 'art' look or a more 'cinematic' look like I think Tommy would prefer. I was expecting....grandeur (which there were flashes of), I suppose. Tom seems the type to like that sort of thing in what he watches and director's always seem to copy what they like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                I guess I figured he would go for more of an 'art' look or a more 'cinematic' look like I think Tommy would prefer.
                Yeah, I can see that in TW. Maybe he'll work up to that as he gains experience. I think Rosenbaum would also go that direction--with a little more quirkiness.

Comment

Yeah, I can see that in TW. Maybe he'll work up to that as he gains experience. I think Rosenbaum would also go that direction--with a little more quirkiness.
                  yes, that's it exactly. If MR does direct in Season 6, as has been mentioned I think that will be his style. Of course, I was wrong about Tommy's.

Comment

• Tom did one heck of a job for his first time directing. I know he has lots of special effects to rely on. But he did great anyway. I suppose it helps when you have a lot of acting experience though. The thing I loved most was the fact that when we saw Tom as Clark, that was ALL Tom. He could decide exactly how Clark would act in his scenes and I think it was great. I think these were some of the best scenes I've ever seen Clark in. Tom does know the character inside and out though so i cna see why he did such a great job. It was really good. I'm impressed.

Comment

• i loved how Tom directed this episode

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎