Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kiss was the perfect reason for me to want to see Lana go back to the Reckoning car crash. They have killed her character that I enjoyed for 5.5 seasons but know I'll just move on to Majorie (Sarah Lancaster) in What About Brian. HOT and conflicted just like Lana. Too early to tell if she is as Lana brain dead(since Splinter).

Comment

• I try my best to understand what makes Lana do the things she does--and then I realize that it's impossible. She's a self-centered hypocrite with a bad temper tantrum. In S1&S2, you'd think she was the perfect angel, and her character was likeable, but now she's incessantly annoying. I'm sorry, but that kiss made me gag.
      I love Clana, but Lana ticks me off. Does that make sense?

All I can say is--what are those writers thinking?

Comment

• I loved it when she was crying when she saw clark feeling up the girl in hypnotic. Its about time she got out of her happy little land.

She doesnt actually have things that bad..

1) One of her actual parents is still alive.
        2) Lex cleared up the whole Genavive teague thing.
        3) Big deal you cant get clark, hes too good for her anyway.
        4) She somehow owns a pritty cool ride, (the car she hit cyborg with)
        5) Shes at uni, the best time in a persons life (apart from wen having sex)
        6) She doent have any major secrets to hide.
        7) And shes hot, hot girls have nothing to worry about!!!

Comment

• I think she needs closure or her parents' death (which she has never gotten over). I don't know what happened in the Lexmas timeline from Lex's dream, but when you watch that episode, Lana seems to be the happiest she has ever been on the show. I wish we get to see that again. KK has an incredible smile that we rarely see anymore, and it was great seeing it in that episode.

I really think the best thing is for her to get professional help after Lex is through with her, because she will very likely be very messed up (and I mean much more than after the Clana breakup). I think they should have a scene where we finally witness her putting it behind her and wanting to help others just like she would have been helped by then. This can add some desperately needed progression into her character and revive it with new life.

Comment

• I agree, xrayvision, that happy Lana is a very appealing character. TPTB seem to have chosen to take her down a very unhappy path. First she loses Henry Small, then she loses Clark, the she's possessed by a witch, then she loses Jason. Then she's a vampire. Then she loses Clark again. They've turned her into a very troubled person, and I don't see it getting any better if she's involved with Lex.

Comment

• It'll get much worse with him; you just know it. I didn't like how they made her desert Nell & the Sullivans (basically all her friends) by moving to Paris when she hates losing friends. This was bad ad-hoc writing that makes her seem hypocritical.

It's no wonder that fans loved Lana the most during season 1 (when she was the happiest with the exception of Lexmas, which was before all the pressing she started doing about his secret in S2). Like I said, I hope once she's at her lowest (after Lex is thru with her), she gets help and it's all uphill for her.

Comment

• When you put it that way, I have a thought. Lana started being unhappy when she fell in love with Clark -- which I think happened in Season 2. They got together, and then, since Season 3, she's had this unrequited thing for him, which I think lasted through Adam and Jason, and is still going on behind Lexana. It makes me think Lana will never be happy again, because she doesn't end up with Clark.

It kind of turns the tables on what I've aways thought. Rather than Lana being the reason for everything Clark does, it's more like Clark is the reason for everything Lana does.

Comment

• Maybe sharing the secret with her once it finally does happen will change this. Do you really think this unrequited thing is going through Lexana? I thought she said it was over forever?

Comment

• She says it, but I don't think that's what she feels. She's angry, and she feels rejected, so she says "forever" to give herself some control over the situation and save some of her pride. But look what she does in Void. I think Lexana is a rebound relationship for Lana.
                    Last edited by Watching Smallville; 04-27-2006, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kal-El1978
                      On another note...I think that Kristin must feel like this in real life cause she will never get Tom. You can see the jealousy in her eyes...I think she really is into Tom. Now she is just reacting to a reality. Ok ok enough .
                      What makes you think this? How do you tell if the jealousy is acted jealousy for the character or real life jealousy?

Comment

• Originally posted by MBCorp
                        She kept insisting that she had no feelings for Lex and then she kisses him. Okay, I get that they're trying to make Lana look like she's not in her right mind because she's all upset about the breakup, but god! What a confusing mess of a character.
                        Lana says to Lex I dont want anything to ruin our friendship blah blah but shes standing there all doe eyed and her hair all curled and everything and we all know she's just beggin for it

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
                          I hope they bring that Brad character on the show from Superman III. He's a drunk and would be perfect for her.
                          Yeah go Brana!!

Lana: Lex, I would like you to meet my husband, Brad.
                          Lex: This is who you left me for?
                          Lana: Yes. By the way, we're having our 8th kid. Can we have some money? Lana Jr. hasn't learned how to pole dance yet, and as you can see, I'm a complete mess and can't get a gig.
                          Lex: What's the matter, Brad here spent all his money on alcohol?
                          These are hilarious.I was just watching re-run's of Fragile and Mercy and I found this on the Fragile thread. Too funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                            I find it funny, that with all Lana knows Lex has done, including manhandle her, and almost beat her up over that stone, that she ran to him, and somehow trusts him completely.

She's just horribly written as a character.
                            I have to wholeheartedly agree. It's really a shame too, because there was really quite a bit of potential there in the beginning, especially with her background and the subsequent highschool years. She's just become so completely nonsensical, even to the point of annoyance, at this point. This is not to say Clark is completely without fault either, mind you, but really... setting Clark aside, her character has really been become fubar.

As of this episode, she just went through the roughest break-up of her entire life, resulting in a severe 'drug' addiction which nearly lead to her death, and Clark's death for that matter. All of the sudden she's well enough to not only become romantically involved again, but with Lex Luthor of all people? Is her character supposed to be coming off as completely psychotic, or are the writers just that terrible? I honestly can't tell at this point, but it's really beginning to take value away from the overall show and greater story.

Setting aside her blatant ignorance about Clark and his secrets, she's said multiple times that she is willing to wait for as long as it takes for Clark to come around; but every time she makes that promise, she breaks it almost immediately afterward. Yes, Clark pushed her away--but what else is new? He's pushed her away at least two times prior to this latest push, and it doesn't take any great measure of psychological genius to recognize that he was lying to her when he told her he didn't love her anymore, especially when you consider everything that they've been through together--from Clark saving her life on countless occasions, always being there for her, taking her virginity while give her his, and everything else.

In any case, I could probably stomach all of this, but to have her fall for Lex is just too much of a stretch. After everything that's happened up to this point, regardless of the illusive 'Black Ship partnership' of theirs, it's completely absurd to have her even entertain the notion of romantic involvement with Lex unless she's suffering from a severe chemical imbalance or mental deterioration.

She's really just been reduced to a pawn who seems to get passed around from episode to episode, and it's rather unfortunate. She doesn't seem to show any signs of progressed maturity or character; even Clark with all of his faults has recognizable character development, but she is just like an irrational broken record with no rhyme or reason anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎