No announcement yet.

Wasn't Lex so caring for Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't Lex so caring for Lana?

Someone in another place mentioned, when Lance called Lana 'damn *****', there is this shot of Lex's reaction. I watched it again, and I really liked his reaction. That looking up shot said so many things in his eyes. I think that two words directly sent him fighting with Lance. He was angry with Lana, but even that, he was so ready defending her from the others.

I love the way MR performed, so subtle, yet so telling.

I hated how he just forgave her for stealing from him and almost getting him killed. Lex Luthor is supposed to be a badass, he really shouldn't have to put up with all of that.

Comment

Well he definitely has forgiven Clark for doing the same thing in the past. Maybe when it comes to his friends, he's not such a baddie.

Comment

I know, I was thinking the exact same thing about Clark when I was posting that, but Lex should be more dark and tougher now than he was in the past. Plus, it's Lexana and I hate Lexana so it bugs me more.

And some people's 'Prince Charming' interpretation of Lex is really hard for me to take.

Comment

Hey, I'm with you on your last sentence. I don't think Lex is a Prince Charming whatsoever. It's kinda like "are we watching the same show"? Anyway, I was thinking too that Lex is supposed to be more of a baddie now than when he and Clark were closer freinds, so I don't know why he still seems to be so forgiving.

Comment

I just love how MR gave the layers to the character. Do you really want him to be this one-way baddie?

He is first a human, then a villian. He is cold to someone, something, but he is not just a symbol of evil. He is more than that. I just love how he showed his feelings with that looking up shot. Should he just standing there, and looking cold? Was it really better if he was like a stone?

I don't like the idea of making Lex like an evil zombie, or making him looking like a machine. He is a human, and a very charming sexy character in my eye, while Clark Kent, the farm boy and the 'good' man, could never make me so addicted to him.

The good thing about an excellent actor is, even he is playing the villian, even you know he is lying, but sometime just one shot, one detail here and there, he makes you feel for him.

I think the devil king you were expecting Lex to become, is actually another character 'Zod'. Lex is born on this planet, he will never be comparable to 'Zod', there are things he loved on this earth. Yeah, he wants to rule the world, but he didn't want to detroy the earth, at least now.

If you remember the recent endings of Justic League, Lex actually helped saving the world. What I want to say, is that Lex is a complex charactor. He is not someone who aims at destroying the human kind. He wants to bringdown the Superman, and rules the world. But he is not someone who kills for pleasure.

I would like to see how Lex confronts Superman, and be cold and evil to his enemies. But I will stop watching if they make him killing a dog just for fun, shouting out,"Look at him, he is so evil now! He killed a dog for nothing!' In my eyes, making Lex be cold to Lana at this stage is just this kind of stupid evil, and doesn't make sense. A villian doesn't need to kill everyday, or smirk at everyone he met. That is just ridiculas.
            Last edited by ssvd; 04-08-2006, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Well, I saw the look ssvd. I think Lex actually is cold in this scene with Lana, the way he says "the cool things about expensive cars is they all come with g-p-s tracking devises" had an edge to it and when says that she can explain, Lex looks down and away like he is mad and doesn't want to hear her excuses...but then Lance has to go and call her a "Dumb (female dog)" and Lex snaps back up like "oh no you didn't!" and then they end up fighting. Coincendence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                .... Lex Luthor is supposed to be a badass,...
                I thought that Lex is not yet suppose to be the really evil person he will someday be........that he has not "arrived".

Comment

Originally posted by ssvd
                  I just love how MR gave the layers to the character. Do you really want him to be this one-way baddie?

He is first a human, then a villian. He is cold to someone, something, but he is not just a symbol of evil. He is more than that. I just love how he showed his feelings with that looking up shot. Should he just standing there, and looking cold? Was it really better if he was like a stone?

I don't like the idea of making Lex like an evil zombie, or making him looking like a machine. He is a human, and a very charming sexy character in my eye, while Clark Kent, the farm boy and the 'good' man, could never make me so addicted to him.

The good thing about an excellent actor is, even he is playing the villian, even you know he is lying, but sometime just one shot, one detail here and there, he makes you feel for him.

I think the devil king you were expecting Lex to become, is actually another character 'Zod'. Lex is born on this planet, he will never be comparable to 'Zod', there are things he loved on this earth. Yeah, he wants to rule the world, but he didn't want to detroy the earth, at least now.

If you remember the recent endings of Justic League, Lex actually helped saving the world. What I want to say, is that Lex is a complex charactor. He is not someone who aims at destroying the human kind. He wants to bringdown the Superman, and rules the world. But he is not someone who kills for pleasure.

I would like to see how Lex confronts Superman, and be cold and evil to his enemies. But I will stop watching if they make him killing a dog just for fun, shouting out,"Look at him, he is so evil now! He killed a dog for nothing!' In my eyes, making Lex be cold to Lana at this stage is just this kind of stupid evil, and doesn't make sense. A villian doesn't need to kill everyday, or smirk at everyone he met. That is just ridiculas.
                  I like the fact that Lex is a complex character, so it's not that I want Lex to be a one-dimensional villain or anything like that. I just think that if you're expecting Lex to be this romantic and wonderful boyfriend to Lana then you're going to be very disappointed. Lex is far, far darker now than he was back in 2nd season when he was dating Helen, and even back then he stole and lied from her. Because he was still trying to be good and because he loved her he told her the truth, but it does show how ruthless he can be even to those that he loves (another example is his investigating of Clark behind his back). And now that he's grown even darker and ruthless, it's going to be much worse. I think it's pretty much a given that he's going to end up hurting Lana in some way and that the relationship will end unhappily.

Originally posted by watcher4
                  I thought that Lex is not yet suppose to be the really evil person he will someday be........that he has not "arrived".
                  He may not be totally evil yet but he should at least be a bit of a badass anyway and not get victimized every week.

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                    I like the fact that Lex is a complex character, so it's not that I want Lex to be a one-dimensional villain or anything like that. I just think that if you're expecting Lex to be this romantic and wonderful boyfriend to Lana then you're going to be very disappointed. Lex is far, far darker now than he was back in 2nd season when he was dating Helen, and even back then he stole and lied from her. Because he was still trying to be good and because he loved her he told her the truth, but it does show how ruthless he can be even to those that he loves (another example is his investigating of Clark behind his back). And now that he's grown even darker and ruthless, it's going to be much worse. I think it's probably pretty much a given that he's going to hurt Lana in some way and that they are both going to end up unhappy.
                    Unless TPTB decide to halt Lex's journey to the dark side so that they can give him some weak and sappy moments with Lana.

Comment

Its a journey to the dark side, therefore he can still have a few nice moments with Lana along the way. Besides, he has been pretty evil about getting her. Remember Simone? That was pretty bad. I was actually pretty mad at him for a minute for hurting her like that, but then Clark went and messed up so now I prefer to blame him instead.

Comment

I think MR's portrayal is getting very chilly. There aren't those warm fuzzy Lex moments we used to get when we felt sorry that people were so hard on him. He's pretty steely these days. I love the way MR is shutting down this character. It's so ironic that Lana gets involved with him now, when his emotions are going cold.

Comment

Lex is only caring because he want's to get in Lana's Pants

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                            Its a journey to the dark side, therefore he can still have a few nice moments with Lana along the way. Besides, he has been pretty evil about getting her. Remember Simone? That was pretty bad. I was actually pretty mad at him for a minute for hurting her like that, but then Clark went and messed up so now I prefer to blame him instead.
                            Yes but if Lexana were to ever have a relationship, Lex would be the softest character on the show because all of his scenes would have to be with Lana. You can't act evil with her around. You might be able to have an evil phone conversation while she is in the room where he doesn't sound evil on the phone, but that's about it. This is why I see a relationship not being the case at all. All Lex fans who want to see him turn evil with throw a fit.

Comment

I have to challenge this a little. When Lana collapsed after seeing the Kryptonians, Lex just looked at her like she was a dead fish. I'm not sure he's going to be such a softie with her. Look how he treated her in Reckoning, Pt 1. But we'll find out soon enough. I'm really curious to see how they handle it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎