Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel has known about Clark since...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the voids were just hallucinations.

Think about it, besides Jonathan warning Clark about Lionel everybody basically saw what they wanted to see. Lana saw her parents as loving and caring for her (it would explain why they didn't tell her anything useful, because that's not what she wanted from them. She just wanted unconditional love). They don't show any personality in her vision besides unconditional love. Lana never knew her parents so they have no personality in her vision besides giving her what she wants most, their love.

Then you've got Lex who sees his mother condemning him for his behavior. She acts alot different in this vision than she acted in either Memoria or Lexmas. That's basically Lex's subconsiouse condemning himself for his own behaviors. He knows he's become a bad man and he knows his mother would be angry at him, so that's what he sees. The black glove is from his Scare dream.

Then you've got Clark seeing Jonathan, which is a bit trickier to explain. Jonathan's warning concerning Lionel could be from his own subconsious, he knows Lionel is a bad guy and has been hanging around alot recently. Clark's not smart but maybe deep down inside he had a feeling that Lionel knew his secret. And he gets what he most desires, Jonathan to tell him that the outcome of Reckoning was not his fault.

Comment

• That would explain Lana's void. Also that makes scent for Lex too.

But sadly I don't think this version of Clark Kent is smart enough to put 2 and 2 together with Lionel even subconsious.
      Last edited by angelfire east; 04-12-2006, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Can dead people have hallucinations? I mean isn't that something you need to be alive to have one lol.

Still think Lana and her parents were shafted in the episode. I wanted to have a longer void.

Comment

• Originally posted by MBCorp
          I think the voids were just hallucinations.

Think about it, besides Jonathan warning Clark about Lionel everybody basically saw what they wanted to see. Lana saw her parents as loving and caring for her (it would explain why they didn't tell her anything useful, because that's not what she wanted from them. She just wanted unconditional love). They don't show any personality in her vision besides unconditional love. Lana never knew her parents so they have no personality in her vision besides giving her what she wants most, their love.

Then you've got Lex who sees his mother condemning him for his behavior. She acts alot different in this vision than she acted in either Memoria or Lexmas. That's basically Lex's subconsiouse condemning himself for his own behaviors. He knows he's become a bad man and he knows his mother would be angry at him, so that's what he sees. The black glove is from his Scare dream.

Then you've got Clark seeing Jonathan, which is a bit trickier to explain. Jonathan's warning concerning Lionel could be from his own subconsious, he knows Lionel is a bad guy and has been hanging around alot recently. Clark's not smart but maybe deep down inside he had a feeling that Lionel knew his secret. And he gets what he most desires, Jonathan to tell him that the outcome of Reckoning was not his fault.
          Nice explanation. It covers all bases for me. I don't even have to change my mind about the Alternate-Future-vs.-Dream debate.

Comment

• So basically the conclusion is

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! Thanks to unclear exposition by the show .

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Summers
                So basically the conclusion is

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! Thanks to unclear exposition by the show .

Aww this is actually one time where I don't mind it being unclear. The character's "voids" were interesting and it's kind of fun to come up with different theories about them.

Comment

• True, especially with these type of dream-like/outer-world scenes are meant to be. I just meant about Lionel's arc specifically lol. We didn't know what was going on in S4, and we still don't know what is going on now . All we have is our theories from The Lionel Redemption Theory to MB Lionel. Feels like we're back to square one, but not. The only thing changed is that Clark now knows he knows. We just don't know Lionel yet. I do know if they delay this until next season, then I better find Mr.Pointy (for those who don't know it's a Buffyism....it's another name for a stake lol).
                  Last edited by Summers; 04-12-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• There's 9 pages so somebody must have said that Lionel knew Clark had special powers since whatever episodes it was he was pretending to be blind. Can't remember what season, might even have been season 3.

Comment

This is an interesting theory, not one that I'm sure I buy completely... but let me just state that when I read this, I thought about how in "Splinter", one of Clark's hallucinations was seeing Lionel tell Jonathan that he knows about Clark and would put him in a lab for study. I wonder if there is any connection there. Surely Clark would have remembered his paranoid hallucinations?

Comment

• Sounds good to me. I like the hallucination interpretation. It makes much more sense to me than visions of spirits, considering the way the scenes were written. I guess we could have had a hallucination-vs.-spirit debate, but on to a new episode!

Comment

• I've been mulling this over for a week now (must do something...anything to avoid grading papers) and I'm not so sure I think what I thought when I last posted.

I know Lionel is never quite what he leads us to think, but channeling Jor-El AND being evil Lionel don't quite mesh for me. Yes, I know Jor-El has been written as pretty cruel, but I still think there's a lot of misinterpretation on Clark's part there. (Also, how easy can it be to parent someone when you're essentially dead?)

I was just rewatching Talisman and Jonathon mentions his being just a vessel for Jor-El when he heals Clark. Since Lionel has been the vessel for Jor-El this season, maybe his own agenda has twisted to include good toward Clark. That doesn't preclude his not-so-above-board agenda toward Lex, or even Martha....

But then again who really knows. I mean, who knows who will end up inhabiting--or possibly impersonating--whom (and no, I haven't read any spoilers). In the end, everything could go completely topsy-turvy. At which point I should just head on over to the Speculation forum (which I try to avoid because it's too close to the lure of ssssspoilers).

OK, just had to babble for a minute there.

Also I like the whole hallucination theory. I'm just not into the whole "afterlife" thing, and it really makes sense that each one of them would see what's in their subconscious.

And by the way, Watching Smallville, I love that picture of ED. I wish my hair did that.

Comment

• Transference, he had to have known since then because he knew in commencement(season 4 finale) thats why he shot jason cuz
                            Lex is like

Lex: Or he was about to tell me something you didnt want me to know~ or something like that

Comment

I think the voids were just hallucinations.

Well, actually, they proved that they weren't hallucinations, but rather they actually did "die" momentarily. When Clark was infested with kryptonite, and died, Chloe and Clark both noted that the kryptonite went away. And they said that that was a product of Clark dying.

Comment

• The cyristal because he cant just forget those memories

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎