Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings for Void

What happen to the ratings for smallville on the front page?

I seen something early today about the ratings for void, i think it was:

3.4./5 at the start and overall 4.0 million viewers, smallville in #4 place, nevertheless it didnt too well.

But i like looking at the ratings on kryptonsite.

Also i think something is wrong overall. Either some smallville fans left the show, because of lana and clark breakup, or alot of fans are not aware that new episodes are back.

Either way, things are not looking too good. Is 4.0 million viewers good enough, compared to 4.7 million i think which was before the new episodes started?

Craig said he isn't feeling well so he may have to delay posting the ratings on the newspage.

Comment

Oh sorry about that, hope he gets better

But what do you think is going about the ratings, is people giving up on the show and is 3.5 or 4.0 millions viewers good enough?

I also think people whine too much about the show in general, they complain too much about this and that, instead of just enjoying the show.

What people dont seem to understand, is that if superman the movies was made into a tv series, it would be like smallville in terms of its ups and downs. But overall, it would be great. Superman into a tv series, would be about love, death, action, and all around fun stuff, freak of the week action, lame lines at times, but again overall great.

I know when i was kid watching superman, i would say to myself " Damn, i wish i could watch superman everyday "

And smallville is that dream

Now i admit episodes like spirit and the witch stuff was uncalled for and really it had nothing to do with superman, but as a hardcore smallville fan, i enjoy the show, and i never complain about anything.

Last edited by The General; 04-07-2006, 08:53 PM.

Comment

i think cause of the long break between new episodes people lost track of when new shows start because not everyone goes online to check it out and may not have seen commercails if smallville is the only show they watch on the WB. also last weeks episode with the slutty hypno girl wasnt exactly the best way to get people back to watching the shw. the brainiac stuff was great but the girl and her sluttyness kind of draged the episode down so people are like o great here we go with more of these episode and decided to skip this one. also previews of lana seeing her dead parents wouldnt really bring people in to see the show seeing how they didnt give any info about anything and it was only the first 3 minute teaser at the begining of the episode. ratings would be alot higher is they promoted mr kent and mrs luthor comming back cause thats what made the episode good. the WB seriously needs to get someone better to do the promotionable stuff for episodes cause the clips they use stink. i mean they didnt have to show anything they could have just had a voice over with clips of lana clark and lex saying each one of these people will get a special message from beyond the grave. hopefully the CW can choose out better clips to promote the upcomming episode or atleast air it more days then just the days smallville airs.

Comment

Smallville fans leaving the show because of Clana break-up? That's just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokethatkryptonite
            Smallville fans leaving the show because of Clana break-up? That's just stupid.
            You're opinion. I wouldn't stop but I did enjoy the first 2 seasons MUCH more than the past 3. Diehard fans may not leave but ones who jumped on the "Everything you wanted to see" bandwagon appears to have left when they saw the direction Clana was heading. OF course this is my opinion. But look what happened in Reckoning, was it the death, the secret being revealed and/or the marriage proposal that boosted the ratings. Make Clark and Lana enemies until the middle of season 6, then we will know if Clana is important, otherwise the shipper wars will continue.

Note: Sorry for that suggestion, cotton candy girl. I wouldn't like it either.
            Last edited by Fly by guy; 04-08-2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly by guy
              You're opinion. I wouldn't stop but I did enjoy the first 2 seasons MUCH more than the past 3. Diehard fans may not leave but ones who jumped on the "Everything you wanted to see" bandwagon appears to have left when they saw the direction Clana was heading. OF course this is my opinion. But look what happened in Reckoning, was it the death, the secret being revealed and/or the marriage proposal that boosted the ratings. Make Clark and Lana enemies until the middle of season 6, then we will know if Clana is important, otherwise the shipper wars will continue.

Note: Sorry for that suggestion, cotton candy girl. I wouldn't like it either.
              I would not stop watching it eather, althoug I definetely enjoyed season 1 2 3 su much more than the last 2.

Now I watch it more out of curiosity and because im used to it, but I defenitely dont enjoy it as much.
              IMO the high point are Clark and Chloe but other than that, is not as interesting anymore.

Comment

Season 3 was the best season, IMO. The first half, anyway.

Comment

Season 3 was...interesting. The Adam Knight storyline was borderline awful. Least favorite season for me thats for sure.

As for the ratings, it did something like a 4.0...down from a 4.6 they did last week.

Comment

Originally posted by The General
                    I also think people whine too much about the show in general, they complain too much about this and that, instead of just enjoying the show.
                    It could be that people who complain are the die hard fans who really know the show and want it to hit its stride again. I know I complain when things seem to go out of whack, and I'm watching the show every single week. No complaints about Void, though. Pretty good episode. Too bad if people didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                      It could be that people who complain are the die hard fans who really know the show and want it to hit its stride again. I know I complain when things seem to go out of whack, and I'm watching the show every single week. No complaints about Void, though. Pretty good episode. Too bad if people didn't see it.
                      I totally agree with you, I`m one of those die hard fans. (I admit that I have watched each episode at least 3 times) except for season 5.
                      If we complain is because we know the show and it hurts so see some episodes that just hurt.

I`m not very happy with many turns it has taken, but every week I`m there watching it and I will until the last episode.

Comment

No worries. 3-4 Mill will keep it on the air.

Comment

the Clana breakup is not a good reason to stop watching.....very few things would make me stop watching.....

Comment

Originally posted by Uma
                            Now I watch it more out of curiosity and because im used to it, but I defenitely dont enjoy it as much.
                            IMO the high point are Clark and Chloe but other than that, is not as interesting anymore.
                            Yea its the same here for me.
                            I also agree that it has lost some viewers cause some people have lost tracked of the episodes, WB really messed up imo in having new episodes off and on again. My WB broke down Thursday night so I missed the episode, its my damn cable provider! Alot of people have also gotten fed up with the show since after last season. Its the whole back and forth with Clark and Lana and the show does some stupid things: every character has been knocked unconcious at least 100 times and non have suffered brain damage; I've heard many people say its gotten like a soap opera and they dont see the point anymore; and finally Lana probably has the best damn insurance in the country and she's probably the highest paid waitress in the country for that matter cause she seems to total a new SUV every week and get a new one the following week.. how does she afford one in the first place!

PS. Can anybody tell me where I can get a detailed - semi detailed summary of last week's episode?

Comment

The low ratings are probably a result of how horrible Hypnotic was the previous week. That episode was downright awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎