Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Explanation to Clark's Injection of K.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Explanation to Clark's Injection of K.

You may question: "how can Clark even survive the injection of Kryptonite right into his bloodstream?"...."Shouldn't he be dead?"...or "how can his death neutralize the kryptonite in his system????"

I think what they meant to explain was that 'death to revival' neutralized or eliminated the K in Clark's system.

When Clark is brought back to life, all traces of injuries and what not disappear. It is some instantaneous rapid healing and regenerating of his molecular structure.

I think what they're trying to imply (what they can't fit into limited time episode) about kryponite [specifically in the bloodstream] is that it needs a living kryptonian organism to have damaging effects, but once the organism (Clark) perishes the effects of the K perish as well as if the organism was never there. That is the rule most people don't know of.

Conversely, Kryptonite on Planet Krypton has no damaging effects on living Kryptonian organisms ON Planet Krypton. So therefore, these strange effects of Kryptonite we see on Clark can be the result of Earth's unexplainable effect on Kryptonite (Although they possibly can be because of Krypton's environment and the fact that it has a red sun). These reasons can also be compared to the fact that Kryptonite in the rock form only begins to glow when Clark is near it (watch your episodes carefully; as they don't glow with humans).

The REVIVAL explained...

So does that make Clark virtually invulnerable? Or ultimately, a true immortal now that he could live through his so called deadly Kryptonite? No...not necessarily...

Johnathon "pushed" him back to life. This is something by means spiritually explainable...so yeah I think the K possibly could have killed him had it not been for JK pushing him back to life. But then again Supes is pretty strong, so the liquid K could also have been less concentrated than other forms since the med student who created it messed with its subsistency.

(SORRY GUYS: I am one of many MASSIVE Comic book and Superman nerds and fanatic!)
    Last edited by j-kent; 04-07-2006, 03:20 AM.

Awesome point, just awesome.

Comment

good point

Comment

The injection didn't make any sense to me. We've seen Clark survive explosions, hit by buses and cars, run through fire and protect people from bullets with his hand and body right? Then how is it a tiny needle can penetrate his skin? Wasn't there also a scene where a pair of scissors were broken when someone tried to cut his hair and he had to pull some out when they weren't looking?
        Last edited by voytek; 04-07-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Since there was kryptonite in the needle getting it close to him made him week and vulnerable. Therefore the needle could penetrate his skin.

Comment

Originally posted by asparks
            Since there was kryptonite in the needle getting it close to him made him week and vulnerable. Therefore the needle could penetrate his skin.

Eh I guess. Thanx for the response though.

Comment

Yes, that is the idea the writers wished to convey: that when Clark died the Kryptonite "vanished" and he revived sans active element.

But yeah, in general, Smallville's explanations of Clark and his interactions with Kryptonite have been absurd and varied in ridiculous proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuui
                Yes, that is the idea the writers wished to convey: that when Clark died the Kryptonite "vanished" and he revived sans active element.

But yeah, in general, Smallville's explanations of Clark and his interactions with Kryptonite have been absurd and varied in ridiculous proportions.

Actually, what I had explained was kryptonite and more specifically K in the bloodstream of Superman in general. The writers almost if not have it right on the spot. The big thing people should question is how he could have been revived.

But I offer my explanation in the first post above.

However there is only so much we could say to this because it is fictional. It is not as if we could test his physiology...it is all make-believe.

Originally posted by voytek
                Eh I guess. Thanx for the response though.
                He is correct. There was K in the hypodermic needle. Kryptonite weakens the density of Clark's molecular structure. Hence, his skin can be penetrated just as any mortal. Kryptonite is virtually his only weakness (besides magic).
                Last edited by j-kent; 04-07-2006, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Good explanation!

Comment

interesting

Comment

cool thought man...

Comment

Perfectly stated...

Comment

there were other times when Clark's skin could be penetrated because of his exposure to some K effect. 'Fever' is a good example.

'Devoted' also shows him getting beat up and cut up because of the K in his system.

Comment

I also have a theory of the K-Matter. Besides chloe's half-@$$ explination from TPTB.

There's no way for Chloe to be able to figure it out Scientifically. She's a reporter NOT a scientist and she certainly didn't do any Experiments to prove that happened in Clarks body.
                            The BEST EXPLINATION that Chole would have said is that according to Lance's notes his K-serum losses it's effect after it interacts with living tissue. (like discharging its effects to the living body then it becomes inert and Clark's body could have sweat it out.)
                            http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...59#post2013159

My theory in the SV-Kryptonite is : the K-rock ABSORBS power from Kryptonians that's why it Glows around Clark and inert when there's no Kryptonian around, by itself it's dormant, which also explains why it Activates when electric strikes occurs.[list=1][*]CRYSTALLINE = The atomic structure are ordered symetrically to absorb More of the "K-energy". Hence Deadly to Kryptonians and their body can't expell it naturally.
                            e.g. Episode #5-7 'Splinter' silver-K.[*]SOLID = Naturtal or Refined it just shows the amount of K-element available and it's density. (# of atoms per square)
                            e.g. Episode #3-3 'Extinction' & Episode #2-12 'Insurgence'.[*]AQUEOUS = Lesser K-atoms in a liquid form cause they are losely packed and spaced out. There fore Less able to absorb depends on the dilution and other chemicals it has to interact.
                            e.g. Episode #3-19 'Memoria' & Episode #4-4 'Devoted'.[*]GASEOUS = Possibly LESS Harmful to Kryptonians cause they have a High energy state already, Hence can't absorb "K-energy" that's why It doesn't affect Clark cause Chloe is radiating the "K-Energy".
                            e.g. Episode #3-18 'Truth'.[/list=1]K-rock on Earth give it's various effects cause of the diffrent energies it absorbs. Either thru Chemicals, Light Energies, Mystical forces, etc...

Yup i believe JK is the one that revived Clark to fix this plot mistake.

Slows the show down if they have to do that maybe Law&Order SV /SmallVille or Law&Order DP(DailyPlanet) will fix that plot hole of yours.

Last edited by RedQ; 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎