Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Void?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't like this episode.Well,every episode when Lana is in the center is waist of energy and time(my own opinion by the way).The only good thing about this episode was to see Johnathan Kent again.

I have a question:how come the needle was able to enter Clark's heart?That thing was supposed to broke or bend in the impact of Clark's skine(is he the young man of steal or not?).
    Last edited by Sweetie; 04-13-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Any episode focusing on lana lang is a waste of time. Get over the dead parents already wow. She's more obsessed with the past then Lex. I so hoped that Lex would shoot her when she was stealing from him in the mansion.

Comment

I actually liked this episode, I thought that KK did a good job.
        Her being that desperate was pretty unbelieveable and that whole student id hacking thing was pretty dumb.

I do not like the idea of Martha and Lionel.

Comment

This one definitely grew on me the second time around. I thought it was okay the first time, but this time you can see all the things they were setting up for that happened up thru the finale.

I really enjoyed it this time and thought KK did a really nice job.

Comment

I thought it was subpar, to much Lana not enough Clark. The girl is what 19 now shouldnt she no longer be so obsessed with her dead for 16years parents? I know loosing a parent is hard, but I feel she should have atleast moved on a little bit over the past decade and a half. It seems like the writers just pull out her parents when they are desperate for a plot. And I still dont get how Clark came back from the kryponite in the chest thing, I mean when he got shot with the Kryptonite bullet he was almost dead, yet this junk gets in his veins and he comes back from it. I know he explained it to Chloe but it went by so fast i didnt catch it. As for Marth and Lionel, whenever they come on the screen together I just turn the channel. Then again i tend to do that with anything about Martha Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
              I didn't like this episode.Well,every episode when Lana is in the center is waist of energy and time(my own opinion by the way).The only good thing about this episode was to see Johnathan Kent again.

I have a question:how come the needle was able to enter Clark's heart?That thing was supposed to broke or bend in the impact of Clark's skine(is he the young man of steal or not?).
              The needle didn't break because the Kryptonite in the death chemical weakened Clark, which allowed the needle to penetrate into his body.

Comment

i loved it to when lana and clark talk just before he dies and how he threw that dude and lana didn't ask any questions how he did it also great sceen with clark i'm surrprised he didn't say `son you have to be careful'

his dad i mean

Comment

Lilian and Jonathan made the episode very interesting! I just realized Lex's dark glove, OMG!!! I hope he will wear it near the end of the show!^^

I enjoyed the moments in Honduras. I had been very disappointed of how "Hypnotic" had turned, with barely 30% about Brainiac/Lex and 70% about Clana and the Hypnotic thing.
                  Last edited by Darkcook; 03-16-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry but,this whole episode made me laugh! I mean a bunch of people on crack (but,it's not really crack) and dying for like 5 minutes just to see people who are already dead??? CREEEPPPYYY and not the best premise...

Comment

• This episode was terrible.I only liked the pa kent part.The plot was weak and it seemed like it was a gaphole between Hypnotic and Fragile

Comment

• Bleh. This was really quite a pathetic excuse for an episode. Sure, I liked the Clark/Jonathan and Lex/Lillian interactions, but everything outside of those two scenes (and just watching Chloe's beautiful face) was just plain bad. Lana takes the break-up so bad that she's willing to risk her life, turn herself into a junkie, and have near-death experiences repeatedly just to see her dead parents? Blah. At least Chloe and Clark figured out that Fine was still alive. I'll give this... 2 deadly injections out of 10, and will hope this episode falls right back into the dark "Void" from whence it came.

Comment

• On a second (third?) viewing of this episode I didn't hate quite as bad. The whole "killing drug" plot was still uncomfortable and I still hate how Lance died but I do find some redeem-ability with this episode. Clark/Jonathan and Lillian/Lex were both done well just like Jeff pointed out but I just wished the A plot didn't make me uncomfortable. I'll give this one a 6/10.

Comment

• This was an even worse episode than "Hypnotic", and that's saying a lot. It's amazing how Smallville had two constructive terrible episodes back to back.

I didn't like that Lana promptly turned into an addicted junkie right after she and Clark broke up. Lana is one of my least favorite characters, but even I think she's better than this tripe! For her to to do this... it just makes her entire character look so weak and overly obsessed with the past.
                            She's better than this, yet the writers keep on treating her as a weak, flat character.

The only thing that was even remotely good was Jonathan Kent and Clark's scene.
                            Last edited by Aurora Moon; 04-26-2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Not a very good episode and it did Lana no favors. It presents her as so fragile, that she starts doing drugs, just because a boy broke up with her. If I had any interest in the Clana relationship, this would've killed it for me. Like I said, she started doing drugs because a boy broke up with her (and she felt alone). When Clark later re-enters a relationship with Lana, this issue is in her baggage. A constant threat that if Clark ever breaks up with her again (or departs from her life), she might start engaging in dangerous behavior again. Forcing him to stay with her, no matter how he feels himself.

The episode treats Lana as a plot device, to get Clark to where the writers want. They needed a way for Clark to speak to Jonathan's spirit. So, Lana got addicted to a death drug. After Clark's spoken to Jonathan, Lana makes a miraculous recovery (Despite being depicted as being hooked on this stuff, desperate to do it again, the whole episode), never relapsing (which is always a real-world concern, with addiction. There is a reason for why it's called "recovering drug addict", regardless of how long someone has been clean).

She doesn't need therapy or support groups to deal with the issues, that led her down this path. Instead, she gets herself a new boyfriend in the next episode. A new safety blanket (so, she won't be alone), rather than dealing with her obvious problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎