Ep 1.18 - Something Wicked

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep 1.18 - Something Wicked

Talk about the episode here.

Sam and Dean battle a Shtriga, a creature who sucks the life out of children.

Hmm, can Shtriga possibly related to the death of their mother? After all, part of the summary I read online also said that it's the creature that tried to kill Sam before.

"Sam and Dean must face an evil witch from their past to save the lives of young children. But, just how powerful is the Shtriga, and will it again try to take Sam's life as it did when he was a child? "

Either it can be linked to the death of Mrs. Winchester, or something happened to Sam in his childhood when something was already on the hunt for him.

Comment

i think that episode was pretty good. pretty creep with that thing coming back from the dead. it was cool they had a flash back thing with dean and how he screwed up and sam almost dying. its nice to see a bit more back story about why the boys are the way they are.

Comment

Great episode. Jensen and Jared have a great brotherly chemistry, and it's to see some thier past , post the mother's death

Comment

I liked this one alot. The Sam Dean chemistry is great.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It was great to see some flashbacks as to why dean is the way he is. ...

Wow Smallville and Supernatural were both really really good tonight..Two great hours of tv.....CSI was also really good. It was a Greg focus episode which was awesome!

Comment

This episode rocked! It is probably one of my favorite episodes of the season! I liked everything about it especially the old lady. "I've been sleeping with my peepers open, and turn that darn crucifix over will you?"
              he he he great episode!

Comment

Originally posted by red-K glory
                This episode rocked! It is probably one of my favorite episodes of the season! I liked everything about it especially the old lady. "I've been sleeping with my peepers open, and turn that darn crucifix over will you?"
                he he he great episode!
                Good episode, one of my favorites.
                "I've been sleeping with my peepers open."
                I loved that part, the crazy old woman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleaddict15
                  I loved that part, the crazy old woman!!!
                  I loved Dean's reaction. He faces hell beasts on a regular basis without flinching. But the crotchety old lady almost gave him a heart attack. I especially loved the way he put his hand over his face, like he was trying to calm down after she freaked him out.

Comment

I like most everyone else on the board loved the brotherlylove and backstory. I especially loved how dean and that little boy michael shared a connection the way they did. It was such agreat episode and it really showed the brotherly side of dean and sam.

Comment

I know this may not be the place for it, but does anyone know what the name of the Ozzy song that was playing at the end of the episode? I checked the music section here but that thing hasn't been updated since February.

Comment

i dont know but u should ask in the FAQ section its a couple threads below this one

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                          I loved Dean's reaction. He faces hell beasts on a regular basis without flinching. But the crotchety old lady almost gave him a heart attack. I especially loved the way he put his hand over his face, like he was trying to calm down after she freaked him out.
                          I loved that too! Especially when Sam was still laughing about it later and Dean is all "Its not funny! I almost shot that old bat."

The backstory was nice too, poor Dean. Their father should never have left them alone, not only could evil stuff attack the kids at any moment like the Shtriga did, but real life stuff like... I don't know, what if Dean or Sam's appendix suddenly needed to be removed, or one them fell and broke a bone, or choked and needed cpr, or Sam got bratty and ran off on Dean and then got snatched by a pedaphile?! Bad bad parenting!

Comment

Sorry this wasn't stickied sooner... Just away to watch the episode just now.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                              I loved that too! Especially when Sam was still laughing about it later and Dean is all "Its not funny! I almost shot that old bat."

The backstory was nice too, poor Dean. Their father should never have left them alone, not only could evil stuff attack the kids at any moment like the Shtriga did, but real life stuff like... I don't know, what if Dean or Sam's appendix suddenly needed to be removed, or one them fell and broke a bone, or choked and needed cpr, or Sam got bratty and ran off on Dean and then got snatched by a pedaphile?! Bad bad parenting!

That's very true, but you have to remember just what the guy was going through. He'd seen his wife, somehow pinned to the ceiling /w an abdominal wound of some sort, burst into flames. And at that point, he became hell-bent on finding his wife's killer and other evil spirits/supernatural things of its kind.

One would think he would leave the kids with Missouri or another type who could watch after them, but maybe he hadn't met Missouri at that point or didn't know anyone he could trust? Another theory could be that if he felt that the evil things he hunted wanted revenge, they'd go after Sam/Dean. If Sam/Dean were with someone else, who didn't know how to protect S/D and themselves, he'd be putting even more lives at risk - not to mention not wanting people to know what he's doing. Just a thought.

I also think it helps drive the point home as to why Dean always follows orders and is always so protective of Sam, while trying not to show it. Also why he opened up to Sam in Shadows (I think it was) about wanting to stay together. He doesn't want to stop fighting the evil, even after they avenge their mother's (& Jessica's) death - and he knows that without Sam (or his dad), he won't be able to do it alone.

Whoa... sorry for the long ramble.
                              Last edited by SVfan26; 04-07-2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎