Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.18 - Something Wicked

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I see why he did it, even though I may not necassarily agree, especially since he did have the pastor to watch them. I can see how being a father he thought maybe this was a chance to treat his sons like men or soliders by leaving them home alone/hotel alone and all the responsiblities that go along with that...

But what got me was Dean said "Dad never looked at me the same after that." It wasn't Deans fault!!!! He shouldn't have been put in that position!!!! How can he not see that!! Oh well, I guess he wouldn't be Dean if he didn't blame himself for that.

Comment

I thought little Sam was so cute! I think Sam looks better in a suit. I liked the part when Dean was telling Sam he wasn't confedent enough and just turns Sam around and Sam delivers his line. His ID card said something like "bikini inspector" lol. And then Sam turns to Dean with the smile still on his face and then it jsut drops...

Comment

Originally posted by Commonman
        I know this may not be the place for it, but does anyone know what the name of the Ozzy song that was playing at the end of the episode? I checked the music section here but that thing hasn't been updated since February.
        Road to Nowhere, it's off the album No More Tears.

Comment

I saw this on the repeat last Thursday it was so good!
          I loved delving into the past and seeing the boys as kids (Dean was so whipped by Sam there! All Sam had to do was pull out the puppy eyes and Dean totally gave in! heh.).
          And yeah, maybe Sam needs to realize just what Dean has done for him and how much he has given up to protect his little brother.
          Loved the bikini inspector scene (although found it interesting that it wasn't Dean flashing the badge--I know it was funnier the way they had it but it would have made more sense to have Dean do it, I think) and the whole "kill me now" bit.
          And it does totally explain WHY Dean is the way he is when it comes to his father.
          Also, as I watching the Sthriga go after Sam (note, it did not try for the kid a second time, it went for Sam instead) I thought "huh. is it going after Sammy because of his powers or because it never got to finish him off?". I personally think it's his powers. I mean, that mus tbe why alll these things go straight for Sam. To the Shtriga Sam must have seemed like a buffet!

Comment

You know, most of the time on TV, things are very black and white when it comes to fathers. Either they show how much they love their kids by being as perfect as Ward Clever, or they are just bad dads who don't seem to care about their kids at all.

"Something Wicked" showed that it is possible for a dad to love their kids, but to not always make the best parenting decisions. Because, in real life, even parents who love their kids more than anything else in the world (like John) can make huge mistakes with them (like John).

That's what I love about Supernatural. They could've just made John a hard-ass, who only really cared about hunting, and didn't really seem to care about his children at all. But, instead, they made him a more interesting and complex character than that. He is a hard-ass. But there's never any doubt that he loves his sons.

Comment

Originally posted by charmedgirl999
              I thought little Sam was so cute! I think Sam looks better in a suit. I liked the part when Dean was telling Sam he wasn't confedent enough and just turns Sam around and Sam delivers his line. His ID card said something like "bikini inspector" lol. And then Sam turns to Dean with the smile still on his face and then it jsut drops...
              That was funny

I really liked this episode. You understand Dean's loyalty to his father even more... at least Sam does... great one, probably a favorite of mine...

Comment

I just re-watched this episode, and it was amazing!

Comment

Another great episode! Can I just say I have now watched the first 18 episodes of Season 1 and the standard of writing has got better and better with every passing episode. Love Dean's taste in music as well. Plus 'maybe we missed something'. haha love that line.

Comment

I'm watching this episode right now and it is just totally captivating.

It's like MAN. There is nothing like S1 episodes. They are just brilliant.

For the first quarter of the episode they played this super creepy background music. It was piano and like really.....melancholy and just plain eery. It was just the perfect background music for them coming to this town where all the kids are in the hospital.

Oh and then they go to a scene where Sam and Dean are having this discussion in the hotel room and the whole time, half of Sam's face and neck are sort of in shadow because the motel room only has a few lamps to light it.

MMmmm...it was just so beautiful and atmospheric. I love how realistic the S1 episodes are shot.

*sigh* I miss them.

Comment

And refering to my last post.....it seems like everyone's all "IT HAS TO EVOLVE!!" but I have to ask myself, have we lost too much in the process??

One of the more amazing scenes of the episode. sad....deep music is playing in the background

Michael: If you kill it, will Asher get better?
                      Dean looks back towards Sam, swallows, then turns to Michael
                      Dean: Honestly....we don't know.
                      Michael: You said you're a big brother....
                      Dean: Yeah.
                      Micheal: You take care of your little brother?? You'd do...*pause* anything for him??
                      Dean's voice comes out low and rough
                      Dean: Yeah...I would.

AWESOME.

Now I can see why they would have gotten rid of the classic rock, but not the other music. I mean none of that music was well known in this episode but it was so meaningful and fitting for such a somber subject. And the way the music and noise changed even as the Shtriga advanced on Sam and started to suck his life force out.

It was insane, the amount of attention they put into it. I just don't see that AT ALL in the newest season. The music and noise changes in these early episodes were so invested in and that is why the episodes came out richer and seeming higher quality.

I just don't know how that would save them money to give up their attention to the musical aspect of the show. Finding the right mood music, that fits particularly to the scene and what is happening. At what point did they decide that it was no longer important??

I mean how the HELL do they think SPN has held on this long?? It's because these gut wrenching, beautifully executed first seasons grabbed our hearts. The music and the lighting and the tone are things that are important to us. Not extra side characters and sex scenes.

I gotta point out that it just struck me as funny. Dean considers himself such a 'cool cat' and so not the kid type, but the guy is so caring he would probably be embarrassed if he saw himself interact with Michael. The care and patience with which he explained what was going to happen. When he asked him gently "Have you ever heard a gun go off?", Michael answers and Dean says carefully "It's a lot louder than the movies." I was just like Dean you are too cute! And he was assuring him that they would not make any shots until he was under the bed.

He is a softy and a caretaker more than anything.

AAAHH. And when Michael and his mother drive off to the hospital, the boys turn towards each other over the top of the impala and CUE THE CLASSIC ROCK. They hop in the car and there's a growl of her engine and it's just perfect.

Comment

This episode was also good.Liked the plot,how dean feels responsible about sam and i liked the kid.

Comment

This episode was good.
                          Sam was watching Thunder Cats!!!

Comment

Nice episode about the brothers.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎