No announcement yet.

I don't get it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GooN
    i see, but what if u hit him with a baseball bat? surely he will hurt his head...maybe even some braindamage.
    Gee, I wonder why superman never thought about that?

Comment

wow GooN is so smart. thanks for the info though muffinpeddler

Comment

i see, but what if u hit him with a baseball bat? surely he will hurt his head...maybe even some braindamage.
        oh that was funny, Ive had a few beers but still, that tickled

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
            I don't think many of you truly realize how hard Brainiac is to kill. He transported himself and the ship halfway across the world instantaneously. He never "Died" since he is a construct made up of some sort of Kryptonian nanotechnology, perhaps even being a "Remote probe" for the ship. If you're assembled from liquid or really tiny robots, you reform, you don't die unless all of your parts have been destroyed. In the comics he teleported his mind from his body on Colu into Milton Fine's on Earth, galaxies away! he has body jumped into Lana and Pete's son Clark, Lex's daughter Lena, his "Brainiac 2.5" robotic body, and integrated his intelligence with a self reforming Warworld and bonded himself to the energies of Imperiex. He was dropped into the big bang, had his consciousness scattered over 60 Trillion light years and STILL brought himself back together. In addition, since he's such a prominent and well known Supervillian, I doubt DC will let him perish in Smallville. He'll be locked in the Phantom Zone at best.
            I think Fine & the ship are 1 and the same. The ship obviously has AI, which is brainiac/Fine. The entire ship can probably turn into as many Brainiacs as are equal to its mass/matter. Maybe the ship is actually the central data collection area and central brain of Brainiac. One thing is for sure and that's how Lana pointed out how it feels like liquid when Lex took her to it. Notice how Fine assembles himself from that liquid goop. That liquid is (probably) not just stuff the ship oozes out to create Fines, but is part of the ship and what the ship is made of. So as it lets out more Brainiacs, the ship decreases in size (as you stated).

pal-el pointed out that the ship may be the key to stopping him. I think he is absolutely correct in saying that. Notice how the ship is always hidden and how anyone who encounters it is either chased away or killed (except for Lex and Lana, whom Fine thinks don't pose a threat). I think those white crystals from the FOS are the key to stopping it. He must be trying to hide it from Clark at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision

pal-el pointed out that the ship may be the key to stopping him. I think he is absolutely correct in saying that. Notice how the ship is always hidden and how anyone who encounters it is either chased away or killed (except for Lex and Lana, whom Fine thinks don't pose a threat). I think those white crystals from the FOS are the key to stopping it. He must be trying to hide it from Clark at all costs.
              Thank you.

I think your right being that something in the fortress can destroy or reprogramme the ship/brainiac (maybe).

I also think we will see that happen in the coming episodes of season 5....

Comment

I think Fine & the ship are 1 and the same. The ship obviously has AI, which is brainiac/Fine. The entire ship can probably turn into as many Brainiacs as are equal to its mass/matter. Maybe the ship is actually the central data collection area and central brain of Brainiac. One thing is for sure and that's how Lana pointed out how it feels like liquid when Lex took her to it. Notice how Fine assembles himself from that liquid goop. That liquid is (probably) not just stuff the ship oozes out to create Fines, but is part of the ship and what the ship is made of. So as it lets out more Brainiacs, the ship decreases in size (as you stated).

You may be right. Although i prefer the seemingly immortal Brainiac, the SV version has already proven quite different and his downfall could be the destruction of the ship. I will say though that I believe the nanobots are so tiny, they look and feel like a liquid, IMO.

Comment

*ahem*

I believe I was the first to point that out

I doubt that SV's version of Brainiac will get the same treatment as the comic version. They won't let a major villian arc, to not be tied up in the end.

I mean he wanted to free Zod, making him look like one of his minions. I mean how hard would it be to kill Clark with Kryptonite everywhere and possessing the same abilities as Clark with no weakness. I think Brainiac's gonna die at the end of the season for good, killed by Clark either by A: die after freeing Zod or B: failing at the new virus.

Comment

Sorry about that. I don't think Fine will die. Clark may destroy the ship while Fine is seperated from it and it will lead to only 1 Brainiac--Milton Fine. I read a post regarding him getting trapped in the Phantom Zone. I think the possibility for that is good.

And going back to my idea about Clark staging it so that Lex sees him (disguised or in a blur) leaving the ship to kill any suspicions about himself being special and to associate an alien he believes to have been waiting in the ship as Superman (in the future). I had this idea from before Hypnotic aired:

Now it seems like they may be heading towards this direction. Fine did start poisoning Lex's mind about a possibility of alien life in that ship and how it may be very dangerous. To add to my theory, I think they may have Fine trap Clark in that ship so that the world can blame him for the virus. I don't know, but I'm excited to see what will happen.
                    Last edited by xrayvision; 04-03-2006, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal-el
                      Thank you.

I think your right being that something in the fortress can destroy or reprogramme the ship/brainiac (maybe).

I also think we will see that happen in the coming episodes of season 5....
                      When I read this my first thought was that Chloe woud be involved in this someway.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher4
                        When I read this my first thought was that Chloe woud be involved in this someway.
                        Well your probably not wrong as Chloe was the one who said: " You really should get hold of that thing Clark" in Solitude, but it had gone by then

Chloe rocks.

Comment

I still wonder what Clark had in mind in that episode when he said "...or I have a much bigger problem" referring to the spaceship after he checked the warehouse and didn't find it. I think he knew that Fine and the ship are related (1 and the same). He's been busy with all kinds of stuff since then, but he should start looking for it soon if this is a much bigger problem as he said.

Comment

I love love love James Marsters and so far I have loved Fine but I was just bored with him in this episode. Then again I was just bored with this episode.

Comment

I actually found him to be very interesting with this virus thing and what he's telling Lex. He's starting to lay groundwork that can be used to make Lex seperate Clark from Superman (Lex should equate this alien that Fine spoke about as Superman). Hopefully something will happen that Clark enters the ship and leaves disguised to help trick Lex.

Comment

an Avatar of the the ship. Why did the ship had to Teleport? they could have done the

1st Shower to avoid the re-entry burn.

They could have made it Cloak instead and Blow the warehouse up. so it would look like the ship flew away in the guise of the explosion.
                                Originally posted by auxvis
                                Professor Fine was just Kryptonian AI from the ship...that is what died in the FoS. This incarnation is just the ship spitting out another (or in this case, several) more versions...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎