Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings

Hey does anyone know how well supernatural did last night in the ratings with the first show on the new day. I hope the show did well??

Discuss all Supernatural ratings here!!!

Comment

yellowqueen nice job on reorganizing the forums!

Comment

Thanks!!! I hope you all enjoy!!!

Comment

ya the new forums for supernatural are nice and you dont have to search through everything to find stuff.

anyway back on topic where would we find the ratings for supernatural. would they be on the cw site. i have no clue cause whenever i see smallville ratings its always on the news page.
          Last edited by superhippie2000; 09-13-2006, 05:14 AM.

Comment

You can generally get ratings at http://www.mediaweek.com/ (usually a day after the episode airs are the overnights ... the next Tuesday we get the final numbers from MediaWeek).

Overnights/Fast Nationals Ratings for Supernatural 09/28/06:
            3.0/ 4 (#4)
            Total Viewers: 3.81 million (#5)
            Adults 18-49: 1.6/ 4 (#4)
            [Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/a..._id=1003188137]

Total Viewers, Final Numbers: 3.93 million viewers
            [Source: http://abcmedianet.com/pressrel/disp...l?id=100306_09]

[Note: Smallville's final number for total viewers was 4.96 million, meaning the retention rate for Supernatural was just a hair off 80%.]

Not too shabby, considering the hellish competition (Grey's, CSI) ... and they actually got MORE viewers than the finale last season ("Devil's Trap" got 3.82 million).

ETA: Whoops, have to correct myself. Apparently, 3.82 million was Devil's Trap overnights ... the final numbers were 3.99 million.
            Last edited by ScrappyTheOwl; 10-04-2006, 03:27 PM.

Comment

The CW’s Supernatural capped off the hour with a last-place 2.6/ 4 in the overnights, 3.70 million viewers and a 1.6/ 4 among adults 18-49. Considering the severity of the competition, retention for Supernatural out of Smallville of 72 percent in the overnights, 75 percent in total viewers and 73 percent among adults 18-49 was not bad. And both Smallville and Supernatural posted growth from one week earlier. (From www.mediaweek.com)

SN did pretty well last night and was up from last week (as was Sv). Not too shabby considering the competition!

Comment

This came from http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/a..._id=1003315873 about "Simon Says":

The CW’s Supernatural, which like lead-in Smallville is down year-to-year, capped off the hour with a last-place 2.8/ 4 in the overnights, 3.67 million viewers and a 1.7/ 4 among adults 18-49. Comparably, that put retention for Supernatural out of Smallville at 76 percent in the overnights, and 77 percent in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

So it seems like Supernatural is holding its own and retaining a lot of viewers from Smallville, and considering the competition, that's a good thing. I know they're comparing the stats from last year, when SPN was on the WB, so I'm not surprised that the numbers are lower... The CW being brand new and everything.

Comment

So any new news with ratings?????

Comment

yeah, i'm very curious about the recent ratings...to be honest i thought supernatural was going to be gone by now because of the competition it's up against on thursdays.

Comment

ya not sure about ratings sop if anyone knows from the last cuple of weeks let us know. i know they could be higher but not sure if they got boosted up recently or not.

Comment

Well, the last few weeks (since returning from hiatus) we have been averaging about 3.3 - 3.4 million, with about 70% retention out of SV. However, last night was not good I have no idea what happened, but Born Under a Bad Sign only pulled about 2.85 million viewers. Now, SV was down also (to about 4.7 million) and that always affects us, but we were way below where we have been and our retention out of SV was down to about 68%. Who knows what happened. Maybe people decided to watch CSI for Grissoms return (their ratings were up over 2 million from last week) or they are watching the OC seeing as how the big finale is coming up soon. Whatever the reason, I hope the ratings rebound next week. Its a shame too because last nights epi was so good.

Word of mouth, guys!! We have to get people to tune back in!

By the way, these numbers come from Marc Berman at Media Week.

Comment

ive been getting a lotta people into spn lately !!! i thought the ratings would be better this week cuz of all the hype with sammy.

Comment

Smallville was about the same according to the news page here...well WTF is up with the SPN ratings come on people, its awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                              Smallville was about the same according to the news page here...well WTF is up with the SPN ratings come on people, its awesome!!
                              Smallvilles demos were the same as last week, but the overall veiwers was down just a little (by about 15,000 or so I think). Antime SV has a decrease so does SPN, but that small loss week to week for SV does not seem to acount for SPN huge drop!!

I just wish there was some rational explanation for what happened last week. I had heard that OTH was preempted in several cities this past week thus leading to their own low ratings (around the same as we got) so I am wondering if SPN was preempted also. Anyone know?

Regardless, let's just hope that things rebound next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎