No announcement yet.

"The One" for Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The One" for Clark

I really didn't like how they wrote the story for who Clark would potentially end up with. For more than 4 1/2 seasons, the writers pushed to make us believe Lana was Clark's true love. They made so many freakin' episodes teasing us about their future together. The most notable one was Reckoning where we finally got a chance to see the proposal and their happiness together.
    Why would the writers just scrap that all up and make Martha say that Lana probably isn't "the One?" Clark still remembers when he proposed to Lana and how much love they felt for each other at that time, so he should've still been in deep love with Lana even now. I just don't understand the writers...

Clark only proposed to Lana at the time because he was afraid of losing her to Lex. That doesn't mean that he thinks she's the one. Martha's logic is that if Lana couldn't accept Clark for who he is then she's probbably not the one he's meant to be with. And in reality, Lana probably wouldn't be able to accept the fact that Clark caused her parents' death (something that she didn't find out in "Reckoning").

Comment

here is my point :

Martha is not the only parent who said Lana may not be the one , JK said she might not be the one and they both picked up of the Tension between Lois and Clark from Season 4 to the Present Day

Comment

The one for Clark is not cause Lois is Lois its cause she accepts his abilties and doesn't care hes not human. If anyone loved him and knows what he can do , accepts that and is told by him its that Clark can trust that person. Lois doesn't even marry him the first time or second time he proposes to her but she still loves him for who he is and never uses the knowledge against him.

This is why Lana will never be his soulmate cause she hunts for the truth about him and hounds him about things she should not unless hes ready to talk about them.Lana shouldn't care how he does things or save her but remember he goes out of his way to help her and love him for that not ask 20 questions , she even relies on him to save her but show no or little thanks for it. Lois thanks him as seen in : facade and recruit. Lois doesn't even care in Blank when she sees his strength.

Comment

Lol shes waiting for 5 years now and shes willing to wait longer as you can see in Hypnotic.And she accept who he is if you have viewed Reckoning.And Blank? hm didnt said Chloe "Lana is the love of your life" even when Lois was in the picture?And again Reckoning JKīs "we couldn't imagine Clark spending the rest of his life with anyone but you".I think Al/Miles playin with our minds until the series ends i think.

Comment

Im going to go out on a limb and say 99.9% of the viewers know that Clark Kent loves Lois Lane eventually. So I think that tptb went on that and thats why they can tease you with Clark and Lana when everyone knows that Clark ends up with Lois.

Comment

The way that scene went, Martha might as well have had a picture of Lois.

Comment

Well Clark is SUPPOSED to be with Lois. Everybody knows that. But the writers make too many instances showing how Lana is "the one." It gets annoying. I mean teasing would be instances where the viewers know for a fact that Lana cannot be the one for clark, but the writers went beyond that and made us believe that Lana could be his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Ymmij
                  Well Clark is SUPPOSED to be with Lois. Everybody knows that. But the writers make too many instances showing how Lana is "the one." It gets annoying. I mean teasing would be instances where the viewers know for a fact that Lana cannot be the one for clark, but the writers went beyond that and made us believe that Lana could be his wife.

But the fact is Clark does end up with Lois and everyone knows that so teasing that Lana is the one is irrelevant since she obviously isnt. Your not supposed to believe that they are going to end up together unless you have no knowledge of the Superman myth so they are showing you why Clark doesnt end up with Lana.

Comment

I'm new to this site so let me first say Hi.

I think that the problem is how the writers have decided to focus on hinting at the future of Clark and Lois. Yes we all know that eventually that is who Clark ends up with but that is suppose to be in the future. he doesn't even hook up with Lois til he' s what in his late twenties or early thirties. Smallville was suppose to be about Clark before all that.

Besides they have changed the history of Clark/Superman so many other times on this show but for some reason they can't for the Clark and Lana story.

Has for Lana not accepting Clark and his powers, her saying yes in reckoning proves that she can. Clark just refuses to give her that chance because I think he's afraid of having to deal with her knowing. And for those of you who are big Lois fans, She falls in love with Superman and his powers not Clark Kent. That was one of the biggest reasons that he had a hard time revealing the fact that underneath the cape he was Clark Kent. Once Lois found out, she stayed not because he was Clark but because he was still Superman.

Comment

I think that Martha and Jonathan are just catching up on the fact that Clark keep on making excuses for not telling Lana. They think that if he really cared about her he would tell her already. Clark told Pete because he wanted to keep his friendship, but he seems to keep putting it off when it comes Lana.

Comment

Ok she accepts Clark but after what 4? 5 hours thinking about it? She herself told Lois when she ask her if she would feel different about that person cause his secret and she answer that maybe it would.
                        That proves that Lana wasnīt sure about marrying Clark maybe if she hadnīt died in the first reality with the time a week maybe 2 she would realise that she canīt handle that and her fears about the aliens and all that stuff will come back to her life. And maybe we had seen that scene "Scare" againg

Comment

It was Clark that told her to think about her answer. If someone just told you that they were from another planet and then followed it with a proposal you might want to have some time to digust that too. Has for the "maybe" Lana gave, it could have meant anything. Maybe it made her understand him more. love him more who knows because the writers didn't play that out completely. The simple fact is once she said yes that meant she accepted his secret. Of course some feelings would change, he's an alein for god sake, but her love didn't.

Comment

Lana didn't find out everything in "Reckoning" so we don't know how she'll feel when Clark tells her that he caused her parents' death.

Comment

all Iīm saying she had not enough time to think about it and she rushed saying yes

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎