Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was just flat out mean!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

But puddinpiester, hate can be consuming and unsatisfying. Ask someone who brokeup or divorced if they ever really got over the "hate". You don't hate the person but how it made you feel and revenge begins its strong pull.
    If Clark wants it to be over, then stay the hell away from Lana. If you think Lana's road is easier because she has Lex, then Clark has a better, stronger friend in Chloe and a mother who cares, tho last night I hated her help. If Clark loves her he should have worked for her love and if he wants her to move on, then let her hit the road. Love can be blind and Lana got blindsided, again.

Comment

My opinion:

Over the last 4 episodes, it seemed like they were breaking up, but never quite did. I know from my own 19-year-old experience (and some of my friends' experiences at that age) that with a "I still love you but..." break-up, the "I still love you..." keeps you coming back for more and you can't let go. Clark really couldn't say how he really felt. Lana wouldn't take that seriously. Harsh, yes, but it will propel them both forward.

Lana and Lex: Lana has a whole different perspective on Lex than Clark and Chloe do. She has a relationship with him. He's been nice to her in many ways and even though he's done some things she sees as questionable, she does not recognize the evil in him. She trusts him. If Clark were to tell her his secret, and also tell her about the evil Lex, she would have to take a lot of time to absorb that and then make her own judgment of Lex. In the meantime, she may betray Clark, or be manipulated by Lex to betray Clark, or just be caught between them in a really uncomfortable way.

It's the nature of her relationship to Clark and Lex that puts her in the position to be in danger. And I am not talking about the car accident. I believe the car accident had absolutely nothing to do with the whole "she knows and is in danger" thing. It's about Lex and what's in Lex's head.

I get Clark. I get why he worries about Lana at the hands of Lex. I get why he had to break it off in such a final way. When Lana called him before she got creamed by the bus, it made Clark scared that she would be in a difficult, vulnerable, and unpredictable position with that information.

I also believe that he realizes, deep down, he may not be able to trust her with the secret given her weakness for Lex.

Rant over.

Comment

Fly by guy, you are right that hate can and usually is all consuming. Hate can last a lifetime. I've some experience in this area. I also know that hate can drive you to be better than the person who caused you to hate. I am not advocating hate as a good thing. It is not. But it is something to fill a void. For me, emptiness is tougher to deal with than hate. Clark appears t be pretty empty to me right now. Two of the people he loved the most are out of his life. For good as far as he knows.

The trouble is that Clark does not want it to be over between him and Lana. He just feels he has no choice.

No, that she has Lex is not why I think her road will be easier. I think the truth will eat at Clark a longer time and will gnaw at him more deeply than Lana's hate. Hate is pretty palpable for some people. And as such, might be easier to address. Lana doesn't have to deal with the what ifs and the what could have beens. Clark spared her those wounds. Regret can be more incapacitaing than hate because you're always thinking in the rear rather than into the future. Can't see a future if you keep looking back.

Guess I getting too involved with fictional characters. Tender spot for me.

Comment

even though i do not like the whole clana relationship i do believe it was a bit harsh for clark to dump lana the way he did but it was necesary.. i didtn even realize their relationship was still going on after reckoning.. so this epi made me understand but yea.. their relationsihp was doomed to fail if he wasnt ever going to tell her but yea it was harsh the way he did it.. i do agree marthas comment was very interesting..

Comment

I see it now;
            2012, Superman comes to the forefront as the lead protector of Metropolis and Earth.

Few months later comes the tell all book SUPERDICK! The not so nice truth about the Man of Steel by Lana Lang.

Published by Lexcorp books!

-cs™

Comment

marthas comment was basically saying, now that lanas all pissed of at you she's going to go do something "we" will regret. not only clark but the people around lana as well. as usual clark didnt realize his actions have consequences and he did this w/o thinking anything through

Comment

Re: That was just flat out mean!

Originally posted by Happy Random
                Is any body else ticked about the way that they ended the Clana?!? I mean I have gripped about the Clana and have been kind of waiting for it to end, but Clark was just a butt!! I mean how could he do that to her?!? I like Lana as a character and that was just the most awful way that they could have ended her relationship with Clark. Please post your opinions. *Happy Random goes off into room with punching bag to cool off*
                Completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by puddinpiester
                  It was a bit harsh. Lana is hurting profoundly. She will cry. She may do something to hurt Clark either intentionally or unintentionally. But, she has a chance of coming to grips with her sadness. She can choose to accept the break-up and on get on with her life, like Clark told Chole she deserves to do. She may wonder why for a long time, but that question will grow unimportant with time. However, Clark knows the truth. He knows that he still loves her very much. He knows he is responsible for their ultimate break-up. He knows he caused her much pain. He has to live with the lingering questions, "Did I do the right thing?" or "What could have been?" or "Will she be OK? Finally safe?" He also knows that she would have accepted him and his secret. It's really gonna be difficult for him, knowing all this, to "get on" with his life. And when Lana hooks up with Lex, Clark not only will be jealous, but he will, and rightfully so, fear for her safety. I actually think that Lana may have the easier road ahead, of the two. Clark is hurting. But, doesn't have hate to help him get over it all, like Lana. Hate can expand to fill a pretty big void. Hopefully, Lana will go through the grieving process smoothly and overcome her pain and her hate; something tells me that will NOT be the case. My heart hurts for the both of them.
                  This was really nicely said. It is what it had to be, but sad for both.

Comment

OHHH WELL...

we all know and should expect Smallville writes up some pretty dramatic twisty ends to the way of the superman (or superboy) mythology.

In the more upside mythology of the comics, I believe Lana finds out or Clark tells her his secret, maybe both...and they mutually end their relationship as they split different paths in life. Lana always loved Clark, at least for quite some time, but always protected his secret.

I believe Martha would be right in saying that Clark knew Lana just wasn't the one. Even though there were lies with Clark that were truly apparent. I think Clark realized her prying of his secrets gave her a whole side he didn't like. With all friends of Clark, they know he has many mysteries...such as Chloe...yet she said in the premier of the season that she figured Clark would "tell her when he's ready".

Although Clark's logic is a bit hazy, it's there. This forcefulness of his secrets that Lana has is something close to Lex's habits. Maybe Lana is more justified to be that way because she's his girlfriend, but still Clark is going to feel how he wants, and would probably only tell Lana his secret when he's ready- which is never in Smallville- because he knows Lana is not the one...
                    Last edited by j-kent; 04-01-2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• 100% agree with you on the writing staff j-kent. It seems like the whole writing staff has gone off the deep end with the Clana relationship. The show was better when they stayed closer to the upbeat mythology of the comics. According to the mythos Clark and Lana are a couple of small town kids from Kansas who will always have feelings for each other.

I hope TIIC get back on topic and off their own agneda. The relationship will not be over until Lana finds out Clarks secret, tells him she understands why he hides it, and realizes he is not her's to have.

Comment

• maybe if Clark was a little smarter and told her about Lex seting her and the Kents up in Mortal to test him or about the clark room or about what Lex did to AC She won't go to Lex anymore.
                        I have actually never thought about this, but this is indisputably an excellent point. Clark definitely should have let Lana know (preferably early in the season) that Lex was the one who orchestrated what happened in "Mortal". I don't feel their is any legitimate reason for him to NOT have told her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fly by guy
                          Agreed, the kids are out of school and are supposed to be maturing. Clark himself has grown from a little acorn into a complete nut. That's growth?(heavy sarcasm)

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by pags3223
                          I completely agree. When Martha talked about Lana having reason to hate Clark (which is true) but then using it to do something they would all regret troubled me a little. Lana has every reason to hold a grudge and never speak to Clark. However, to deliberately act against him in any way would be wrong, and is more a reflection of Lana's character than what Clark did.
                          Who died and made Martha Cassandra? She talks out of her butt more than anybody on this show. Lana would not deliberately act against Clark.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by mobiusklein
                          She has the right to be very angry with him but if she decides to figuratively "slash his tires" to get back at him then she's in the wrong. She needs to eat some ice cream, cry her little heart out and deal with being a single girl but I know that's not going to happen.
                          Not with Lex circling like a vulture. Lex has been actively undermining Clark and Lana since the season started. Simone was his last ditch effort.
                          Last edited by Raistlin; 10-02-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎