No announcement yet.

That was just flat out mean!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
    But I think the coubterpoint is valid. Why not do the opposite? WHy not tell her the secret and have them eventually end as good friends? Why the "I don't love you" lie?
    That's a good point too.

Comment

he told her, 2 hours later she was road pizza

he's not going to tell her. She can't hide things from Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
        How do you be nice about a break-up? Especially in a relationship thats perpetually going up and down, and coming apart, and getting back together, and coming apart? How do you break that cycle? The first thing he said to her was "my feelings have changed", it was Lana that forced the "I don't love you anymore" part, and thats because that is what she NEEDED to hear in order to move on. He then tried to be nice about it, and apologize, but she didn't want to hear it. Which is fine. He'd rather she be angry at him, hate him, and be able to move on then for her to hanging on to something with him that isn't going to go any further.
        You do have a point. But it didnt have to be such a cruel break up. Clark couldve just told Lana he would always love her in some way, but he didnt believe they were going to have a future together. I guess its just because TPTB like their angst and put it into everything on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
          How do you be nice about a break-up? Especially in a relationship thats perpetually going up and down, and coming apart, and getting back together, and coming apart? How do you break that cycle? The first thing he said to her was "my feelings have changed", it was Lana that forced the "I don't love you anymore" part, and thats because that is what she NEEDED to hear in order to move on. He then tried to be nice about it, and apologize, but she didn't want to hear it. Which is fine. He'd rather she be angry at him, hate him, and be able to move on then for her to hanging on to something with him that isn't going to go any further.
          I think that what she needed to hear is the truth. Seriously, that break-up could of been a lot less painful if he had just bucked up and told her his secret. And, as I put before she probably would have accepted him and eventually let him go so that he can fulfill his destiny. That is how it was in the comics and I think that that is how it should have (and could have) gone in this show, but oh well. You can't always get what you want I guess.

Comment

But I think the coubterpoint is valid. Why not do the opposite? WHy not tell her the secret and have them eventually end as good friends? Why the "I don't love you" lie?
            Because TPTB don't want to make anything simple. Plus, if she knew the truth about Clark, then this whole Lexana thing would never happen, and sadly, that seems to be the only thing that TPTB want to see happen right about now. Brainiac will be a topic next episode and then he'll probably disappear until the last two episodes or something. That is the time when TPTB want this Lexana thing to play out.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              Because TPTB don't want to make anything simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal'sGirl
                he told her, 2 hours later she was road pizza

he's not going to tell her. She can't hide things from Lex.
                She was also almost road pizza again even without knowing the secret.

Look at Chloe. The girl doesn't even break a nail over the secret.

Because TPTB don't want to make anything simple. Plus, if she knew the truth about Clark, then this whole Lexana thing would never happen, and sadly, that seems to be the only thing that TPTB want to see happen right about now.
                I agree. Without this debacle, Lexana wouldn't happen.

Comment

exactly why he can't tell lana. She can't lie to lex. They have a weird connection

Comment

Because TPTB don't want to make anything simple. Plus, if she knew the truth about Clark, then this whole Lexana thing would never happen, and sadly, that seems to be the only thing that TPTB want to see happen right about now. Brainiac will be a topic next episode and then he'll probably disappear until the last two episodes or something. That is the time when TPTB want this Lexana thing to play out.
                    Very true

Comment

She was also almost road pizza again even without knowing the secret.

Look at Chloe. The girl doesn't even break a nail over the secret.
                      That's because Clark and her are not in love. If they were in love, then Lex wouldn't be such a moron and press Chloe more about what happened in the caves when she slammed him into the wall. Instead, it's as if that never happened and Chloe is in the clear. He can only put the things involving Lana together, ie. Reckoning. You'd also think that Brainiac would target Chloe in his quest to get Clark because he knows that she knows Clark's secret. Brainiac shouldn't just go after Lex or else he's an idiot too. He can easily use Chloe as his pawn as well.

Comment

The Clana is broken up, but the issues are still there. The break up didn't do anything, except propel Lana towards Lex. How can Clark be so...so...ugh...so Clark-like?

Why lie to her like that? Why make her hate him?

I knew that the Clana wouldn't last, but I wanted them to remain friends.

I don't know how this Clark is going to be superman. Isn't it about time that he grow up. Chloe can't be his voice of reason forever.

Comment

exactly why he can't tell lana. She can't lie to lex. They have a weird connection
                          I think that the reason that Lex got all physic in Reckoning was because A) he was drunk and B) he saw Lana's ring and since he was all drunk and freaked out it caused Lana to panic and he saw that as a 'oh she knows something about Clark' which wasn't what Lana was freaking out about at all.

Comment

well he did try to go on and it would probably sound a little nicer, and she wouldn't let him. and she did ask him to do it, so he did. wat can i say. the boy does what he is told.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Random
                              I think that the reason that Lex got all physic in Reckoning was because A) he was drunk and B) he saw Lana's ring and since he was all drunk and freaked out it caused Lana to panic and he saw that as a 'oh she knows something about Clark' which wasn't what Lana was freaking out about at all.
                              Reckoning is really the episode that screwed this show over. Since Reckoning we have been getting nothing but filler material when it comes to Lex, Clark and Lana. The ship, Lionel and Brainiac have been the only non-filler material that we have seen since Reckoning.

Comment

Honestly, breakups never end great. I don't know why people think it was so cruel for him to break up with her the way he did yet most of the people here moan and groan about clana and say you can't wait for them to be over. How else was he supposed to break up with her? If he told her his secret, she could die! If he didn't say anything then their cycle would still continue. Clark had to end it the way he did. Lana can finally move on and from the ending of the episode, it looks like Clark is kind of moving on as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎