No announcement yet.

That was just flat out mean!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadowcat20x
    It was incredibly mean. As Chloe said - He crushed her. I love Clark but what a FREAKIN IDIOT.
    Definitely!

Comment

umm, she broke up with him and all he said was 'I don't love you anymore'

what's harsh about it?

Comment

Clark is a moron.

Comment

My Avi speaks for itself.

Comment

I thought he made a bold choice to push Lana away, and help her get on with her life. Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is anyway. Lana sort of broke up with him in Reckoning, and he didn't hate her. Then they got back together sort of, but neither one of them has been happy and they have both acknowledged it wasn't working. Is a break-up really that much of a shock to Lana?

I think Clark did what he had to do to break what had become a very destructive cycle. For both of them.

And Lana's already has a back-up guy.

Comment

Yes but did he really have to totally crush her to do it? That is what bugs me, I knew that Clana would end at some point but this was just.....

Comment

The title of the thread says it all...mean.

Comment

what was he supposed to do?

He tells her his secret- lex finds out- he (being LEX LUTHOR) finagles the secret out of her and possibly kills her in the process.

He doesn't tell her and they continue this torturous dance.

OR

He pushes her away to save her. He GRANTS HER JUSTIFICATION not to pine for him. He MAKES SURE she doesn't try to patch things up with him.

That wasn't mean, that was selfless. He loves/cares for this woman to his core.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
                    My Avi speaks for itself.
                    So it does.

I agree. It was mean and an unecessary way to end the relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by attitudejc
                      i think for him, he had to do it a bit harsh. and also, if he said "i still love you, but we can't be together" lana wouldn't give up. i think that she would try and try and try until she knew exactly why they couldn't be together.
                      I just don't think that he had to be that cruel though. I think that if he had chosen the other route and told Lana his secret that she would have understood and done what her counterpart did in the comics, which was just to let him go and fulfill his destiny but deep down still always love him in a way. That is just what I think

Comment

How do you be nice about a break-up? Especially in a relationship thats perpetually going up and down, and coming apart, and getting back together, and coming apart? How do you break that cycle? The first thing he said to her was "my feelings have changed", it was Lana that forced the "I don't love you anymore" part, and thats because that is what she NEEDED to hear in order to move on. He then tried to be nice about it, and apologize, but she didn't want to hear it. Which is fine. He'd rather she be angry at him, hate him, and be able to move on then for her to hanging on to something with him that isn't going to go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Random
                          I just don't think that he had to be that cruel though. I think that if he had chosen the other route and told Lana his secret that she would have understood and done what her counterpart did in the comics, which was just to let him go and fulfill his destiny but deep down still always love him in a way. That is just what I think
                          Gosh that's beautiful. *sniffles and reaches for a tissue*. If only.

Comment

what about Lex? him being such and evil person. Sending a strange woman to break up Lana and Clark. but at the end Clark did it offically.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                              How do you be nice about a break-up? Especially in a relationship thats perpetually going up and down, and coming apart, and getting back together, and coming apart? How do you break that cycle? The first thing he said to her was "my feelings have changed", it was Lana that forced the "I don't love you anymore" part, and thats because that is what she NEEDED to hear in order to move on. He then tried to be nice about it, and apologize, but she didn't want to hear it. Which is fine. He'd rather she be angry at him, hate him, and be able to move on then for her to hanging on to something with him that isn't going to go any further.
                              Actually...you make a good point.

Comment

But I think the counterpoint is valid. Why not do the opposite? WHy not tell her the secret and have them eventually end as good friends? Why the "I don't love you" lie? That's not the ONLY route to take. Lying to her is not the only way to break the cycle.
                                Last edited by cotton candy girl; 03-30-2006, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎