No announcement yet.

That was just flat out mean!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was just flat out mean!

Is any body else ticked about the way that they ended the Clana?!? I mean I have gripped about the Clana and have been kind of waiting for it to end, but Clark was just a butt!! I mean how could he do that to her?!? I like Lana as a character and that was just the most awful way that they could have ended her relationship with Clark. Please post your opinions. *Happy Random goes off into room with punching bag to cool off*

Yeah, I was kinda mean, but in his own way it was just Clark being Clark. It's the same old, "I have to protect her, can't keep hurting her" thing.

But, Martha's comment at the end was interesting. There may also be a part of Clark that was just ready to move on, saw an opportunity to do so and took it.

Either way, it was a bit harsh.

Comment

Way too harsh. The Superman I know would not have deliberately hurt her AGAIN like that. I know Clark is not this Superman, but could he be any dumber? The threat of the car accident is over. Tell her, you moron. I felt the writers did a half assed job of breaking up Clana, and they should have let it end with some dignity.

Comment

yes but clark is not superman yet is he. he still superboy

Comment

Originally posted by muffinpeddler
          Way too harsh. The Superman I know would not have deliberately hurt her AGAIN like that. I know Clark is not this Superman, but could he be any dumber? The threat of the car accident is over. Tell her, you moron. I felt the writers did a half assed job of breaking up Clana, and they should have let it end with some dignity.
          Amen to that muffinpeddlar!!

Comment

I think it was way out of line!! He leads this woman on for five years, only to totally ripe her heart to pieces with, drum roll please, a stupid and irresponsible LIE. He should feel ashamed of himself. WTH were the writers thinking!!?? It should of ended mutually and with both of them wanting to be friends in the end.

Comment

clark never lead anyone on lana knew who he was when she got with him so her hands aren't as clean as some make them out to be.

Comment

Umm... Yes he did. He was all googly eyed with her since the beginning, and doing weird things to try to get her to like him as well. She stalled her feelings for him for the longest time, because she didn't want to get hurt. Then when he says "no more secrets, no more lies.." she felt that he was honest and totally let him in. Although, you are somewhat right. Both of them played a role in this break-up, but I think it was more so due on his part.
                Last edited by kryptohag; 03-30-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The sadest part of this is that we won't even get Clois for a while. After the way that he broke up with Lana she is not going to want to have anything to do with him, which she flat out states to Chloe when she first finds out about him and *grrrrr* Simone. He is going to have to shape up if he and Lois are ever going to get anywhere.

Comment

The conversation at the end that Clark has with his mom is very interesting. She is so right when she tells him he gave her a reason to hate him. Not really thinking this whole thing through now is he?
                    Chloe tried to tell him to think about it etc. , but once again his reasoning just makes me go "huh?????"

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyKrypto
                      The conversation at the end that Clark has with his mom is very interesting. She is so right when she tells him he gave her a reason to hate him. Not really thinking this whole thing through now is he?
                      Chloe tried to tell him to think about it etc. , but once again his reasoning just makes me go "huh?????"
                      I agree. His logic really is out there... I hope that next episode gives Lana a reason not to hate him. It defiantly won't fix everything, or stop Lexana but hopefully they can still just be friends.

Comment

i think for him, he had to do it a bit harsh. and also, if he said "i still love you, but we can't be together" lana wouldn't give up. i think that she would try and try and try until she knew exactly why they couldn't be together.

Comment

Which will probably happen anyway after Lexana gets botched up.

Comment

It was incredibly mean. As Chloe said - He crushed her. I love Clark but what a FREAKIN IDIOT.

Comment

It was harsh, but necessary. If Clark hadn't told her he didn't love her then Lana would still be with him and could potentially get into danger. He had to do something to end it once and for all and the only way he could was by telling her he doesn't love her. It was for her own good. Clark would rather have her hate him than be in possible harm, which is pretty selfless. Lana may not understand it now, but I have no doubt in my mind that she will by the series end.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎