Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel sorry for Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I do feel bad for her. He sort of just dumped it on her all at once.

Comment

When Clark became human, he thought he had a perfect opportunity to finally be with Lana. Despite the love he has for her, he probably would not have entered into this relationship if his alien status hadn't changed. He also stopped lying to Lana in Reckoning - but found out that, by telling her the truth, he would be putting her life at risk.
      Are you saying that if Clark ever decides to tell Lana, events will always play out like it did when she had died in the other timeline? That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ferd
        Yeah. At the end of Reckoning she said she they needed a break, and then now all the sudden it's a big shocker that they're splitsville? Please.

Their days have been numbered for years, I don't know why everyone is in such shock. It was so obviously a doomed relationship from the start.

As far as this dignified break up everyone thinks they deserve... Weren't we served that up in Reckoning? Haven't we seen them do the slow motion "it's over" walk out of the barn thousands of times?

Was it the "I don't love you" that made it so harsh? Did she not ask him to say that?

Was it Martha's knowing "maybe she's not 'the one'" bit that did everyone in.

As I said, I don't recall ever experiencing a pleasant or 'dignified' break up. They are hard, sad, hurtful, and unpleasant. You say mean things, and you cry. But one day, you'll wake up and move on and look back on it as a stepping stone in your life. Yes, he loved her, but she is not the love of his life. She is not the one. And I guess it's sad to have that said so bluntly.
        I agree with this completely. I really think Lana had it coming. She's been pretty hard on him. Going behind his back twice, ready to hop on a plane with Lex to Honduras, in Reckoning leaving him at the election party to go give comfort to Lex. Clark did the right thing, if she's not the one, then end it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsmallville_obsessedX
          I feel sorry for Lana and Clark. They're relationship has been screwed up from the beginning.

I feel horrible for Clark for having to keep his secret and protect Lana. BUT, when in all reality, Lana would completely understand if he exposed his true self. HELLO, doesn't Clark remember how she took it when you told her in Reckoning? She was completely fine with it. Yes, I understood he didn't want her to die, but he could have just saved her from the accident the second time around. He's so set on not telling Lana to protect her. Does he not realize that Chloe's in danger too? But, he really doesn't act like he cares about that. If he wasn't going to tell Lana his secret, then he should've ended it a long time ago instead of feeding her secrets and lies this entire season after he said he wouldn't, and that was hard for me to say, being a die hard Clana fan and all.
          Yes, Lana accepted Clark when he told her his secret but the big problem is not with Lana knowing his secret. The big problem is with Lex realizing that Lana knows. As soon as he saw the engagement ring Lex knew that Clark had revealed his secret because Lana had made it clear to Lex that she could never committ totally to Clark unless he came clean with her. Clark figures this out and knows that he can not put Lana in that position again. The only way that he can come clean with Lana is if there is no future between the two of them or else Lex will know. That is why Chloe is not in the same kind of danger knowing Clark's secret. She has no romantic relationship with Clark, is not close to Lex, and has not complained continuously to Lex about Clark lying to her.

So essentially, Lana unknowingly doomed her own relationship with Clark when she became a confidante of Lex. This is not really Lana's fault because at the time she started confiding in Lex he was a better person, but she should have been a bit more careful talking about Clark considering Lex's not so well concealed obsession with Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by enamored
            Yes, Lana accepted Clark when he told her his secret but the big problem is not with Lana knowing his secret. The big problem is with Lex realizing that Lana knows. As soon as he saw the engagement ring Lex knew that Clark had revealed his secret because Lana had made it clear to Lex that she could never committ totally to Clark unless he came clean with her. Clark figures this out and knows that he can not put Lana in that position again. The only way that he can come clean with Lana is if there is no future between the two of them or else Lex will know. That is why Chloe is not in the same kind of danger knowing Clark's secret. She has no romantic relationship with Clark, is not close to Lex, and has not complained continuously to Lex about Clark lying to her.

So essentially, Lana unknowingly doomed her own relationship with Clark when she became a confidante of Lex. This is not really Lana's fault because at the time she started confiding in Lex he was a better person, but she should have been a bit more careful talking about Clark considering Lex's not so well concealed obsession with Clark.
            An excellent post. It couldn't have been said better. You hit the nail right on the head.

Comment

fair enough i agree with all that.....but clark and lana are both adults now (or supposed to be?) Clark had the added bonus of knowing what the consequences of telling Lana his secret and all.

With all this information....im sure Lana and Clark could have continued being happy together, Lana could have "confided" in Lex, and told him how she has accepted Clark over time....with their relationship on the rocks, and suddenly jumping into marriage, an idiot wouldn't get suspicious let alone Lex right? so if Clark told it all to Lana, not propose, play it cool for a while, sooner or later Lex would lose interest in their relationship and/or mess things up with Lana along the way being the sort of person he has become....there are other ways of dealing with this problem, which is why i didn't buy this whole end of the relationship....the problem is, because it's season 5 now, i think the writers themselves were gettin tired of it....and it would have been nice to see Lana show some substance in all of this and work with Clark to secure their happiness, with no suspicion from Lex, if that IS what they really wanted for 4 and a half years....its not as if Lex can't be manipulated, hell his father has been doing it for years!

Comment

Originally posted by GooN
                With all this information....im sure Lana and Clark could have continued being happy together, Lana could have "confided" in Lex, and told him how she has accepted Clark over time....with their relationship on the rocks, and suddenly jumping into marriage, an idiot wouldn't get suspicious let alone Lex right? so if Clark told it all to Lana, not propose, play it cool for a while, sooner or later Lex would lose interest in their relationship and/or mess things up with Lana along the way being the sort of person he has become....there are other ways of dealing with this problem, which is why i didn't buy this whole end of the relationship....the problem is, because it's season 5 now, i think the writers themselves were gettin tired of it....and it would have been nice to see Lana show some substance in all of this and work with Clark to secure their happiness, with no suspicion from Lex, if that IS what they really wanted for 4 and a half years....its not as if Lex can't be manipulated, hell his father has been doing it for years!
                In order for what you're saying to work, Lana would have to stay away from Lex and show very minimal interest in being his friend. Even with that, Lex may think that Clark revealed info and the secret may be part of it. As we saw in the night in Reckoning, as long as Lana went to Lex, she would be doomed to get into the accident (whether or not Clark stopped it).

I think the best way to solve this is for Clark or Clark & Chloe (maybe even Lois) to expose Lex to the public and make everyone get disgusted with him (Lana included). Something like this won't probably happen until the end of Smallville when Lex leaves and goes to Metropolis.

Comment

I havent watched the show in a while and I will never feel sorry for her!

Comment

I fault Lana somewhat for talking to Lex about Clark behind his back. From the conversations between Lex and Lana, when Lex says "How many times have you come to me because Clark was hiding something" -- it's not a good reflections on Lana. It makes me think she's running to Lex all the time to complain about Clark, to talk with him about whether Clark is different. Bringing Lex Clark's medical records just shows how far she had gone in talking to Lex about Clark. It's isn't good. And although I do feel sorry for Lana because she is clearly heartbroken, I think she's been using really poor judgment in dissing her boyfriend to another male on a regular basis. I won't say "disloyal" -- but it's very close.

Comment

• So essentially, Lana unknowingly doomed her own relationship with Clark when she became a confidante of Lex.
                      I am sorry I do not buy that Lana was unknowing. Anyone with a pulse could figure out Clark is the good guy. Lex is the bad guy. Go be friendly with bad guy and good guy won't trust you. Wasn't there tons of evidence that Lex did not have clark's best interests at heart and Lana knew something about it. I would love for Clark to be happy with Lana, Chloe, Lois, or whomever. I only wish the character good times. But as I said before, once Lana threw her her time to Lex, I do not feel sorry for her. I feel that Lana does not understand why being friends with Lex would only upset Clark. Clark sees Lana going to lex for support and that is a sign, "Hey this ain't the one, Because the girl who really loves me would never spy on me or befriend the enemy.".

Comment

• Good posts, jimmyolsenblues and watchingsmallville, spot on.

Comment

• omg i have always been a fan of the clana nad for clark to do this is insane i mean kristin kreuk (lana) is gorgeous i would date her if i had the chance and if i was gay lol. but what clark did to her was low and wrong .i mean why doesnt he tell her his secret already he did once and she accepted it so y the hell is he so afraid to do it now he could protect her and she would know why he does the things he does. Ugh Tom Welling (clark) ur so damn hott its hard for me to say that u make stupid love choices

Originally posted by All about Clark
                          I agree with this completely. I really think Lana had it coming. She's been pretty hard on him. Going behind his back twice, ready to hop on a plane with Lex to Honduras, in Reckoning leaving him at the election party to go give comfort to Lex. Clark did the right thing, if she's not the one, then end it.

no beacause if u have ever been in love then u will realize that love can put u through the biggest obstacles of ur life. lana tries to seek comfort in lex because he is always trying to manipulate her into thinkin that he is a great guy that does no harm. but in may occasions lana has seen that lex only wants her for.... but clark really shows that he loves her. but not all the time that is his mistake he needs to tell her the truth and if she really loves him as they both claim to do clark will tell her she would be ok with it and theyll be happy because lex is only trying to split lana and clark so that lex could get lana to make that dream of his come true
                          Last edited by lanaclark1; 04-05-2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                            I am sorry I do not buy that Lana was unknowing. Anyone with a pulse could figure out Clark is the good guy. Lex is the bad guy. Go be friendly with bad guy and good guy won't trust you. Wasn't there tons of evidence that Lex did not have clark's best interests at heart and Lana knew something about it. I would love for Clark to be happy with Lana, Chloe, Lois, or whomever. I only wish the character good times. But as I said before, once Lana threw her her time to Lex, I do not feel sorry for her. I feel that Lana does not understand why being friends with Lex would only upset Clark. Clark sees Lana going to lex for support and that is a sign, "Hey this ain't the one, Because the girl who really loves me would never spy on me or befriend the enemy.".
                            I agree with you completely. Clark never does anything but try to save the people he loves, and when he lies, he lies because of that reason and that reason alone, making himself miserable while doing it. Talk about selfless. And Lex? Lex lies because he wants to achieve his stupid petty human things like power and money and knowledge and what not. Lex lies for himself, while Clark lies for others, that's the difference between their lies.
                            And hello, other than that, just look at what Lex has done. Clark is selfless and tries to see the good in everyone. Lex doesn't care for other people's lives as long as it gets him what he wants. How on earth can Lana be mad at Clark for not being truthful and trust Lex at the same time? How can she possibly believe that Lex is the better of the two? If she really thinks that, then breaking up with her was the best thing Clark ever did, because she sure as hell doesn't deserve him.

Comment

• I will never feel sorry for Lana.

i can't feel sorry for Lana, I don't feel sorry for Lana. I feel more sorry for Clark than i do Lana or Lex because of what they keep putting him through with all that disrespect and all that ingratitude along with their double standards and unrealistic expectations. Clark had to put up with a lot of crap from Lex and Lana over the years. Lex never had Clark's best interest at heart, he had always envied him for having everything he didn't have with Lionel. He had always used Clark as his emotional crutch, always putting the weight of his psychological burdens onto his shoulders ever since the day on the bridge where Clark saved him in season 1. Lana never really understood Clark and never trusted him. She was always convincing him to trust her without giving him her own explicit trust. Lex and Lana has always been putting all the blame all on Clark's behavior instead of taking responsibility of their own behavior. And Clark is getting tired of being on the receiving end of their mistreatment and their criticism. And their hypocrisy.
                              Last edited by laurarawlins; 12-04-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎