Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel sorry for Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point is, that after years of waiting for these two to be together, they break them up like this? He has to lie to her face and tell her doesn't love her after lying to her for 5 years? Yes break-ups are hurtful, but so many of us agree that after years of waiting for them to finally be in a relationship for more than 2 episodes, I think some dignity is merited; some honesty is merited.

Comment

So is the main boiling point is that she never knew his secret?

I think it's a splitting hairs thing. I think he loves her. But I don't think he's in love with her.

I think his mom hit the nail on the head when she said he's been holding back for a reason. He has a lot more to worry about with life then just his girlfriend. His destiny is much greater than most. I think he has been burdened for sometime by his feelings and worries about Lana. I think he had to end it to be able to find peace. It just got to hard, and loving someone shouldn't be that much work.

EDIT--Holy disappearing posts Batman! Where'd you go CCG?
      Last edited by ferd; 03-30-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

well, i think that it sucks that their over ... cuz i dont want lana n lex to hook up... lex is a lier n wanted to hook up wit lana even before they broke up... so i hope clark n lana will hook bak up i know yall want them to end but i just like them when they r together?? does any body think they will hook bak up or is it just me???? answer pleaseeeeee

Comment

To me it's not that this breakup is a shocker, it's just the whole let me give her a reason to hate me now. It seems like he can't just let her go, he still needs to some how be a part of her life in a sick twisted kind of way

Comment

Lana has been screwed over way too much in her life.

Comment

Originally posted by ferd
              So is the main boiling point is that she never knew his secret?

I think it's a splitting hairs thing. I think he loves her. But I don't think he's in love with her.

I think his mom hit the nail on the head when she said he's been holding back for a reason. He has a lot more to worry about with life then just his girlfriend. His destiny is much greater than most. I think he has been burdened for sometime by his feelings and worries about Lana. I think he had to end it to be able to find peace. It just got to hard, and loving someone shouldn't be that much work.

EDIT--Holy disappearing posts Batman! Where'd you go CCG?
              Sorry; I wasn't happy with what I wrote, Ferd, lol.

I'll repost:

For me, well not so much that. What makes me mad is that he looks her in the eye, knowing he still loves her, and lies to her. Why can't they both just realize that they're not right for each other? Why have him lie to her again in the break-up? And why have Lex involved with breakup at all?

I think she'll find out the secret anyway, and he'll come clean.

EDIT: I see your point.
              Last edited by cotton candy girl; 03-30-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I agree with you on the Lex bit. The triangle plotline REALLY bothers me.

And given how they've created Lex I so don't buy into that he would want Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyKrypto
                  To me it's not that this breakup is a shocker, it's just the whole let me give her a reason to hate me now. It seems like he can't just let her go, he still needs to some how be a part of her life in a sick twisted kind of way
                  If he told her he still loved her, her next question would be then why can't we be together. Which leads to him having to tell her his secret, or just breaking up with her for seemingly no reason which would drive her crazy and still pining for him and not to mention STILL waiting for him to come around him, none of which he wants for. He wants her to be able to move on to someone who can give her what she wants and needs

Comment

I understand your pain. It hurts to love something so much and watch it painfully be dismantled. Trust me, I understand.

Comment

I just want Clark and Lana to at least be friends, not have her hate him this way, but that's just me. Thanks for feeling my pain though *sniffles*.
                      Last edited by cotton candy girl; 03-30-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

If you love her let her go and lie to her... or TELL HER THE TRUTH YOU BIG IDIOT!

CK's pops died because of the whole Jor-el thing... don't you think he can like... tell her and she'll have a better chance of living without the worry of the big curse.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickBlonde
                          If he told her he still loved her, her next question would be then why can't we be together. Which leads to him having to tell her his secret, or just breaking up with her for seemingly no reason which would drive her crazy and still pining for him and not to mention STILL waiting for him to come around him, none of which he wants for. He wants her to be able to move on to someone who can give her what she wants and needs
                          I can understand this. But it doesn't mean I have to like it

Comment

My heart really went out to Lana tonight. First with the scene where she sees Clark and Simone, and at the end.

Clark breaks up with her...with yet another lie.

"I don't love you." Man, that was really bad. Something like that really crushes you. TRUST me.

Comment

Wow! I was upset at the beginning as it seemed as Clark and Lana were going strong after the gazillionth breakup but I immediately felt sorry for her after she caught Clark and Simone in the loft.

Also, why do the writers have to depict Clark as a twisted human being. They are perverting the good image of Superman

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                                I didn't feel sorry for Lana because I'm just so tired of the whole Clana rollercoaster and of all of the angst and soap opera drama and the impending doom that is Lexana that I have trouble sympathizing with any of the characters involved. It's just, okay, this is like the 100th time you guys have broken up. Cry me a river, Lana, cry me a river.
                                I pretty much agree with this. In the last few episodes, the relationship has been inconsistent and beyond redemption as far as the way in which it should end. First, Lana says they had their last fight in "Recknoning. Then, in "Tomb", they're still a couple, but the look in Clark's eyes when he sees her suggests his feelings about her are changing. In "Cyborg", again, the way Clark interacts with Lana suggests his feelings are changing. Suddenly, at the beginning of this episode, they're happy and laughing, and Clark breaks things off to spare Lana more pain? Did I miss something?

It would have been better if they really fleshed out Clark's changing feelings for Lana over the last few episodes so that his words this tonight would have been truthful. They could have shown us that the events of "Reckoning" knocked off Clark's "Lana blinders", resulting in a realization that he doesn't love her anymore.

Oh well. I just hope they keep the romance between these two dead and buried so the show can focus on something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎