No announcement yet.

I feel sorry for Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel sorry for Lana

Man... that friggen sucks... she convinces herself she's in love with him... and then she really does fall for him... but he has all the control in the relationship because he doesn't tell the truth...

She even said that she's willing to wait... but I guess it wasn't good enough for CK... I know that CK has his own problems.. but he handles his relationships like a little kid that thinks that a relationship isn't supposed to have any kind of hardships.

I feel really bad for her too, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if he really should have done things differently. Especially after Marthas statement that he may know shes not the one, and his obvious lack of opposition to that statement

Comment

Re: I feel sorry for Lana

Originally posted by djpnutz
      Man... that friggen sucks... she convinces herself she's in love with him... and then she really does fall for him... but he has all the control in the relationship because he doesn't tell the truth...

She even said that she's willing to wait... but I guess it wasn't good enough for CK... I know that CK has his own problems.. but he handles his relationships like a little kid that thinks that a relationship isn't supposed to have any kind of hardships.
      I agree. What a way to break up with her. Look her in the eye and lie to her again.

Comment

Yeah, she might of been even more hurt if it kept going on for a long time.

Comment

This kinda shows how much writers carea bout Lana's character... it's like... just another SMALL piece to the smallville world... even though they try and emphasize the hell outta the love story... I wish they had some depth in the characters than what's given to us.

Comment

i think what he did was right i mean you always have a feeling for your first love but if there not he one and you know it then its wrong to keep them around and lead them on and it's wrong to lie to yourself.

Comment

All it does is show you who the real fool is in this show and it certainly isn't Lana. It is Clark. Lana showed her ability to wait and not pressure Clark, something many people on these boards criticize her of doing. But that is not accurate and today's episode is proof of it once and for all.

Comment

Well, I don't know... I have to admit that the opening of the show confused me. Didn't they kind of break up the last we saw them? And now she's laughing about his dancing and telling him she'll wait? What happened to the "I hate your secrets, Clark?"

I feel like the writers stuck all that in there to make us sympathize for Lana more. Like -- 'oh, she's a great girlfriend. Look what Clark does to her. Watch her break down and cry."

I'm not saying he's justified... I'm just saying that their relationship is kind of schitzo.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                  Well, I don't know... I have to admit that the opening of the show confused me. Didn't they kind of break up the last we saw them? And now she's laughing about his dancing and telling him she'll wait? What happened to the "I hate your secrets, Clark?"

I feel like the writers stuck all that in there to make us sympathize for Lana more. Like -- 'oh, she's a great girlfriend. Look what Clark does to her. Watch her break down and cry."

I'm not saying he's justified... I'm just saying that their relationship is kind of schitzo.
                  Even though you have a point, the writers did it to show that Clark was the fool who couldn't make up his mind and he took Lana along for the ride. He said it himself, he was too afraid to end it, so he ended up lying again to make it easier for himself and not have to confront his real feelings for Lana, which is that he loves her. He figures if she ends up hating him than it would be easier for him to fall out of love with her.

Comment

I do feel bad for Lana. But it's NOT love.

Comment

I don't feel sorry for her, she's gonna hook up with Lex now. *grumble grumble*

Comment

I donŽt fell sorry for her, but for Clark.
                        SheŽll be with Lex now... SheŽs doesnŽt feel so bad, anyway

Comment

Well I think what he said to his mom was his bottom line. He could either lie to her, becasue she wouldn't let him break up with her if he admitted he still loved her, or tell her his secret.

If he told her he still loved her, her next question would be then why can't we be together. Which leads to him having to tell her his secret, or just breaking up with her for seemingly no reason which would drive her crazy and also still pining for him, neither of which he wants.
                          SO I honestly dont blame him. I question to some extent him not telling her the secrest, but if he has his reasons he has his reasons. And like Martha said and like he didn't exactly deny, deep down he knows she's not the one

Originally posted by myankskent
                          Even though you have a point, the writers did it to show that Clark was the fool who couldn't make up his mind and he took Lana along for the ride. He said it himself, he was too afraid to end it, so he ended up lying again to make it easier for himself and not have to confront his real feelings for Lana, which is that he loves her. He figures if she ends up hating him than it would be easier for him to fall out of love with her.
                          I disagree, I seriously doubt he thinks her hating him will make him fall out of love with her. But the milestone here, which I think we owe Clark some credit for is comming to terms with the fact that he can't make up his mind or take her along for the ride anymore.
                          Last edited by SlickBlonde; 03-30-2006, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aloof
                            I do feel bad for Lana. But it's NOT love.
                            The break-up doesn't mean it's not love. She's not the one he will marry, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                              Yeah, I agree with you. Clark's a weirdo and has no business being in a relationship with anyone. What he did was totally wrong and shows that he's really immature.

But, I think that Lana has also done questionable things in the past and has shown an impatience with him throughout their relationship. So, for her to be so caring and patient w/ him ... waiting for him. It just didn't feel right to me. It didn't really seem like the Lana that we've seen for the past five years.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎