2 10.53%

2 10.53%

2 10.53%

2 10.53%
  • 1 (worst)

5 26.32%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by superhippie2000
    i thought the episode would have been better wuith just the brainiac stuff. they didnt really need all the slutyness.
    Amen!

Forum Whiz
    I hate slutty stuff. Let me make that perfectly clear. I see no need to have that type of programing on from 7-8 p.m. central time, when young kids might be watching. Let's keep the kids innocent as long as possible. I no longer allow my ten year to watch SM and I'm thinking about banning me as well. Good interesting shows can be written without nudity, profanity, and sex. And they do not necessarily have to be on the Disney channel. It just requires imaginative creative writing. SV could be such a fun medium to write entertaining shows. So many directions it could go. But noooooooo. We get blond hair gel with an ugly blue jewel being blackmailed by a crazy pervert acting like an adolescent to break up two stupid teens so pervert can claim possession of one of the stupid teens. Did Ileave anything out? Aside from Brainiac. I bet he wants to go play with Angel again.

New In Town
    I loved this episode. I love how they make us wait to see what we want to see. This Lana Clark breakup should have happened a long time ago, but it fit in perefectly tonight. Does anyone else think that Simone is hot? She is. I loved this episode. I love how Milton is setting Lex up for a big fall IMO. I did feel a little gross when Lana went to tell Lex her and Clark broke up. I love Michael Rosenbaum as Lex, but I can't stand Lex. Anyway to sum up I loved this episode. I am willing to let them develope these last five episodes of this season because since they promised Everything You've Waited to See then they have a lot to let us see in the remaining episodes. By the way, When is Clark going to go and finish the training and stuff that Jor-El made him start at the beginning of this season. And also when is Clark going to get a visit from his mother instead of Jor-El.

I actually liked this episode call me "crazy" lol. I liked seeing Prof. Fine hoarding some sort of virus... can't wait to see that play out over the final episodes. Finally Clark and Lana are over though I did question it, I could have swore it was over like 3 episodes before that, hell I thought Cyborg was the final nail guess I was wrong. I enjoyed Chloes involvement story wise. Loved Marthas final advice about Lana not being the one "surprise" I know. We all know he ends up with Lois. The one thing I did hate was the fast explanation from Lex about Clark throwing him across a room, felt rushed <good word? ahh I can't think of one right now anyways I'd give this episode a B-. Oh also I liked the references to the Mayans and Krptonians visit to our planet good continuity stuff always a good thing.

Would have been much happier if the episode had focused on Braniac (and Lex's search for Brainy). The Clark and Lana thing is just tired, and I have to say that I'm tired of seeing them angst out. Shouldn't these kids being growing up?

For me....FORCED is a great way to describe tonight's episode in furthering the plotline of Smallville. I mean, I understand they must move a pace to fit about 22 episodes per deducing season, but the way they are doing is a bit...overwhelming? I don't think breaking up Clana should have been that abrupt. I mean go ahead and break them up, but at least don't do it to make Clark's character an ******* image and Lana degrading as she is with the plotline moving her towards Lex...I mean just let her be...but I guess this is Smallville....anything goes! whatever! so-so episode

Can anyone explain to me why this episode is getting so much hate from the people on this site?

I thought the episode was outstanding.

The Clark and Lana break up was long overdue. I really like the way that it was done too. Clark realized it was the right thing to do. Although the Clana shippers must be really hating life right now considering they waited 5 years for Lana to find out the secret and Clark would rather lie to Lana than tell her the truth. What really cracks me up is how many people were saying they short changed the reveal in Reckoning to serve as a preview for what's to come..

I loved the Lex/Fine subplot. I found it to be extremely interesting and very well done. The ship with the multiple Fine's is very cool. It is always great to see Lex embracing his curious side, because as we all know it is what eventually makes him become who he is destined to be.

I actually enjoyed the hypnotize plot. I thought the actress who played Simonne was extremely attractive which helped, but I really thought TW was on tonight in the role. The way he delivered that line about Lex "Then he's a dead man" was just so perfect. Cracked me up.

While I hate the idea of Lexana, I liked the way they put the spin on it of Martha saying " I hope you don't force Lana to do something we will all regret" like Lana and Lex both becoming evil. That would be interesting to see.

Chloe was great as always. Really liked the references to various types of Kryptonite too.

Gripes I had :

- Why was Lois in this episode? Everytime she is used, it feels forced. There is never a real point to the appearance of the character. She is always just there. Although, she did have a few good lines tonight, and the way Clark knocked her out was funny.

- How in the hell did Lana get to Smallville so fast? Last time I checked, Metropolis was not ten minutes away.

- Lex's attitude about how Clark was able to be so strong. "You are under hypnosis, how else do you think you could throw me across the room?" The whole reason Lex hired Simonne besides breaking Clark and Lana up was because he suspected Clark of being unusual. Then he just casually dismisses it? How many times has he suspected Clark? Hell, has he forgotten how Clark and he met? Also, why in the hell is Lex still defending Clark?

The trailer for next week makes me want to puke. Where do they come up with these lame Lana episode plots. Holly Harold does it again.
    Last edited by vyperman7; 03-31-2006 at 01:08 AM.

KryptonSite Moderator yellowqueen22's Avatar
    Los Angeles, Toronto or Other International Locati
    Originally posted by vyperman7
    Can anyone explain to me why this episode is getting so much hate from the people on this site?

I thought the episode was outstanding.
    I wholeheartedly agree with your review. This was a good episode with substantial plot and character development... and everyone seems to be hating it.

My highlights of the episode:

1) Clark & Lana finallly took action... any action is good... perhaps we can finally gain closure on Clana

2) Chloe was excellent, as per usual

3) Fine was back and had great chemistry with Lex

4) I'm a big fan of Lexana and hoped for it since S1, including the hope that she turns evil... so I'm really liking the way this episode turned

5) The b-plot was strong but able to make fun of itself. Notice Chloe purposely commenting on the ridiculous number of times characters haven't been themselves or lost their memories due to the odities that take place in Smallville.

Hated it.

The only parts I liked were with Lex and Fine.

I love Clark and I never said this before tonight, not even during Reckoning, but that boy is an idiot. And a cruel one at that.

I think that everyone has such high standards when it comes to Smallville. I was happy to see the return of Brainiac, and Smallville for that matter!

I really liked the Prof. Fine manipulating Lex plotline, and the mysterious virus - but sadly the most interesting thing was made a b-plot. The main plot was so ridiculous, almost like a bad retelling of season two's "Heat" (remember Desiree who could manipulate men with her pheromes?). We have seen this femme fatal fotw before, only with a different French sounding name. And the fact that an alchemist's stone - with no apparent connection to Krypton - has the power to influence Clark (who has no weaknesses on Earth other than Green K ) so completely, is also silly. I could complain about how having Clark lie (yet again) to Lana and purposely break her heart was a lousy way to end their relationship, but I already did that on another thread. As for Lex's attempt to break them up, I'm reallyvery impressed by his expanding "super" villainy now that he had an "evil" plot to end Clana. (That's sarcasm!)

I don't see what there isn't to like in this one...

A hot girl taking off her clothes, the clana breakup (because to me, it can only mean its leading to Lana finding out his secret in a non boring way like she did in reckoning), and the brainiac scenes were good.

I guess some people had way too much expectations with this one. That or either you were an offended parent by the sexuality or an offended girl that was offended by the sexiness of the hypno girl for some reason.

Banned
    I HATED THIS EPISODE!!! POOR CLANA!!!

I have to agree, this episode was great. For me, it has been a pick-me-up from three episodes ago when they weren't too hot. I loved every bit of it. Especially since Chloe and Lois were working together and the whole Brainiac and Lex thing. However, next week looks lame. Lana would never do drugs.

Arms..getting....heavy Fly by guy's Avatar
    To paraphrase Alfred, "Hell hath no fury...". I brought in a special guest for his view on Hypnotic. Red, would you like to say something the the person responsible for last night's episode? Red: "Dumbass"
    The Simone plot was not as cheesy as I expected but the breakup, Martha's reaction, and Lana going to Lex was beyond awful. This season started so strong, but for me, has become the pits. Except for Cyborg, it has been a very long time since I enjoyed a majority of an episode and Void has the look of a real "winner" (grabbing barf bag and dark shades). If it wasn't for the weight I'm losing I'd stop watching.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast