Ep 1.17 - Hell House

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep 1.17 - Hell House

Talk about tonights episode here.

Sam and Dean investigate the case of a maniacal ghost inhabiting a long abandoned Texas farmhouse known as "Hell House".

I can't wait to watch it! But since it's parent's night, I will be missing it since I'm going with my mom. So I have to get a friend to tape it for me.

Sounds interesting when I read the plot on it and saw the promotion pictures. Can't wait to watch it!

Comment

i liked this episode a lot! It is one of my favorites so far. I especially liked how Dean and Sam were playing funny jokes on each other and I also thought those nerdy "paranormal investigators were funny as well.

Comment

The wanna-be "ghost hunters" were hilarous! Especially since one of their names was "Spangler"....ah yeah right! I smell a name change! LOL, I nearly choked on my Dr. Pepper when Dean shouted "Who ya' gonna call?!" The pranks were pretty dang funny too, I think Sam's pranks were pretty weak as well, but that was probably the point.

Other than that, I think this ep is pretty forgettable. Personally I can't wait until their dad hooks back up with them and they finally go kill that thing that ghosted their mom.

They did bring up one point near the end of the ep that I thought was pretty interesting though, I believe Sam said something like "Makes you wonder, how many of things exist simply because people believe in them." Not an exact quote, but I am too lazy to watch it again right now. I wonder if that will come into play later on, or was that just some throw away line at the end of the ep.

Comment

This wasn't the strongest eppy, but it was ok. The fun picked at small-town "professional paranormal investigators" was pretty humorous.

Really funny moments; Sam superglues Dean's hand to the beer bottle, and Dean's like "oh no you didn't" and Sam's laughingly replies "oh yeah!", then he laughs more and pulls the laughing-fisherman's string to mock Dean even more.

Was funny too when Dean let it out that he put the itching powder in Sam's boxers, and Sam tells him "you're a frigging jerk!" and Dean yells back in glee, "Oh yeah!"

Comment

"Who you gonna call?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthorMetropolis
              "Who you gonna call?" lol
              Best line of the episode!

I love how theese two act like real brothers. My favorite borhters monent is still the whole "Your dark" line when they where talking about hte family's dark spots.
              Last edited by angelfire east; 03-31-2006, 12:34 AM.

Comment

"WWBD. What Would Buffy Do?"

I loved this episode. It was funnier than most of the sitcoms I've watched in a while. Both the boys were great. And those jokes...

Basically, this is the way a filler should be done. Just because it's not tied to the seasonal arc doesn't mean it can't be a great and/or fun episode. And "Hell House" was both of those, IMO.

Comment

My brother and I found it absolutely hilarious when Dean put the spoon in Sam's mouth. Then he took a pic with his cellphone. God, we were cracking up, probably because we used to do similar things when we were younger. Dean's facial expressions were great at that scene.

And at the end, Sam says something like, "I have a confession to make... I was the producer!" Dean replies, "And I put the dead fish in the back of their car!" It's like WTF?

Episode was good, mainly funny (Who ya gonna call?) and I enjoyed it.

Comment

The Ghostbusters reference was definately the funniest part of the ep! Okay, I guess this ep was sooo bad, for an average filler ep, this is defiantely the best filler to date.

Comment

The part where they first met the HellHoundsLair.com creators was really funny too.

When the "professional" guys were saying their first "meeting" with a ghost was a vase(?) falling off a table, which they didn't even see. And the bearded dude was like "An experience like that..... that changes you, man." And the brothers are doing their best to keep from just laughing hysterically at them.

The intentionally humorous bits - of which there were many - in this episode were better than the actual plot/'"believed into existence" killer spirit. (IMHO)

Comment

This episode was awesome!....liked the spirit creature, liked the nerdy website guys and especially liked the humor that went back and fourth with the jokes sam and dean played on each other. definently one of the better episodes of the show....

Comment

There actually is a website.... it's apparently a compilation of supernatural type stories. I wonder if the WB or production company own it.

Official home of The CW Network, featuring Wild Cards, All American, Superman & Lois, Sullivan's Crossing, Grimm, Girlfriends, premium streaming series, movies, sports and more.

Comment

I loved this episode! The pranks, the Ghostbusters line, the HellHoundsLair.com guys, the concept of a changing apparition, it was just awesome! I liked this episode a lort more than some central eps.

Comment

GREAP EPY! I thought the druggy winchester-like ghostbusters were hillarious! I knew at first it was a take-off on Ghostbuster (After all one of the guys last names was Spangler --- like Egon!). Although I also found they were closer to that reality show on sci fi (another ghost-buster knock-off) entitled "ghost hunters". The drug reference was't that cool, but then again it added to that pair's idiocy! in general it was a great episode and it allowed sam to really be the bad-ass for once!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎