Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 2.16: The Rapes of Graff

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this episode. It actually seemed like an episode that could've belonged in Season 1. I'm not a big fan of Troy, and really wasn't that stoked to see him return, but he had very few scenes so that's ok. I enjoyed the Logan/Hannah storyline, it's too bad she's gone I was beginning to like her. And looks like Logan just dug himself in another hole, Why oh why can't he learn, and just quit while he's ahead. Ugh. Hopefully this means we might get some LoVe action in the not so distant future. One can only hope!
    This and the last episode have reminded me of the show that I loved back in Season 1. I think the problem with this season is that all the characters seem so disconnected from another. Veronica has barely interacted with the other characters on an emotional level, and only now is she beginning to get invested in the bus crash. In season 1 we could see why Veronica cared so much, this season we haven't really had much chance to see how she's feeling, if she doesn't care, why should we? Also, while I do adore Logan, this is not the Logan show, it's called Veronica Mars for a reason, lets focus more on her, shall we?
    Wow, sounds like I don't like Season 2, which is not true. I'm actually enjoying Season 2 tremendously, it's just a lot different from last year, which takes a bit of getting used to. Next week's looks good! Oh and I'm loving that we're getting all new episodes.

Comment

I really enjoyed Troy in S1... so I was excited to see his return. What made this episode feel so S1 again was two-fold... 1) Wallace was actually helping Veronica solve the mystery and in scenes 2) Veronica was helping a character that lived in the world of gray (someone who could be evil or good... who knows any more).

As for Logan/Hannah... I'm not a fan... and here's why: I think it cheapens Logan's first love with Lilly and soulmate status with Veronica to have him falling in love with every little wisp of a girl he dates. I can understand him caring for her and not wanting to hurt her... but falling for her doesn't sit well with me. I'm certainly not sad to see Hannah go... but the whole Hannah story line really makes me question Logan's character and the genuineness of his feelings towards anyone.

As for Season 2... I agree with you on many points. The characters have all been spread out and not really interacting except on a very small surface level. I understand that they wanted to give certain characters a more active role and their own mysteries... but it really doesn't work unless Veronica is also connected and trying to solve it. Beyond that... I think the real flaw with S2 is Veronica herself. She seems to be sorta emotionally tuned out, not really herself and not as invested in the mysteries. Don't get me wrong I've actually enjoyed S2 and part of this talk comes from the sort of less than stellar episodes leading up to Duncan's departure and right after Duncan's departure. The season started off strong and it is picking up again.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22

As for Logan/Hannah... I'm not a fan... and here's why: I think it cheapens Logan's first love with Lilly and soulmate status with Veronica to have him falling in love with every little wisp of a girl he dates. I can understand him caring for her and not wanting to hurt her... but falling for her doesn't sit well with me.
        First of all I must say I'm a HUGE LoVe Fan. Once said that, I don't think that Logan's fall for Hannah Cheapens Lilly and Veronica's Love stories.
        Logan fell 4 Hannah when she stood by him. No matter how ugly things may have been, she has always supported him, and that is something that neither Lilly nor Veronica ever did.
        Lilly cheated on him, and Veronica never got to trust him. Whenever Veronica discovered something odd, she never gave Logan the chance to explain. She assumed he was responsable for The camera's on the pool house and rushed away without even asking him about it, and that is only one example!
        On the other side, Hannah faced her father for him, defended him against her mother's accusations, even suspecting that she might be right about them (Logan using her) but always stood by his side ad that is something new for him.
        Someone that really trusts him!. She is also so pure and fragile that it's impossible for him mot to care about her, not no love her in some sort of way.

I Belive Logan loves Hannah, But I don't think that he does it in the same way he did love Lilly or Veronica. I belive it is a thankful kind of love, and that this does not cheapen Lilly or Veronica's love.

He has hot fallen for the firs chick on his road after Veronica, (which would Be Kendall) he king of fell for the one that cared.

Comment

Originally posted by BCNfan
          Logan fell 4 Hannah when she stood by him. No matter how ugly things may have been, she has always supported him, and that is something that neither Lilly nor Veronica ever did.
          I agree with this. Hannah trusted Logan when no one else did. And for her to do this after only having just met him, was something new to Logan. Both Lilly and Veronica never really gave him a chance to explain, and Veronica certainly didn't trust him. I think at this point in time, Logan really needed this extra boost of having somebody believe in him. After all the people that he's lost in his life, and all that he has been through, to have somebody defend him, no questions asked, I can understand why he started to fall for Hannah. With that being said, I don't think he loved Hannah the way that he did Lilly and Veronica. I think he deeply cared about her. I think he realized exactly what his actions had done and made a decision to stick by Hannah, the one person who had stuck by him even after she found out the truth. He wanted to protect her and be there for her, like she had him. So no, I don't think he loved her, but he did care for her. I think this shows major character growth for Logan.

Comment

Here is another review:

Comment

I can understand The Logan/Hannah thing.

Veronica's only had three MAJOR love interests, Duncan Logan and, I guess you can count Piz.

She's had the occasional Leo and Troy, but I think it must be sad, that Veronica's best when shes alone.

The fact that Veronica bashes her brain around because she knows she still loves Logan is true noir.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎